M&B Mod-Related Websites

Users who are viewing this thread

Janus

*spicy* *camper*
Administrator

http://www.mountandblade-mods.net/

Mod list covering mods for all M&B Series, automatically updated, showing update status and allowing for advanced filtering.

M&B Subreddit
Mount&Blade on Reddit.

Kırmızı Perfect - Mount&Blade
Kırmızı Perfect - M&B Warband
Modding storage for Mount&Blade and M&B Warband, directly managed by modders.

M&B Warband Pearltrees site collection
A collection of links to sites related to Warband maintained by JabdiMelborn.

469948_2513e603441d4a96852be8764d94dd6f~mv2.png
Nexus Mods: Mount&Blade
Nexus Mods: Warband
Nexus Mods: With Fire & Sword
Nexus Mods: Viking Conquest
Mod downloads for M&B related games, had the contents of the M&B Repository transferred to it back in 2014.

Mount&Blade ModDB Page
The entry over at ModDB for Mount&Blade.

Mount&Blade StrategyWiki Page
The listing over at StrategyWiki for Mount&Blade.

Mount&Blade Unofficial File Repository
Site for free hosting of mods and files related to Mount&Blade. New uploads disabled, content transferred to the Nexus (listed above) in 2014.

TWC Forums M&B Mod Section
Section on the Total War Center forums devoted to Mount&Blade mods.

GOG Official "M&B Series" Community Forum
Section on the GOG (Good Old Games)  forums devoted to the Mount&Blade series.

www.mountblade.info
Polish community site and forum.

Mount & Blade Library
Czech community site with coverage of mod updates.

Commando Website about Mount & Blade
Ukrainian community site with news covering Bannerlord and mod updates.

Caballeros de Calradia
A Spanish-speaking M&B forum with under-construction mods and tutorials.

Mundus Bellicus
A French website and forum dedicated to various strategy games as well as the M&B series.

Exilian Forums
A forum for discussion of various games, including Mount&Blade.

So Im not sure if this is what your saying but are you talking about a kind of M&B fan/help/mod site? That would be cool and I would certainly do whatever I could to help =).

To clarify, it would be a place for anyone who wanted to share mods, maps, utilities, guides/tutorials, or other such files for M&B. They could upload their file and share the download link with others, such as here on the forums. It would have no ads whatsoever and woudn't require you to go to a seperate page to download the file, they would be direct downloads.
I'm not really planning to make a full-fledged fan site, just the files (upload, download, and browse them). I could have a few major resources such as mod utilities or modding guides featured at the top, above the other files.
Who knows what's down the road, though?

I've fixed up the PHP scripts and they're pretty much ready to go, other than a couple of file issues I need to write code in to take care of.

Since I've got it mostly set up, here's the link for an idea of what it would be:

http://www.fenrisoft.com/mb_repository/

If there's interest, I'll finish up the work on the script and start allowing people to upload.

Looking good there with the possibility to sort the files, any chance of categorizing different downloads? Also if we are allowed to upload files it would be smart to make some sort of rules for descriptions and what kind of files you are allowed to upload. :wink:

Janus said:
How many people are interested in a place for free hosting of mods and other M&B files, with no ads or other crap, and allowing direct download links to files? I've got a few gigs of storage free on my hosting plan and about 90gb/month free bandwidth for it. I've also got an upload script ready and tested which will allow people to directly upload their files, without having to go through a middleman.
I've seen a few people one here having trouble finding a decent place to host their files, so I thought I'd make this offer.
Note that this is not an offer to host random screenshots or avatar pics or such. Unless they're really special. :roll:

This thread is to gauge interest for a central place to host a lot of mods, maps, guides, etc.

If you're interested, just reply. If a few people are interested I'll go ahead and finish setting it up, and post a link.
:grin: You deserve a pretty picture!
mountblade2005-10-1321-11-33-21.jpg

This sounds good. It should be handy for the Detail props mod. I somehow don't trust the websites that end in .de or any other funny combination of letters.

I'll probably be uploading something on there soon then. :wink:

Leodan Flamelock said:
:grin: You deserve a pretty picture!
mountblade2005-10-1321-11-33-21.jpg
Caption: approximately 1 1/2 seconds before the foot archer finished his work. :razz:
Don't remember those trees in the arena... been modding it?

Cataphract said:
Looking good there with the possibility to sort the files, any chance of categorizing different downloads? Also if we are allowed to upload files it would be smart to make some sort of rules for descriptions and what kind of files you are allowed to upload.
I'll probably script in separate categories after it starts getting some files, and set some rules requiring a proper description. At the moment I need to iron out those kinks first.
The kind of file extensions allowed are quite limited, if you look towards the top of the upload page. I can easily add in new extensions later if need be.
The request page indicates what categories of files are acceptable, though I might need to clarify that in the future.

Ingolifs said:
This sounds good. It should be handy for the Detail props mod. I somehow don't trust the websites that end in .de or any other funny combination of letters.

I'll probably be uploading something on there soon then.
Cool, guess I better hurry up and fix those issues then. I'll probably have them done later tonight, but at least by tomorrow night it'll be fully functional.

By the way, the request page is working. So everyone, feel free to request upload access.
I also need to clarify the request page to indicate that I'm not too picky about letting people upload.

Very noble indeed.

Oh and Ingolifs:

Ingolifs said:
I somehow don't trust the websites that end in .de or any other funny combination of letters.

Maybe my sarcasm-o-meter is broken, but you do know that .de is the domain of germany? :grin:

Well, got those issues taken care of. The site is ready for uploads now.

Hardclyff said:
I love the idea, I'm pretty sure this will catch up.

What about a voting/commenting on files feature? :wink:
Heh, more feature requests? I'll probably add those in the future. I'll need to hook up an SQL database for those, and it'll take a bit of work.

chadz said:
Very noble indeed.
Nah, not really. I'm hoping some people who make their own little mods will be more likely to share them this way, so I can get my grubby mitts on them, and I won't have to go through those annoying ad-ridden file sharing sites. :roll:

I'd volunteer to help with what I can, though I can't offer space or bandwidth (I'm at college). Sounds like a great idea, though. :wink:

Just so everyone knows, the site is going to undergo a massive change in the next couple of days. I'm switching to a CMS system with a decently developed downloads module which I've been customizing. It'll have all features people have asked about so far (categories, voting and comments, etc.).

Maybe we'll start seeing some downloads hosted at that point.

Also since it's within the framework of a CMS system, it'll be easy to expand the site later if I want to add in other content besides just plain downloads. I could even assign people rights to moderate and post articles. Gettng ahead of myself here, though. :roll:

Well, you might wanna hold up for a bit then... the download directory is going to change. Unfortunate side-effect of the switch, so I guess it's good that there have been no uploads so far. :lol:

I'll probably have the switch complete tomorrow, but at the outside it'll be the day after tomorrow.

The new one will allow people to register, send password reminders if need be, and all that good stuff. Unregistered users can download the files. Registered users can vote on them, add comments, and send PMs. Finally, a user group called "File Contributors" will have upload access. So to request upload access, people will just have the "what do you plan to upload" field to contend with, and I can then just add them to the upload group and send an e-mail through the system to them saying they have access.
Guess I've rambled on long enough. :smile:

Heh, well, I guess it wont last long but I just uploaded the latest mag-7. Thanks for the space, its a nice clean layout.

Edit: had to make a minor change to a filename so I uploaded a new version. I ticked "overwrite" but it made a second entry instead. If its going to stay up very long, please delete the older version (by 10 minutes). Thanks.

This is really a great idea! I just checked it out to find Ancients file and it looks great and easy to use!!

Thnx Janus

n00854180t said:
HugeMod is too large, I wasn't able to upload it (it's about 8MB or so, further versions may get into the 10-20MB range).

The new textures and such bump it up that much? Jeez.
The normal file limit will be 8mb, but people with larger mods can e-mail them to me or FTP them up.
But wait 'til I get the new site up. I'm still exorcising it's demons. I keep finding more of em too. :evil:
I think it'll be pretty cool once I get it fixed up.

EDIT: Well, its demons have fought valiantly, and it looks like it'll be Thursday when it goes up. Friggin thing. :roll:

EDIT 2: 20mb uploads through PHP are apparently not possible for the server I'm on, so I changed this post a bit to reflect that. People with files larger than 8mb can e-mail or FTP them, just contact me if you have one that large.

Back
Top Bottom