Do YOU want to make your own mod? Look here. (Outdated)

Users who are viewing this thread

The Wandering Knight said:
Heh, he got a mute o_o

I also vote sticky.
Okay, back now. Hopefully I will control myself in the future. Thanks for the vote!

Jubal said:
Right, well done. Mind if I nick the links?

http://z9.invisionfree.com/exilian/index.php?showtopic=26

That's the exilian tutorial contents, it's got most things covered, but actually it would be good if anyone wanted to help us expand it, I'd really like to make the tuorials section into a fully developed modcyclopedia with lots of stuff it.

http://z9.invisionfree.com/exilian/index.php?showtopic=12
That should also help anyone doing scene editing.
Thanks, I guess I'll put those up.

Ruthven, and Jubal. Thank so so much for localizing all these guides on modding, as well as all kinds of mod resources. I've saved tons of these pages to my computer, and already I'm hooked on exploring them all. I'm still trying to get the hang of properly referencing things, and where to / where not to place tuples in lists, as well as making all kinds of basic items and textures, however I feel I am well on my way to being capable of contributing to efforts in modding.

So here's hoping I can get onto the group for Fallout.

In any case, again, thank you!

I just got back. I'll put that up now. Then I'll stay in my room for nine days and nine nights, like Odin, hanging from one of the branches of Yggdrassil. Except instead of hanging, I'll be modding.

Morningstar said:
Is Wings3d the only modelling program compatible with M&B? Or can I use a different one?
Wings3d is the recommended for easiest use, but Ive heard of many people using 3ds max (or whatever it's called.) but if you haven't used any other 3D object making program before, I'd recommend starting out with Wings3d.

If you're turned out by the thought of a modeling tool with more knobs and dials than an airplane panel you could always try out Blender.

I just bought the game a few days ago, been looking at it for a year or so but never really got to getting it. At first I had no idea there were any modding possibilities at all, and man was I happy when I realized that python is used as that is the language I've been learning the past year!

Awesome compilation of links for modding, thanks!

Yay I'm a dumb noob and I'm so happy about this thread :mrgreen:

Thx

This is the only game that has ever made me want to mod. I really wanna do something to add to this epicness which is M&B!!

Impressive, all the basics in one place, should be helpful for the growing community.

Should be sticked, any info on how to "vote" for it?

Nethoras said:
you raped it and it left you, reinstall swordchest

also isnt this useless if it isnt stickied?
Well, I've linked it in my sig, so it could get attention that way. But a sticky would help!  :grin:

BlueskiN said:
Impressive, all the basics in one place, should be helpful for the growing community.

Should be sticked, any info on how to "vote" for it?
Well, really just saying it in this thread is fine, but of course you could PM an administrator like Janus or Merentha.

Back
Top Bottom