Do YOU want to make your own mod? Look here. (Outdated)

Users who are viewing this thread

Huzzarl,
First of all:
Caba`drin said:
This is not the place for questions. Use the Q&A thread in The Forge for questions.
Know this for next questions.

But to reply to you now. Most modders here use Wings3D, because it's easy and simple to use, but powerful. Blender is also a good choice - it has even more features, but it's a bit harder to learn.
You can use whatever you want - everything that will export in the .obj format (for meshes (models), for animations you need to use the .smd format).
If you have, let's say, a 3DS Max or ZBrush or Maya ar anything (if you have no idea, these are "pro" (and really expensive) applications), don't throw it away, you can use it too.
So basically, every program should work for the job.

To sum up: My advice will be to use Wings3D, which I find sufficient for most of my needs. But you can use anything else, as long as if feels good to you.

Kolba said:
Good job, Ruthven. If think this thread will help some newbies, if they'll ever find it :razz:.

I'd like to point out that 'noobs' or 'recruits' are only ever several questions away from being modding masters.

Ehm, so I have been through some of the tutorials. And there are some for adding factions. But im just looking to add multiplayer factions. Not actual campaign map stuff.
Is there a tutorial for that, or an easy way to do it for that matter?

Hello there. I have a question. I'm sorry If I wrote the wrong topic.

The game begins, how the relationship with a noble start?

Is there any way to change a skill ?

Like Blood And Steel mod. There is some special skill like Toughness that reduce damg taken.

LashYu said:
Is there any way to change a skill ?

Like Blood And Steel mod. There is some special skill like Toughness that reduce damg taken.
missedyousobad22 said:
I just want to say this modding tutorial is greatly appreciated, but would this tutorial also apply to F&S?
Ceza said:
Hello there. I have a question. I'm sorry If I wrote the wrong topic.

The game begins, how the relationship with a noble start?

These questions should be in the Q&A thread. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,6575.0.html

But I must say, missedyousobad22, that is an easy question. Answer: yes.

Back
Top Bottom