Gonna make me some hardtack...

Users who are viewing this thread

13 Spider Bloody Chain

Grandmaster Knight
My first adventure into baking!

I've found a few recipes online for hardtack, but it's still my first time ever baking with flour. I'll be cooking in my dorm's kitchen that happens to have an oven.

Is there anything I should expect or otherwise prepare for? And for those who have made hardtack before, is it possible to bake them into cigar-shaped sticks? How well does it work?

Why the hell would you make hardtack as your first project? Is it, like, to counteract the feelings of gender ambiguity or something?

Do something easier like cookies or something.

Yeah, only some fur trapper mountain man would want hard tack just in case he can't get real food. Bake some cookies.

Cookies are easier?  :shock:

I'm serious, I didn't know that.

And why would making hardtack be away to counter gender ambiguity? I just feel like trying out some hardtack  :lol:

I think he meant that it sounds so super macho. "I'm going to try baking some **** like iron rations because I'm too tough to eat soft bread." I can't speak for fisheye of course. Go ahead and make some hard tack what the hell.

:lol: In all seriousness, I'm giving hardtack a hand simply because I want to see what it's like. I also want to see if I can bake it into cigarette/cigar shapes, since I'm too much of a wimp to smoke actual tobacco.  :lol:

Prove you're a real man by baking some rusty nails in. And by baking I mean that you should raid a nearby village and force a woman to bake it for you. Sissy.

MountainBlade said:
Prove you're a real man by baking some rusty nails in. And by baking I mean that you should raid a nearby village and force a woman to bake it for you. Sissy.

I was expecting something like this.

13 Spider Bloody Chain said:
My first adventure into baking!

I've found a few recipes online for hardtack, but it's still my first time ever baking with flour. I'll be cooking in my dorm's kitchen that happens to have an oven.

Is there anything I should expect or otherwise prepare for? And for those who have made hardtack before, is it possible to bake them into cigar-shaped sticks? How well does it work?

Ingolifs said:
Whadda****'s hardtack?

Gculk said:
Hard Bread.

Why would anyone make hard bread?

I would be more worried about the yeast being properly activated than using flower, Spider. Or is this bread that doesn't use yeast, hence it's hardness. Do you use plain flour, or self-raising.

Also, cookies are easier.

:lol: For the last time, people, I'm making it mostly for the hell of it. That, and I want to see what hardtack is like.

Due to the nature of the bread, it pretty much has to be non-self rising flour, I think.

Brownies are probably one of the easiest things to bake. Of course, if you don't have a female to bake them for you, we will have to revoke your status as a free man and reduce you to slavery.

I baked some brownies a few months ago and I have no regrets!

Baking tasty stuff is always a good way to impress the wimmins...though prolly the best still is being able to make a mean tiramisu.

Back
Top Bottom