[SoT] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

I think that  you should add a few features which are : possibility to kill captured units/lords or talk witch them like in The Eagle and the wolves MOD, creating your own kingdom--recruiting vassals ,starting wars..... ,and maybe few new dialogue options  in towns/taverns and i think tournaments dont match these times.

the_playa said:
I think that  you should add a few features which are : possibility to kill captured units/lords or talk witch them like in The Eagle and the wolves MOD, creating your own kingdom--recruiting vassals ,starting wars..... ,and maybe few new dialogue options  in towns/taverns and i think tournaments dont match these times.

You can already talk to captured lords or kill them.

The next build will incorporate kingdom creation, many new quests, and revamped tournaments/fighting competitions. If you want to read more about this read through the forum  :wink:

The tournaments will be disabled, but normal arena fights will be still avaiable, although a bit revamped.

Ok, i understand ill read more about this and I cant wait to play next release, keep up the good work.
By the way the sounds are great and when can we expect the new version?, oh and the last thing I think you should remove those purple bubbles theyre lol)

I must say that: this mod is awesome! I enjoy the game like no other - all the fights around you, conquering of forts and so on.. Also the great sounds of battle, music. Im very looking forward to next release.

Just few suggestion:

1) "visibility" of the settlements names through the terrain at campaing map is disturbing the atmosphere. I dont now if it possible to cancel this option but it would be great.

2) killing lords affects all factions (extrem ratio)

3) enemies groups joining the battle - also extrem ration - especialy briton bandits - but i can understand this, its their home :wink:

4) add more folklore celtic music (welsh, irish, scotish, bretons) - maybe try Warduna (check it at youtube) - if it historically accurate

This mod is really atmospheric and i have no doubts you will get it to perfection.

Thank you for your work, you give new wind in my sail through MaB world.

Good luck

P.S. Later i will post some new suggestion :wink:

i kinda like this mod but i must say the fact that u can`t select infantry(javeliners) separately from archers is a bad idea.could u please tell me if somehow i can change that myself in the mod file

You should also add a thing i noticed in Roots of Ygdrassil mod-during the siege after battle of the walls some of the enemies retreats into great hall and there you fight them in the 'next round' its quite fun ;D.And another think i know I shouldnt post this question here..... but could you guys plz explain me how to put those voice commands into other mod? (putting sounds folder and txt didnt worked)

Maybe enhance the atmosphere by making when youre visiting a town, castle or village you start off in the actual city and have to walk around. If you need to rest: go to the tavern. If you need to buy some shizzle: go to the market.

Actually you can do it if you choose to walk around the streets I think. Otherwise it could be fun initially but boring when you know every city by heart.

Oblivion did it, fallout did it :razz: Well the current systems kinda boring too :razz: Well if you could make it with an on+off switch.

I am going to add something like that, but not until all town scenes will be done.

The ability of building a palisade around your village? :razz: Also making so  your inn actually works as an inn inside the village since I was pretty disapointed when it was done after 75 days that nothing really changed.

Is there going to be added so when you get killed in a fight it doesn't just stop. Since the realistic damage + javelins flying + auto-resolve is stupid = taken prisoner and loosing all my stuff.

I noticed that on the tunics a, b, and c in the Rathos.brf, the flesh tones were slightly off on the texture file -- the bicep veins were on the brachialis (on the side of the arm) rather than on the front/bicep, and the triceps were under the arms.  So I've been doing a little tweaking to the .dds file to put the anatomy back in place. 

If you're interested, Kolba, I'll upload the modified texture for you to snag and throw in the mod.

Also, I was looking at some (physical, desktop) models from Pegaso, which does a lot of 'barbarian' figures; Germanic, Celtic, and Norse depictions from the time of the Romans.  This one in particular caught my eye:
http://www.pegasomodels.com/productdetails_en.asp?id=140

I don't trust my abysmal knowledge of 3d modelling programs enough to monkey around with any of the character models, but if anybody would be interested in doing some minor tweaks to one of the existing models, I'd be willing to do the texture work to bring that sucker to life.  I've got some design ideas that could make for a very dynamic looking figure, if anybody wants to collaborate. Given that it's inspired by Kolba's mod (even if my idea is slightly anachronistic), I'd prefer working with somebody who has no objection to him making use of the model if he wishes.  It could make an interesting 'champion'/berserker figure -- as it takes a bloody madman to run into battle wearing only a war girdle (kidney belt for those of you who find 'girdle' to be too feminine)! :wink:

Weapons.  Now that I've been playing around with the mod a bit more, discovered some more of the stuff in towns, and took a peek through the itemkinds file, I think the weapon and armour balance needs to be addressed.

One handed swords that do 40-50 damage? Better yet; one handed swords that are smaller than the hand and a half variants, and manage to do more damage and be faster.  The larger blades should be heavier; the difference in weight and leverage should make the hand and a half a) faster when being weilded in two hands, and b) should do considerably more damage. Two-handed axes are now doing less damage than single-handed swords. Hell, two-handed swords are doing less damage than single-handed swords... but only some. Other swords with the exact same weight and length are doing a fraction of the damage.

The weapon and armour balance seems somewhat off-kilter, and it kills any sense of consistency in weaponry. Two items made of similar materials of similar dimensions should have similar properties -- the varities of Balanced, Heavy, etc, aside. A difference of upwards of 22 damage among similar swords is excessive. Some spears are like it as well; similar dimensions, vastly different damage. Unless the spearhead itself is massive, the difference in damage shouldn't be that much greater than a sword's, nevermind measuring from spear to spear. A 3 inch wide stab wound is a 3 inch stab wound, regardless of the weapon that inflicts it.

Also, while I understand the desire to make javelins and other thrown weapons more dangerous, upping the damage to 40-50 plus the character tweaks on top of it... it seems a bit much.  A character can begin with over 200 Throwing skill and 4-5 power throw. That's enough to make javelins much more dangerous all by themselves. Even a minor tweak to their damage levels would have sufficed, I think.

We will definitely balance the weapon stats in the next version.

Northcott, could you come to our development forum and re-post your suggestions there?

http://z7.invisionfree.com/Song_of_Taliesin/index.php?act=idx

Back
Top Bottom