[SoT] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

- Now that throwing weapons (javs, argons, axes) have been realistically brought down to 2 or 3, shouldn't arrows be brought down too, like 8 - 10? On a side note, instead of pumping up archery skills so high up, maybe you could try the "Roots of Yggdrassil" approach by increasing bow damage instead and decreasing accuracy, the latter as some units seem to be armed with SVD Dragunovs rather than bows.

- I'd make mail and horses even more inaccesible too and leave them only to last tier units.

I suggested most of this to Kolba and I think it will be take into account for the next build.
The scheme for the units should be something like this:

Levies (no armor, made up weapons) -> "Militia" (simple weapons incuding spears and shields) -> Professional soldiers (one or two categories, better weapons, some with padded/leather armor but not necessarly all -> Veteran soldiers (good weapons, padded/leather armor, some with metal helmets, some with swords) -> Elite soldiers (excellent weapons, all with swords, some metal armor, other can keep to padded/leather of better quality).

Horsemen should be upgrade of the Professional soldiers.
Missile troops should be available just after the levies.

I dont know what everyone feels about this, what about being able to marry?

That could be quite an interesting feature. We are looking forward to develop many quests in the mod, but that would be for the future builds as a lot of work is needed.
There will be quests involving Saints such as Columba or Kentigern, and bards such as Taliesin, Myrddin or Aneirin. We may try to create several noble houses/subkingdom inside each faction, and some warrior orders such as the Audheran Laecha or the Wulfbyrnan berserkers to have a wide selection of quests.

Morcant said:
I suggested most of this to Kolba and I think it will be take into account for the next build.
The scheme for the units should be something like this:

Levies (no armor, made up weapons) -> "Militia" (simple weapons incuding spears and shields) -> Professional soldiers (one or two categories, better weapons, some with padded/leather armor but not necessarly all -> Veteran soldiers (good weapons, padded/leather armor, some with metal helmets, some with swords) -> Elite soldiers (excellent weapons, all with swords, some metal armor, other can keep to padded/leather of better quality).

Horsemen should be upgrade of the Professional soldiers.
Missile troops should be available just after the levies.

I couldn't agree more with that scheme, I'm all nipples erected at the potential awesomery of this mod.

Another suggestion: Keep it real, no fictional/fantasy weapons if possible.

Its simple but one of the best mods for mount and blade, the only thing i cant stand is the high damage the horses do, choose mounted soldiers or die :sad: i love infantry

well i readed all this suggestions and i realy liked that if there can be married lord doughter (sorry about grammar i have realy bad english) and one more u created rely great mod i still downloading it but i readed all coments and thei all said its cool :smile:

So I installed the mod, and I dunno if the textures are set to a predefined quality and never change depending on the video config, or if they are really that high quality that they make my computer pace when I get about 20 units with new clothing on screen....

Anyways, it would be very much appreciated if you could allow the textures to change with the settings if that is the problem. But if they do change with the video settings, well I guess I'll have to get a new computer.

I think the mod is quite well optmised. Kolba got a very old computer so he probably worked out that aspects of things. I don't know if there is lower textures but there is LODs at least.

The mod runs quite well on my computer. It lags in large battles, but battlesize around 50 is ok. Without LODs it's impossible to play with new items. Homever, in next versions I'm going to add more LODs and optimalisations (like smaller resolution textures etc.).

Found the problem. See my x4500HD has two forms of shading, the unified shaders and software shaders. Well I turned off the unified shaders, cause those take up half of my GPU power and is only good for shader intensive games, and viola! I get 32 fps in a castle! Also the textures are finally working at the 80% I told them to work at. Odd right?

Maybe the the consequences of killing a lord could be tweaked.  I execute *one* little saxon and suddenly all of Britain reviles me.

I agree with that. You should lose only relationship with the faction when killing a lord or any prisonner.

I found the siege a lot difficult! the buildings are the "weakness" of this splendid Mod...in that period there weren't such keeps and castles...If you have the time it would be nice to have fortress like the ones of "Medieval Total War: Viking Invasion"...they look very appropriate  :roll:

Vestinus said:
I found the siege a lot difficult! the buildings are the "weakness" of this splendid Mod...in that period there weren't such keeps and castles...If you have the time it would be nice to have fortress like the ones of "Medieval Total War: Viking Invasion"...they look very appropriate  :roll:

Fortress mostly haven't been adressed yet, so we still stick with native fortress. We plan to have a lot of new scenes, based upon archaeological work. This way you will be able to walk in mighty fortress such as Dumbarton, Dunadd, Dundurn, Birdoswald or Lindisfarne.

Look around the forum, some topic display new scenes that were done for 1.0 release. Unfortunately some have been lost in a hard disk crash but they are going to be remade.

Some exemples:
A pictish village build around a ruined broch - http://img697.imageshack.us/i/mountblade2009111922422.jpg/
Inside Lindisfarne - http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/8493/mb27kopia.jpg
Outside Lindisfarne - http://img268.imageshack.us/i/mb29kopia.jpg/ and http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/5796/mb1kopia.jpg
Traprain Law - http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/866/osada1r.jpg

In the end the mod will feature hillforts, promontory forts, crannogs, timber-framed walls, drystone walls, reused roman fortress in the Hadrian wall area, etc. It is also planned to have more important undefended settlements such as monasteries (Iona, Whithorn, Hoddom) and trading ports.

impressive!  :grin:

an other suggestion...if someone can confirm, in that period the slave trade was very common and rewarded. Why don't use the "slave sistem" of "Rus XIII Century" mod? it was a very good solution, in my opinion...
also I was thinking about a "religious sistem" but I haven't ideas about that... :???:

I didn't play the Rus XIIIth century mod so don't know what you are refering about exactly. However slave trade will be implemented in some way.
As for the religious systems, a system of "guilds" is planned. Those so-called "guilds" will include famous monasteries like the Iona of Saint Columba and various pagan cults for the Picts and Bernicians.

Morcant said:
I didn't play the Rus XIIIth century mod so don't know what you are refering about exactly. However slave trade will be implemented in some way.
As for the religious systems, a system of "guilds" is planned. Those so-called "guilds" will include famous monasteries like the Iona of Saint Columba and various pagan cults for the Picts and Bernicians.

the "slave sistem" of Rus XIIIth Century it's simple and usefull.
First of all if you have no skill at "slave management" you can have prisoners in the same number of your troops
Second slaves can be sold to other generals, the price is in according of the "power" of the troop (f.e. an Aule costs...10 solidii, a Gesith 700 and a farmer 0)
Then you can also use the prisoners as presents to a general/king, it's like selling but you wont have money and it will only improve your relationship (in according of the number of the slaves and they value)

I encountered the hero Meredith and he seemed to be a lot more broad and heavy when naked ,than the classic body pattern....am i correct? Is it a mod ? or it's a matter of the Strength stat.....he has higher Str or what? Anyway it gave me a good idea about having broader models of body for charecters with higher Str and having more Body Paint armor's with tattoos as a friend said previously!! That would take the Celtic spirit of the mod to the next level for sure!!!

Vestinus said:
Morcant said:

First of all if you have no skill at "slave management" you can have prisoners in the same number of your troops
Second slaves can be sold to other generals, the price is in according of the "power" of the troop (f.e. an Aule costs...10 solidii, a Gesith 700 and a farmer 0)
Then you can also use the prisoners as presents to a general/king, it's like selling but you wont have money and it will only improve your relationship (in according of the number of the slaves and they value)

That's quite interesting. What would be good is an hability to sold unobles prisonners as slaves, and ransom the nobles ones (such as Gesith, Teulu, etc.).

Morcant said:
Vestinus said:
Morcant said:

That's quite interesting. What would be good is an hability to sold unobles prisonners as slaves, and ransom the nobles ones (such as Gesith, Teulu, etc.).

nice "evolution"! you could contact the Rus XIIIth Century mod creators... and ask if you can use their sistem and improve it!

Back
Top Bottom