[SoT] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

your own clan/kingdom and that ya can make vassals and that kinde of thing but since the mode things for the latest version is out i dont think it is possible is it?

The Celts, while waiting for a battle to start, usually started up a mass noise from horns to unnerve their opponents.  This is when their heroes went `beserk`, often with help from narcotic substances, and stripped of to show their tattoos.
I would imagine it would be possible to have such a noise implemented in this mod.
Heroes within game can easily remove their tunics prior to a battle to get this effect.  Maybe some celtic taunts would be good, there used to be a mod sometime ago that included taunts.

I think the character creation should be expanded... that is to say we should choose our faction from the beginning and shape the character accordingly...

I would like to see a few less snowdonian bands wandering about as I`m trying to siege a fortress up there and get constantly bothered by them wanting money, they`re worse than wasps at a picnic  :mrgreen:

they`re worse than wasps at a picnic  :mrgreen:

White Anglo Saxon Protestants ?  :mrgreen:

Well, maybe it's time to include kind of storyline? I know it would be a lot of work but Arturian England without storyline?

Cuireach said:
I would like to see a few less snowdonian bands wandering about as I`m trying to siege a fortress up there and get constantly bothered by them wanting money, they`re worse than wasps at a picnic  :mrgreen:

Or I maybe set Snowdonian Raiders to dislike Brithons. This would definitely fix problem :razz:.

Matrix33 said:
they`re worse than wasps at a picnic  :mrgreen:

White Anglo Saxon Protestants ?  :mrgreen:

Well, maybe it's time to include kind of storyline? I know it would be a lot of work but Arturian England without storyline?

I have it in plan, but not yet. I now must balance armies, equip lords etc.
So, Holy Grail story is planned. And christianisation of Ireland by St. Patrick too.

Asterix said:
I think the character creation should be expanded... that is to say we should choose our faction from the beginning and shape the character accordingly...

I don't think that choosing faction from the beginning, it's good idea. I don't want to do it - first, because player IS NOT a dweller of Britain. He comes from Ireland after murder of his father. Second, I want to make game little difficult, like in real early medieval world.

Gerontis the cunning said:
your own clan/kingdom and that ya can make vassals and that kinde of thing but since the mode things for the latest version is out i dont think it is possible is it?

Possible, I'll think about it.

Everything in Mount&Blade looks better if dark. :smile: Try Calradia:grin:eath and Disease. Everything looks so much better, especially the Nords and sea raiders. It should really inspire you to make the Saxons darker. And the picts should not have so much baby blue all over them, more like dusty darker blue and most appreciated, those cool tattoos they have.

If it already is like this, excuse me, I've only wathced the trailer on youtube :wink:

Cheers! A mod like this is like sent from heav... someone who have good taste of history. I will only download it though, when it's ported to v1. :smile:

I would suggest changing the language used entirely to English. While some people might like the flavor of Gaellic names/words used in the mod, I think the majority will see it as a hassle. It's nearly impossible to tell what an army is composed of, and even leveling up yourself and your companions can be somewhat of an annoyance (I know the general area of most skills since I've played native, but I still sometimes have to click around to find the thing that I want to raise). It will be impossible for most people to tell whether they're facing a high quality, infantry heavy army, or a rag tag group of low quality archer deserters; which can cause some playability issues.

Any other criticism I have thus far would just be nitpicking (native names and dialogue not changed in places, unable to enter Wales/Western England from the coast, etc...)

I like the setting, and some of the building interiors look quite nice.

waraelm said:
the roman armours way inaccurrite which you can see them wearing and wich you can buy.

Say it in English, please.

Savage said:
Everything in Mount&Blade looks better if dark. :smile: Try Calradia:grin:eath and Disease. Everything looks so much better, especially the Nords and sea raiders. It should really inspire you to make the Saxons darker. And the picts should not have so much baby blue all over them, more like dusty darker blue and most appreciated, those cool tattoos they have.

If it already is like this, excuse me, I've only wathced the trailer on youtube :wink:

Cheers! A mod like this is like sent from heav... someone who have good taste of history. I will only download it though, when it's ported to v1. :smile:

I was thinking the same. Mod currently is having too much colorful textures as I wanted before to make it little "fairylike", but now I'll stay on the historical side.

Wheem said:
I would suggest changing the language used entirely to English. While some people might like the flavor of Gaellic names/words used in the mod, I think the majority will see it as a hassle. It's nearly impossible to tell what an army is composed of, and even leveling up yourself and your companions can be somewhat of an annoyance (I know the general area of most skills since I've played native, but I still sometimes have to click around to find the thing that I want to raise). It will be impossible for most people to tell whether they're facing a high quality, infantry heavy army, or a rag tag group of low quality archer deserters; which can cause some playability issues.

Any other criticism I have thus far would just be nitpicking (native names and dialogue not changed in places, unable to enter Wales/Western England from the coast, etc...)

I like the setting, and some of the building interiors look quite nice.

I have a dillema, but what about a description of all units in game or on forum?

I'd love to have the names in their gaelic but as Wheem said it will probably be hard to know which troop is which... But anyways, when you, as a roman-brit, attack a bunch of savage picts, you will just recognize them as... savage picts :razz:

I know! Add a book called "How you know your enemy" that everyone start out with that tell what all the names mean :razz: hehe, just kidding

I love the idea of everything being in a different language but sometimes it gets a bit hard to figure out whos who if you know what I mean, any chance you'll come out with a english "patch" so people who want to keep it Gaelic can and the people who just want the names in English can download this "patch" to convert it to english can still enjoy a this awesome mod?

The worst part of the gaelic names is trying to upgrade my own men.
I'm the sort who likes heavily armoured, hard hitting Infantry, but that can be really really difficult if I dont even know what I'm upgrading (all comes down to guess work).
I like the upgrade bit, thats really cool, but for soldiers, it can be difficult.

Kolba said:
I have it in plan, but not yet. I now must balance armies, equip lords etc.
So, Holy Grail story is planned. And christianisation of Ireland by St. Patrick too.

The Christianizing of Ireland by St. Patrick is a bit of hyperbole. It was mainly 'Christianizing the north of Ireland', as he predominantly worked in Ulster, Meath, and Connacht. St. Palladius had, years prior, already preached to the Christians that lived in the south (mainly slaves of Irish nobles, but there were already native Gaelic Irish communities that were Christian, and some nobles).

Also, will there be, or is there (I still need to fix my copy of M&B) Niall of the Nine Hostages in Ireland? While Keating thought he died in 405, and the FFE in 395, it's more likely he died more around 450, and would be king of Ireland in 410, or beginning the ascension to kingship with the conquest of Ulster (driving the Ulster Cruithni to the eastern coast and subjugating them, the rest of Ulster being resettled by tribes from Connacht).

Kolba said:
I have a dillema, but what about a description of all units in game or on forum?

Add something small like a "translation guide" to the player's start inventory, something that gives the English equivalent of the Gaelic names.

Back
Top Bottom