HEY! My character is like aging or something!

Users who are viewing this thread

VinDogg

Veteran
Yeah so I surrendered from a battle (i didnt feel like fighting and i was going to revert back to my last save anyway), and a screen came up explaining how my character injured some tendons or something and I lost 1 strength. I have never had a character for this long and im wondering how often this occurs and if theres anything i can do to prevent it.

Huh? How does this happen?
I've now played a game for around 900 days and have never seen anything like this.

You must have a very, very long running game. It shouldn't even have a chance of you losing stats until you're about 757.5 days, and even then it should only be a 1% chance. Unless theres a way of losing luck that I don't know about. You can see your current luck by going into the retirement screen (you don't actually have to retire) by using camp - retire from adventuring. It shows the luck and asks if you want to retire.

How it actually works is, whenever you get defeated to the point of capture (or surrender) it generates a random number from 0-99. If that number is greater than or equal to your luck, you get -1 to a stat.

So to answer your question, it's probably not very likely - unless you're way over 757.5 days into the game. It would take 1500 days to get a 100% chance of losing stats, with the range in between being 1% for every 7.5 days.

Once you're at that point you better try not to get captured :smile:

Thanks Magelord, but since your all 1337 with all the modding and stuff, is there a way i can change that without needing to start a new game?

Open up menus.txt and find
1520 3 360287970189639680 1224979098644774914 -1
That will be where it reduces your stat by 1. Change the -1 to a 0 and you'll effectively take the bite out of stat loss. It will still tell you that you lost a stat, but it won't change.

bravesirknight said:
That's kind of a cool feature though, but far too hidden. But I'd rather see it like you break your leg and fight slow for a couple weeks, that would be hilarious.

I remember that in Last Days mod you could be injured for weeks?

Krllll said:
bravesirknight said:
That's kind of a cool feature though, but far too hidden. But I'd rather see it like you break your leg and fight slow for a couple weeks, that would be hilarious.

That never happened to me...

TheMageLord said:
That will be where it reduces your stat by 1. Change the -1 to a 0 and you'll effectively take the bite out of stat loss. It will still tell you that you lost a stat, but it won't change.

Thanks for posting that.  I'm tempted to change the -1 to positive 1 instead of 0, just to stick it to the man.

This is absurd, considering how much work goes in to a game that old and how long it takes before it is even considered...

Krllll said:
bravesirknight said:

I was trying remember which mod featured injury. Thanks for reminding, Krlll.

TheMageLord said:

I've got a question, how do you read that text? Do you have some kind of program that makes sense out of the numbers?

Back
Top Bottom