Yrmira sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

Whoopin

Grandmaster Knight
She fired my ass after I whooped too many villages, so I had to hire Artimenner.

Is there any way to find that slut again? Cause she jacked some decent gear I gave her.

Checked the traveller dude and shes no longer on the list.

Seff said:
Nope, you treated her too badly, so she won't be sucking no more.

Ah! Ah! but heroes have all short memory. For a few days (weeks?), she will disappears of the map, but in time she will reappear randomly in a tavern. When she will do that, the traveller will at new able to say you where she is. So you just have to wait... And she will happy to join you again.

If my memory serves me right, you didn't even have to pay her again. Just talking to her should do it. It'll still take a few days, so have patience.

Every companion is only as good as he/she matches your playstyle.

My playstyle matches with her style very well. I simply gave her a two-day jumpstart at the beginning (2 days of training and fighting looters) and from then onwards, she was the top fighter in my entire party (and that is with each of my companions having identical equipment!). Sure, the jumpstart-thing is a disadvantage - then again, besides of first aid and athletics, she is "open-ended" from the beginning on - she can become anything. You cannot say that exactly about many other chars..... like for example, the pointless marnid which has high trade but no charisma (how did he even get that much trade anyways?). Her "style" is quite easy to describe: Let your party and its actions be fair and honest, and she will be enthusiastic.

I didn't know if they ever came back after they fell out with you. I'd be cool if you seen some of the companions with the enemies or captured by the enemies. Which reminds me - I want TLD mod. :sad:

That's funny... Dshavi or whatever her name is deserted me about 100 in game days ago and she's still yet to reappear.

My Ymira is a machine. I went around recruiting companions until I had seven of them (I just picked the ones I liked and ignored the others, and I got away with no personality clashes at all). They've all got very similar equipment and have had their skills geared towards fighting (after being trained in my party for very similar lengths of time), and Ymira almost always gets the most kills. That's with people like Nizar and Bunduk in my party too x.x

I've managed to get away with my party members' sympathy for peasants too, because I've been targetting mostly lords, bandits and merchants (as an independant). If I gave the money away I'd almost be Robin Hood, but instead I've been spending it all on insanely expensive armour for my companions XD

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if a companion will actually leave your party because of personality conflicts? Just wondering, because I had one briefly between Nizar and Firentis (i think) in my previous save file, but whenever I asked them how happy they were they told me everything was great =|

I prefer Swadian Knight over Ymira. Better combat performance without having to put up with all of her ****. Maybe I was interested to hear how she came to be in her current predicament the first time I played, but can you just can it and let me get on with the pillaging? Swadian Knight doesn't care if he spends his days butchering peasants or slaying dragons, as long as he gets paid at the end of the week and fed in between.

Yes, but when the Swadian Knight inevitably ends up taking a pitchfork through the visor, he's gone for good. Ymira, on the other had, will just wrench that bad boy out of her face (chunks of brain and all), take a short nap, and then be back on her feet and ready to kill once more. Slightly more hardcore than your poncy knight =D

Speaking of dying, are lords and companions subjected to the same luck deal as the player? After a million days of playing and a million deaths will they start taking damage?

Tosh said:
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if a companion will actually leave your party because of personality conflicts? Just wondering, because I had one briefly between Nizar and Firentis (i think) in my previous save file, but whenever I asked them how happy they were they told me everything was great =|

Yeah they'll leave if they've got personality conflicts, but if you've got someone who each of them likes they'll stick around as long as the good influences counterbalance the bad. Either that or you buy lots of food and win a lot and they'll be happy too.  But yeah, I've had Deshevi get pissed off and leave before because she didn't like Borcha. So I ended up trashing Borcha and finding Deshevi in a tavern a day later.

As for the travelers not finding the companions, I believe the travelers only know about a certain area because I entered a tavern in Wercheg and the guy didn't know where to find Jeremus and that same day entered a tavern in Sargoth and the traveler there told me Jeremus was in Yalen (Artimenner had scared him off about a hundred days before...then I got tired of Artimenner and kicked him out and decided to go find Jeremus)

Back
Top Bottom