Ye Olde Zendar

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Septa Scarabae

Knight at Arms
I was thinking of doing a throwback mod, with a storyline revolving around the Swadian and Vaegir kingdoms. I'm curious if there would be much interest in that. Zendar would be a neutral territory, and would have the only arena outside of the two capital cities. For me, the map has gotten very busy. Some towns, and most the villages would go. Maybe even some of the keeps. The Rhodoks and the Nords would go, with the exception of scouting and raiding parties.

The geography of the map wouldn't change, but things would move around to be more in-line to where they used to be. All the new items and concepts would stay in. I might like to incorporate the jousting tournament from Arena Mod. Maybe a few new items or textures here or there, but not much.

Disclaimer: I'm not suggesting someone go out and make this mod for me, nor am I suggesting that I will ever get around to making it. I just wanted to toss the idea out there, and see if there was any interest.

Pistol Pete said:
That would be cool, I guess. Though I don't know how some of the die hard Nord fans would take that.

That was something I had thought about, atleast with character creation. As part of you background, be able to choose your heritage. Maybe you're an Adventurer born in Calradia, a Vaegir peasant or a Nordic sea raider. Or, maybe you come from unknown heritage and won your freedom in the Zendar arena.

Pistol Pete said:
That would be cool, I guess. Though I don't know how some of the die hard Nord fans would take that.  :lol:

Most of these "die-hard" Nords were Vaegirs or Swadians before. They can very easily go back to that for this retro-mod.

That's basically what you're planning right, Septa? Something more in line with the earlier versions of M&B (i.e. the Vaegir rebellion).

Agent Griff said:
That's basically what you're planning right, Septa? Something more in line with the earlier versions of M&B (i.e. the Vaegir rebellion).

That was my hope. I'd also probably expand on some of the features and lore, as well. Add some complexity, while removing the crowded map and focusing on the two factions.

Nikola said:
arnt there two zendar mods already?

I honestly don't know, I don't follow the mods forum much. However, my intention is to not to just bring Zendar back to life. My goals would be as follows:

• Reduce the information overload of the current world map, by basing it off of earlier versions of M&B in which the main factions were the Swadians and Vaegirs.
  • Give the Swadian and Vaegir kingdoms their original townships back, and expand on them using existing villages and castles.
  • Reduce the Nord, Rhodok and Khergit factions in size considerably. Atleast 50% of their towns, 80% of their villages and 90% of their castles.
  • Expand on the existing lore of Calradia, detailing the years prior to the Nord and Rhodok invasions.
  • Re-create Zendar as a central hub and trading outfit.
  • Re-create the Khergit Khanate as a more primitive tribal faction.
  • Dark Knights may or may not return.
  • Dhorak Keep would return, as would Baron Rolf.
  • The old conversations for Borcha, Marnid and Ymira would be put back in.
  • Small texture updates and additions.

Though I've never played the any older versions of M&B than 0.903, it sounds like an interesting idea!  :grin:

if anynation should become bandits it would be khergits because in the earliier versions of mb here were only swadians and vaegirs nords and rhodoks didnt exist and the khergits were bandits only a little stronger than steppe bandits and in smaller groups

I'll agree with you that the map is getting quite busy, perhaps too busy. I miss the smaller cities, war parties etc.

Artizan said:
dont forget salt mine, four way inn.. there shouldnt be khergits but black khergits.

The Four Ways Inn and Salt Mine were barren. While there might be room for them eventually, they aren't a priority. Even Dhorak Keep, which I think would be interesting to tie back into the lore, only had one NPC that never actually did anything of note. I'd be taking some creative freedoms in reverting back to an overworld and story reminiscent of v.0.750.

Tercero said:
i don't think it is a good idea, it seems to that it is like a going backwards

That's the point, to go back. It isn't going to be something for everyone. The map has just gotten so busy, it's lost of lot of the unique flavor the game had around v.0.750.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom