Daydream - fantasy mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if you miss me so much, I might give you some eye-candy too :wink:

This was originaly made for fun only, but than Nema liked it some much it turned into personal weapon.... ( I hope you dont mind Il show it to em Nema )

sword215.jpg

By the way, dont ask me about poly-count, you DONT want to know that :grin: ( In case you would really really want to know, its 9k tris, but shhh.... dont tell anyone )

I suppose I'll send some of my work this weekend, I'd love to help, but I'm a bit tied up untill this summer. I have a tendency to do little personal stuff for myself now and then (although I haven't figured out how to texture 3d objects, other than basic armours, which require very little advanced skill, nor can I ever figure out how to get it ingame) Althought for the most part, i just make myself banners, in fact I just recently finished this one right here (Crinkle Sheet Courtesy of RayvenQ) :
PersonalBanner1.jpg

If you're interested, perhaps I could do a few banners in my freetime? of course if you don't want my help, in light of me having to leave you guys as a writer around the beginning of the school year, I completely understand.

Man, that texturing is unreal. How exactly DO you do that? Are you using enormous texture dds files?

I'm working on the Redwall Mod and would like some tips on my texturing, maybe I can contribute a little something to Daydream.

Here's a sample of a model & texture of mine:

]
mb8-1.jpg

The Daydream team is simply the most skilled team out there when it comes to the visual department... if I recall correctly there was a screenie of a wagon released a few pages back that took hours upon hours to perfect.

bgfan said:
The Daydream team is simply the most skilled team out there when it comes to the visual department... if I recall correctly there was a screenie of a wagon released a few pages back that took hours upon hours to perfect.

You can say that again...

Mandible said:
]
mb8-1.jpg

That's not bad at all. That said from the perspective of a texturing imbecile of course, so I'll leave judgement to the pros :razz:

bgfan said:
I suppose I'll send some of my work this weekend, I'd love to help, but I'm a bit tied up untill this summer. I have a tendency to do little personal stuff for myself now and then (although I haven't figured out how to texture 3d objects, other than basic armours, which require very little advanced skill, nor can I ever figure out how to get it ingame) Althought for the most part, i just make myself banners, in fact I just recently finished this one right here (Crinkle Sheet Courtesy of RayvenQ) :
PersonalBanner1.jpg

If you're interested, perhaps I could do a few banners in my freetime? of course if you don't want my help, in light of me having to leave you guys as a writer around the beginning of the school year, I completely understand.

You could make us some Org banners if you like. :razz:

Mandible said:
Man, that texturing is unreal. How exactly DO you do that? Are you using enormous texture dds files?

I'm working on the Redwall Mod and would like some tips on my texturing, maybe I can contribute a little something to Daydream.

]
mb8-1.jpg

You can always contribute :grin:

The pic you show is a bit too small to judge texture quality. I can teach you some of my texture tricks if you like, but we'll need some textured models in return. In fact, I can teach you using those models. Just let me know if you're interested and start modeling an Org sword or other weapon or something.

As for our texture sizes: not particularly large. For an armour I just use a 1024x1024. It just takes a lot of time in terms of hand painting.

And thanks for all the compliments guys! :smile:

Yeah, I am still around, but quite busy with private staff.
Well, if you are lucky to saw wheene's uber model, I am not lucky so much to show you textured one. I made UV mapping but didn't find time for quality texture. So you must wait as always  :neutral:.
But you can believe that UV mapping also take me time.

As you can all see we didn't give up. But to make lot of quality staff take a time. I was talking at the beginning about far away playable version. Looks like that I was too optimistic then. But since there is progress in our work, I promise that it will be once upon a time.  :roll:

:mrgreen:

Hi, firstly nice work on the mod, some really pretty models and textures you guys made. :smile:

I can model, texture and learning to rig atm, in fact i'm aiming to make some plate armor sets with a more fantasy-ish influence, cause so far all the plate armor in vanilla M&B, Warband and other mods are quite dissapointing in the visual dept.

I'm interested in contributing some work at least, but don't know anything about your mod; first post doesn't provide an overview of the mod other than a vague statement to sift through 100+ pages of the thread... so yeah some general info on your mod would be good. :razz:

Hey man!

That would be very welcome!

Let me fill you in a bit. Our mod is situated in a fantasy world, up to now simply called "Land". There are two main factions, Elves and Orgs. Elves civilization is under constant attack from Orgs and as a result their cities and civilization is in decline. No fancy, silver and gold lined stuff, but scatched metal and leather on the armours. Still, they are a noble people with honor and dignity and far superior in terms of military skills. The intention is to limit the player party to 10 to 20 troops at most that should be able to take on Org armies of several hundreds.

Org on the other hand are small, scrawny creatures. Not sophisticated at all, crude, blunt, dirty, revolting, crule, violent, you get the picture. Given that they are small, they're not very strong either individually. So no heavy weapons or armour, but lighter stuff (though very crude and basic in technology). They're strength is in their numbers though.

That's a little of the background that I'd like to give away now. To go with that, let me post some of our screenies, so as to give you an idea of our style. It'd be nice if you could match that.

I believe all of these screens have been posted on TW before, but it's a good idea to finally put them all together. Here goes:

axeman-recruit-done.png

157697e5b90c.jpg

orkiedorkie.png

club_done.png

mess-hall.png

heavy-org-in-game.png

city-guard-shields.png

daydreamwarrior.png

demon-armour-done.png

buckler-1.png

trader-cart-finished.png

org-mace1.png

org-pick.png

org-axe3.png

org-axe2.png

org-pick-axe.png

njiekovic-1.png

daggers-1.png

captain_two_hander_axe.png

bucklers-1.png

new_helmet_set.png

weren_boots.png

BOW.png

njiekovic.png

new_bowman_captain_helmet.png

one-handerswithsheaths.png

captain-one-hander-sheath.png

njiekovic-org-boots.png

sergeant-bow.png

bows.png

TheFacelessLady.jpg

What we could most use now is some Org armours (particularly light ones: leather, scales, mail). Just let us know if that suits you :smile:

Cheers!

Very impressive work, I must say i'll be hard-pressed to match those. :mrgreen:
No humans in your premise tho? The guy with that big axe seems more 'human berserker' than elf. :razz:

Anyway, think i'll start with leather armor. Do you already have those org armors modelled? Otherwise i'd need a base model for proportions to start on. Do you have a forum outside of TW? I've some technical questions as well which I wouldn't want to spam your thread with.

It will have an actual story line, not like most of the mods out there.
I'd like to say btw that we plan on replacing every single object of the native stuff, so if anyone can just model simple items like fences, bags of grain, barrack tents or even beer pitches, it would help considerably!
This including the head of course, this is why the guy looks a bit too human :smile:

PS: wow Njiek, you went screen frenzy out there! Its been quite a while since stuff haven't been posted, you don't want to cause a massive heart attack wave on our followers now do you :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom