3. Everyone Charge
4. Everyone Mount
5. Everyone Dismount

And:

F1. Cavalry Hold
F2. Cavalry Follow
F3. Cavalry Charge
F4. Cavalry Support Infantry
(Orders them to go to the nearest Allied infantry unit.)

F5. Infantry Hold
F6. Infantry Follow
F7. Infantry Charge
F8. Infantry Support Calvary
(Orders them to go to the nearest Allied cavalry unit.)

First person view (Currently F6) would have to be re-binded to another key. I think the F keys would work best for these seperate orders because the keys themselves are seperated from eachother, making it much easier to find the right one.

I think it would add a LOT to the game if the infantry orders were seperate from cavalry orders.

A more advanced addon to this request would be to go as far as adding formations for the F9-F12 keys:

F9. Cavalry Line Formation (All Cavalry units group up in a line formation, facing the nearest enemy.)

F10. Infantry Line Formation
(All Infantry units group up in a line formation, facing the nearest enemy.)

F11. Infantry Circle Formation (All Infantry get in a tight circle facing outwards with the weakest units in the middle for the best defense.)

F12. Everyone Skirmish (Cancels All Formations.)

A ordering system based of the mouse pointer would be cool.

Look at a spot in the distance, then do a "Flight arrows at cursor".

Look at a spot to the right/left of enemy and order cavalry to charge there, performing a flanking manuver.

Kinda of like the SWAT 3 ordering system.

I'm seconding this idea. As you get more men, battles get more complex. It'd be very useful to have a more in-depth command system.

I'd also like to request an increase to the maximum level on the battle size slider. It'd be so very awesome (and actually demanding of my PC) if you could have true 50 v 50 battles, no troops held in reserve.

DominicWhite said:
It'd be so very awesome (and actually demanding of my PC) if you could have true 50 v 50 battles, no troops held in reserve.
Ouch. I think you'd need a bigger battlefield for that as well!

DarkUnderlord said:
DominicWhite said:
It'd be so very awesome (and actually demanding of my PC) if you could have true 50 v 50 battles, no troops held in reserve.
Ouch. I think you'd need a bigger battlefield for that as well!

Not really. If you look at current battlefields, only a small section of them is really used during most fights. Everything happens in the center. 20 men is usually just a frantic hairball in the middle of the battlefield. 100 would be (with a couple of minor AI tweaks) a much more spread out, cinematic rumble.

I'm pretty sure my PC could handle it too. I'm getting multi-hundred FPS framerates currently.

Well, not me :razz:
Anyway, I've already posted a very similar suggestion. I hope that, given the frequency it is being proposed, Armagan will implement something like this after all... right now, combat is fun, but a mess.

Better yet: Allow selection of which units to take into battle and which to hold in reserve, and then allow orders by stack.

For example, archers hold position here, cavalry wait, infantry wait. Enemy approaches, infantry charge, cavalry wait. Everybody is tied up, cavalry charge.

Back
Top Bottom