Mount and blade 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turok said:

This
ponty94 said:
MULTIPLAY WOULD BE GOOD

but no intervention from ea cuz it would make it all crappy and unrealistic-something inbetween age of empires and oblivion
And this
Ilikeducks said:
1. It might happen some day but... EA? FU. 2. Ure name is strange. 3. U got my pic =( U got it from Thepiratebay or Lolcats.com =O
And this
eyeeatpoopie said:
1. Ure right, EA would make the gameplay more ****y. 2. And Alanthir... Go f*ck ureself!

I don't care how retarded what your trying to say is, just please, for the love of all things pure, get off your lazy arse and spell properly.

I CANS SPELLS JOUST FIN.!!

and don't quarrel over such things.

arguing.jpg

Zyroke said:
I believe that taleworlds should use steam to advertise and push this game out there a bit more. Just an opinion though.

It'd never work really. I mean not many people will be able to see the steam before it evaporates, unless of course they're using some kind of steam based engine to both advertise and push the game out.

Actually, that would be kind of cool.

I would like to have these additions for M&B 2:
Late medieval setting
Full, half and partial plate
RCM for vanilla M&B
Different fighting styles for the weapons. Diverse stabbing animations for polearms, proper staff fighting and good Zweihander animation like in the German RPG "Drakensang"
After you attack with a heavy weapon, you need to get it back into position which costs some seconds. Lighter weapons won't have this problem
More men on the battlefield. Come on, Medieval 2 features more than 4000 units on the battlefield even on my computer.
Squads and formations, shieldwall, pikewall, shiltron
Lances break after a succesful charge
Halberds, Bills, Swordstaffs, (Byzantine Flame thrower as a hidden item)
Ships for transportation, trading and boarding?
Ability to found a caravan.
Barracks/treasuries in castles and towns
More managment options for villages, towns and castles like in Medieval 2 or Knights of Honor
More and better quests
Minimum voices like in Morrowind where NPCs greet you (depending on their attitude towards you) when you come close, but the dialogue is text based. Best option for modders
Bigger map and bigger nations. I want a big capital, some free trading cities, towns, villages, castles, fortifications etc.
Ambushes by bandits
A real RPG system. I don't call for a combat system like KotOR, but I want realistic attributes, skills and proficencies and not the everything has 10 points arcade system.

I guess thats all for now.

Bismarck said:
More men on the battlefield. Come on, Medieval 2 features more than 4000 units on the battlefield even on my computer.

That's quite different. The troops in medieval are just parts of the unit they belong to, not individual soldiers with their own AI like in Mount & Blade.

Get the Battlesizer mod, set the battle size to 1000 and you'll know what I mean.

Nahkuri said:
Bismarck said:

That's quite different. The troops in medieval are just parts of the unit they belong to, not individual soldiers with their own AI like in Mount & Blade.

Get the Battlesizer mod, set the battle size to 1000 and you'll know what I mean.

We have to question how SEGA was able to make a hack-and-slash game with substantially intelligent AIs using the same engine as M2TW.

I observed that Mount&Blade AI is rudimentary compared even to AI in Battlefront 2. And Battlefront 2 does support hundreds of combatants in a single game.

I'm not really sure if it's the AI that's causing massive CPU hog when there are hundreds of unit in a single battle.

Someone can let us know.

Bismarck said:
I would like to have these additions for M&B 2:
Late medieval setting
Full, half and partial plate
RCM for vanilla M&B

These are moddable already, and wouldn't justify an M&B2.

Different fighting styles for the weapons. Diverse stabbing animations for polearms, proper staff fighting and good Zweihander animation like in the German RPG "Drakensang"
After you attack with a heavy weapon, you need to get it back into position which costs some seconds. Lighter weapons won't have this problem
Lances break after a succesful charge
Ships for transportation, trading and boarding?

Nice ideas.

Ditto to Nahkuri' reply above.

Squads and formations, shieldwall, pikewall, shiltron
Halberds, Bills, Swordstaffs, (Byzantine Flame thrower as a hidden item)
Ability to found a caravan.
Barracks/treasuries in castles and towns
More managment options for villages, towns and castles like in Medieval 2 or Knights of Honor
More and better quests
Minimum voices like in Morrowind where NPCs greet you (depending on their attitude towards you) when you come close, but the dialogue is text based. Best option for modders
Bigger map and bigger nations. I want a big capital, some free trading cities, towns, villages, castles, fortifications etc.
Ambushes by bandits

These are moddable already, and wouldn't justify an M&B2.

A real RPG system. I don't call for a combat system like KotOR, but I want realistic attributes, skills and proficencies and not the everything has 10 points arcade system.

This is something that would justify an M&B2.

I would like a more modular module system ... similar to *gasp* what Bethesda did for Morrowind. Also, a console in the game would be idea for a sequel. In addition, all of the advanced modding features that modders ask for, like skeleton and animation support or whatever. These kinds of things would be best done at the start of the development of a game engine, and would definitely be great for M&B2. Multiplayer? No way, it's not what M&B is all about.

OR, you can get the Age of machinery Mod, or the Native Expansion mod, both I have and I love them both, I started my own kingdom in Age of Machinery, and I have 3 Lords, so far, my FACTION ROCKS! Once I own calradia, Wenches all around men!

Sorry but I have absolutely nothing to contribute to this thread, I just randomly chose a thread to practice my typing skills and admire my signature.
Carry on good people and completely disregard this post!!

I dont really care much for a MB2, but what about an expansion? I dunno.. the game has soo many areas, like all those castle interiors, taverns, city streets, I dunno it just feels like they could add some things to that instead of overhauling the entire thing.

M&B multiplayer? Heh don't expect that coming out for another 4 years. Also having EA as a Corporation would be horrible. Look at how they killed spore.

venemon1 said:
Sorry but I have absolutely nothing to contribute to this thread, I just randomly chose a thread to practice my typing skills and admire my signature.
Carry on good people and completely disregard this post!!

that sounds about right,

M&B2 should change the skeletal system so we can have short rhodoks and giant nords

Well its already too easy to smear the rhodoks into the battlefield.  If we made them midgets they would die just by looking at my 125-strong huscarl army.  :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom