Star Wars Conquest Mod for M&B 1.x and M&B Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

I just did, but the same thing happened: the game stopped loading during the "loading setting data".  :sad:

BTW, weeks ago, the game was successfully started once (I didn't do anything special). But it never happened before or after that.

dreadlord said:
I just did, but the same thing happened: the game stopped loading during the "loading setting data".  :sad:

BTW, weeks ago, the game was successfully started once (I didn't do anything special). But it never happened before or after that.

Have you tried the second option...

Swyter said:
Alternatively, try running SWC in Direct 7/FFP mode. That may help.

?

--
Either mode can be selected from a drop down menu in the launcher's options. Won't look pretty it but may work.

Swyter said:
dreadlord said:

Have you tried the second option...

Swyter said:
Alternatively, try running SWC in Direct 7/FFP mode. That may help.

?

--
Either mode can be selected from a drop down menu in the launcher's options. Won't look pretty it but may work.
I tried DX7 and it didn't work. Perhaps I should wait for the Warband version  :sad: 

Hello, I've been playing Star Wars Conquest rather obsessively over the last couple of days, but recently I have all of a sudden began experiencing game-breaking glitches and errors that have sadly ruined the mod for me.  Most important was the fact that, from the beginning, I could never exit the game, as the "exit game" button didn't work.  I would repeatedly have to manually close it with Alt+Tab or the Task Manager (perhaps this is what started causing some of the major problems?), but apart from that there was a huge glitch I experienced when first playing the game in that until I finally got rid of the speeder bike, I would spawn on it, unable to do anything until I got off, following which I would be attached to a random player across the map.  This player would move 2x faster with me and couldn't shoot.  Once I sold the speeder bike I was ok, but then all of a sudden later on in the game when I clicked on a lightsaber in my inventory it disappeared, and when I tried to save and exit the game crashed.  Then I tried opening the game again and it would run fine until I tried to go into player mode, in which the game's audio would work fine but the game would be frozen.  I've since then never been able to get past that, and just today the game started repeatedly crashing on "Loading Settings Data".  Now I can't even get to the main menu.  I realize this game hasn't even reached v1.0 yet, but it is still unbelievably glitchy.  This mod has the potential to be the greatest I've played in Mount and Blade, but it needs a lot of polishing, and equally importantly a port to Warband.  Are any devs still even working on this mod? 

FarenMW said:
Hello, I've been playing Star Wars Conquest rather obsessively over the last couple of days, but recently I have all of a sudden began experiencing game-breaking glitches and errors that have sadly ruined the mod for me.  Most important was the fact that, from the beginning, I could never exit the game, as the "exit game" button didn't work.  I would repeatedly have to manually close it with Alt+Tab or the Task Manager (perhaps this is what started causing some of the major problems?), but apart from that there was a huge glitch I experienced when first playing the game in that until I finally got rid of the speeder bike, I would spawn on it, unable to do anything until I got off, following which I would be attached to a random player across the map.  This player would move 2x faster with me and couldn't shoot.  Once I sold the speeder bike I was ok, but then all of a sudden later on in the game when I clicked on a lightsaber in my inventory it disappeared, and when I tried to save and exit the game crashed.  Then I tried opening the game again and it would run fine until I tried to go into player mode, in which the game's audio would work fine but the game would be frozen.  I've since then never been able to get past that, and just today the game started repeatedly crashing on "Loading Settings Data".  Now I can't even get to the main menu.  I realize this game hasn't even reached v1.0 yet, but it is still unbelievably glitchy.  This mod has the potential to be the greatest I've played in Mount and Blade, but it needs a lot of polishing, and equally importantly a port to Warband.  Are any devs still even working on this mod?

oi,make sure you lower your graphics settings don't use battle sizer etc...and also devs had currently stopped on this for "AWHILE" Swyter is busy on his TLD modification and yes them gonna port to warbang.(soon)

arlvent21 said:
FarenMW said:

oi,make sure you lower your graphics settings don't use battle sizer etc...and also devs had currently stopped on this for "AWHILE" Swyter is busy on his TLD modification and yes them gonna port to warbang.(soon)

All of Mount & Blade for me is completely unmodded, so there's no battle sizer or anything else on it like there is on Warband, and all the graphics were set to the lowest settings possible and it didn't help anything.  I'm mostly concerned with having to force close Mount & Blade every time I want to exit the game.  TLD is a great mod too, but... Lol I guess I just prefer SWC.  I'll be anxiously looking forward to the Warband port.

FarenMW said:

Yeah, stability is the lacking part, and maybe a bit of polishment around some rough edges.

Still I can tell you how to avoid some problems and annoyances, for example, the "attached to a random player across the map" thing: Don't use the deathcam keys (N, M?) to iterate between your living troops when you are dead, disable it in the mod options if you can, it's the buggiest part of the mod right now.

Also. If you can't exit is because the game has spawned a message box in the background, locking the main thread and hence freezing the interface. Go out of fullscreen mode by pressing Alt + Enter and close the harmless "bad DirectX cleanup" warning, it happens sometimes when using our custom shaders or FX injectors like ENB series or injectSMAA.

If you want to be on the safe side, and you don't care about graphics, then just switch over to DirectX 7/FFP mode in the launcher options. If you start a new game and follow these tricks the mod will be much less glitchier.

Ah ok - that makes sense.  I had used the deathcam keys and I guess that's what must have caused it, and although I tried Alt+Tab it wouldn't let me get out of the game.  Still, there are a lot of things I could try in that sense, so that's not a problem.  Thanks for the reply!

Hi guys, great mod!!! i'm new to the mode, and i have some questions.

1. how can you make money?

2. i have aproblem with my troop capacity. i can't figure how the number of troops
you can have is calculated. i have a ship of troop transport capacity of 3 (it is upgraded),
but i can have only about 45, ina maximum of 85.

3. what is combat scanner for?

4. are there special missions?

5. how can i play it to have the most fun?

:grin: :grin: :grin:

homeworlder said:
Help me Swyter-Wan Kenobi, you are my only hope!

I hate not being able to do this. But there's a million other things that demand my attention right now.
I understand that the mod is unfinished right now, and that fixing it is my responsibility.

You have my promise, I'll try to port it to Warband and make it playable.
I think I've tried to be honest with all of you about the progress.

Time, things on my way, are always the main problem here, together with motivation.
My good intentions almost don't count, and is frustrating as hell.

Swyter said:
homeworlder said:
Help me Swyter-Wan Kenobi, you are my only hope!

I hate not being able to do this. But there's a million other things that demand my attention right now.
I understand that the mod is unfinished right now, and that fixing it is my responsibility.

You have my promise, I'll try to port it to Warband and make it playable.
I think I've tried to be honest with all of you about the progress.

Time, things on my way, are always the main problem here, together with motivation.
My good intentions almost don't count, and is frustrating as hell.

Oh boy, didn't think you would reply, otherwise i'd have posted more than a stupid meme :p
Yeah, fully understandable, i've had that happen to me as well on a few projects as well. Didnt at all expect you to try to actually convert this as i am more than content with a 1.011 version, but i guess i'm a minority there, as i'm more interested in making the relcand version playable. But yeah, thanks a lot for your great work. I'd like to say i would help but of course i don't know any coding, at least not with Python. But if you have a donation link anywhere let me know.

homeworlder said:
Oh boy, didn't think you would reply, otherwise i'd have posted more than a stupid meme :p
Yeah, fully understandable, i've had that happen to me as well on a few projects as well. Didnt at all expect you to try to actually convert this as i am more than content with a 1.011 version, but i guess i'm a minority there, as i'm more interested in making the relcand version playable. But yeah, thanks a lot for your great work. I'd like to say i would help but of course i don't know any coding, at least not with Python. But if you have a donation link anywhere let me know.

If you want to show your gratitude in a more tangible way feel free to support me monetarily.
My Paypal account is [email protected], and here's a direct donation link if you prefer it that way.

You can write a purpose telling me things. Not tax deductible, yet. :smile:

My Star Wars Conquest 0.9.4-relcand also crashed on startup during the "loading setting data".
Replacing the original M&B 1.011 mb.fxo and running SWC in Direct 7 mode didn't help. Set graphics settings on lowest also didn't help.

Back
Top Bottom