Star Wars Conquest Mod for M&B 1.x and M&B Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

One thing that needs fixing to make this experiance golden. Female Stormie armor, thats all I ask. its only the shoulderpads that are wonky too. If I knew how to fix it, I would. Hell rather than ask people to fix it, if you could possibly show me how to do so on my own, you don't have to lift a finger. I love the mod, best wishes to you Swytr.

Scienta said:
One thing that needs fixing to make this experiance golden. Female Stormie armor, thats all I ask. its only the shoulderpads that are wonky too. If I knew how to fix it, I would. Hell rather than ask people to fix it, if you could possibly show me how to do so on my own, you don't have to lift a finger. I love the mod, best wishes to you Swytr.

Install OpenBRF, Blender and Blender SMD tools, search and select the stormtrooper mesh entry inside of the barf.brf file (Barf is the guy who made them, and we've stored assets by modeler), if you advance to the few next vertex animation frames you will see the female version, which was automatically generated with the help of OpenBRF itself.

Right click on the entry and export as SMD, so it exports model and skeleton rig with bone weights. Open it in Blender from the import menu. Fix the shoulderpads, taking care of not messing up the rigging, you can move the bones of the pose around to see possible glitches in the armor on movement.

Export a SMD of it, import it in OpenBRF replacing the original model/name, making sure it's using the same materials. Save the BRF. Now you have just modded a mod, congratulations.

Optionally play the game and experience the glorious result. Mileage may vary.

Swyter said:
Scienta said:

Install OpenBRF, Blender and Blender SMD tools, search and select the stormtrooper mesh entry inside of the barf.brf file (Barf is the guy who made them, and we've stored assets by modeler), if you advance to the few next vertex animation frames you will see the female version, which was automatically generated with the help of OpenBRF itself.

Right click on the entry and export as SMD, so it exports model and skeleton rig with bone weights. Open it in Blender from the import menu. Fix the shoulderpads, taking care of not messing up the rigging, you can move the bones of the pose around to see possible glitches in the armor on movement.

Export a SMD of it, import it in OpenBRF replacing the original model/name, making sure it's using the same materials. Save the BRF. Now you have just modded a mod, congratulations.

Optionally play the game and experience the glorious result. Mileage may vary.
I'm sure I am in over my head, but I will give it a try and let you know what happens.

Edit: Funny thing is, it looks perfect in OpenBrf
Edit2: yea definitely in over my head...
Edit3: Ok, I've done is somewhat, I just want to know before I finish importing it, will this remove the male version? It would be a little weird for all of my troopers to be female...

This mod is wonderful i have been enjoying it for a year and it still stands amongst the best warband mods! One thing i am curious about is why you can only have a certain amount of variety in units before it caps either the party cap or upgrade cap. I know this particular mod is done and the forum is kinda nonexistent but any response would be cool :grin: still loving it!

ALECOS said:
This mod is wonderful i have been enjoying it for a year and it still stands amongst the best warband mods! One thing i am curious about is why you can only have a certain amount of variety in units before it caps either the party cap or upgrade cap. I know this particular mod is done and the forum is kinda nonexistent but any response would be cool :grin: still loving it!
Wait, what?  PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TELL ME SWC HAS BEEN PORTED TO WARBAND!!!!

Just to let you guys know that in the latest issue of Finland's largest gaming magazine, Pelit, this mod got two page long review/article. The review was very positive, the writer praised the mod's detail, full use of M&B-engine's capabilities and its genuine Star Wars feel. His only real complaint was the halt of the mod's progress, and even that was more of a sad note than actual critisism.

So, there you have it. More rightfully deserved glory and honour for the team :grin:

dinnerblaster said:
Just to let you guys know that in the latest issue of Finland's largest gaming magazine, Pelit, this mod got two page long review/article. The review was very positive, the writer praised the mod's detail, full use of M&B-engine's capabilities and its genuine Star Wars feel. His only real complaint was the halt of the mod's progress, and even that was more of a sad note than actual critisism.

So, there you have it. More rightfully deserved glory and honour for the team :grin:
And it's not even a pinned thread xD

dinnerblaster said:

Hey, I just wanted to say thank you for posting this, it was VERY nice to hear.  If you happen to see a digital copy please post a link, I'd be curious to try and read a google translation of it.  :smile:

Anyway, I know I, Swyter, and MANY others spent a LOT of time working on this mod, so its nice to hear the work was appreciated.  I and others felt we left it in a decent state, but it is disappointing that we weren't able to continue it going and improve it further.  I know the issue with me personally was just a problem with real life taking priority and I didn't have time for games anymore.  Anyway, I do periodically continue to check into the forum, youtube, moddb, and other sources, and I do appreciate the interest and reading the posts/videos. Thanks to all that supported this mod over the years, it was a lot of fun to work on!

...I've found best words for SWC on PCGAMER AAR:...
http://www.pcgamer.com/diary-of-a-droid-jedi-star-wars-conquest-part-1/

Uninstall KOTOR. Forget TIE Fighter and Star Wars Battlefront. There is only one Star Wars video game, and it's an unfinished mod for a six-year-old medieval RPG built by an indie studio from Turkey.

ciauz^^,
Jab

So will there be a Warband version? I was thinking of buying The Original for it because it looks awsome, but if its out or coming out soon for Warband, I guess theres no point in buying it...

Not for a while. Swyter ported TLD from Vanilla to Warband successfully, but it took some time.

He did learn a lot from that experience, and will most likely work more efficiently.

TLD port for Warband looks more stable than on Mount and Blade, less crashes, at  least for me. If he decides to port this mod, that would be awesome! In my opinion, MnB has better mods than Warband, at least because of their stories. :smile:

Its sad to see him stand alone, I mean why would people not volunteer to port and improve mods such as this and tld ? these are absolutely awesome, despite being old totally better then majority of new mods.

Because of two reasons: First, most of people never played original MnB, just Warband and NW, so they don't know how awesome mods there are. And second, those who played and care about these mods doesn't know anything about modding, like me :grin:

Hey guys- I just bought M&B off of GoG and installed Star Wars Conquest into it, but when I try to play, when I get to Laoding Settings, it says this:

Assertion Failed!

Program C:\GoG Games\Mount and Blade\mount&blade.exe
File: e:\develop\mborg\program\src\../ ../rgl/rglBody.h
Line: 393

Expression: num_edges > 0

For imformation on how your prgram can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts.

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

Thats exactly what it says.

Help pls I WANNA PLAY THIS MOD SO BAD XD

Yeah I have that problem too...But only with the 0.9.4 version... 0.9.3 still works fine.

It's really weird since I have gotten the .9.4 version to work before...I've played it a few months back (I can tell because i distinctly remember a glitch with the death cam), but I reinstalled my game with the GoG version and now all of a sudden it doesn't work...

Makes me a bit sad, but I assume it doesn't have that much new stuff compared to 0.9.3...Right? I can't find a changelog anywhere.

OKAY, found a solution...You need the enhanced mount and blade.exe...Then the relcand works perfectly on it.

You gotta look around for your serial key, but it should be in the registry. HKEY current users/ mount and blade keys or something like that.

Only reason I never knew this is because I thought the GoG version was the enhanced, it's lower filesize than the original exe, but not as low as enhanced, so that's what got me, heh.

Back
Top Bottom