Game Characters (Manrid, Borcha etc..) are too whiny and want to leave too often

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys. I think its great that we can have characters that we can recruit into our team that have their own sets of skills that we can tweak. In addition, its cool to have names to the troops you have and give them equipment we want. But, as it is right now they are simply too whiny. They complain about every single thing. It would be great if we could have an option to choose if we want them to just stick with the team always (unrealistic) or have issues with things the party as whole or its members do with the risk of them leaving the party (realistic). I just get sick of loosing players every so often. Id like to recruit every single char on the game and just keep them as my soldiers. But right now I cant because they always have some issue or something to complain about that makes them leave. Please think about this.

There's a point in them bickering all the time.

It's so that you don't end up with a uber party of all heroes who can kick the ass of armies 5 times larger.  :roll:

If you really wish to keep them together, I've been told that pumping points in the Persuasion skill helps.

Every hero hates two other heroes, and likes one other.

For example - Deshavi hates Borcha and Rolf.

Usually, incompatibility is the biggest factor in hero's leaving.

I've never had them leave on that alone though. Usually something like being owned in battle reduces their morale enough to push them over the edge.

However, if you have persuasion skill, you have a chance to persuade them to stay.

Potentially it's possible to have every hero together without anyone leaving - Given that you fight all the time, always win, and never do anything that the hero's hate. For example, Firentis will probably get upset if you go off and loot villages.

Actually a party of heroes isn't that uber. You still need the coin to outfit them. By the time they DO get uber, is by the time you are at the level and troop que to defeat armies 5 times your size anyways (Slaughtered 300 nord troops sieging my castle on OPEN FIELD with 32 rhodok recruits, crossbowmen, and sharpshooters) NO HEROES

I understand that they should get mad if I kill a ton of farmers.. But the bickering about this "other person being too violent", "he looks at me bad" stuff like that I think is a bit in excess. Hardly do you have one that isnt Appalled at the choice of companions..

I kind of like it actually. It forces you to think of them more as actual characters than just figures that you can play dress-up with.

I agree with the OP.

They're a pain in the arse when they whinge. I preferred it when they all just got along.

If they're all going to leave because of one another and because you forget to appease their bloodlust, then I'd rather just go back to the 'old days', where you had 4 who worked together.

It's realistic, but it's damn annoying. We need a 'keep these sorry second-rate heroes in their place' button. :lol:

Incontinent_Knight said:
I agree with the OP.

They're a pain in the arse when they whinge. I preferred it when they all just got along.

If they're all going to leave because of one another and because you forget to appease their bloodlust, then I'd rather just go back to the 'old days', where you had 4 who worked together.

It's realistic, but it's damn annoying. We need a 'keep these sorry second-rate heroes in their place' button. :lol:
Ymira: I do not feel safe being around Borcha.
Player:
Borcha is a Valuable member of our party.
Tell borcha you have me on your side
*Enact pimp hand technique*

Player choose pimp hand. Ymira shuts the **** up. Ymira stops complaining and does as she is told.

She's not my first choice...

But as it is now you have to think how you play (plunder villages or not and so on) depending on your companions. I like it.

I don't understand why your hardened NPC's whine about really tiny things. "He/she told me to **** off" etc. It would be much cooler if you could observe when they talk about it themselves. The screen would pop up just like it does now, but the heroes would be talking to eachother, not *****ing about it to their boss. (Unless it something major) Something like "You look at me like that again, and I'll ravage your anus to pieces" etc. You get the idea. :wink:

hell yeah! and when they're really pissed off they start fighting each other!
reminds me of some game i played long ago (dracula?) where whenever you have two or more knights in the same garrison there's a chance that two of them would quarrel over some lady or somesuch and duel. sheer awesomeness if you ask me.

A companion set that should prevent people from whining:

Baheshtur, Rolf, Jeremus, Firentis, Alayen, Lesalit, Borcha.

Baheshtur and Rolf will keep each other happy.
Firentis and Jeremus will keep each other happy.

Rolf, Alayen, and Firentis don't like it when you raid villages, but all of them are fine with raiding caravans.
Baheshtur, Rolf, Alayen, and Lesalit all dislike it when you run away from a fight.

Firentis is the most whiny, but you can generally ignore him, just try to complete most quests (a good idea anyway).
Lesalit and Baheshtur don't like it when you run out of food, but you can generally ignore that.

The A Team
Artmimenner
Borcha
Marnid
Lezalit
Rolf
Matheld
Nizar
Katrin

The B Team
Jeremus
Bunduk
Deshavi
Klethi
Ymira
Alayen
Firentis
Baheshtur

Store both teams in different castles. When there's a particularly huge force heading your way, withdraw both teams and your preferred troops. This way you can have all the companions in battle with you, then store one of the teams again to prevent their further sadness from being with the other team. Occasionally withdraw the other team and fight sea raiders outnumbered to raise their morale for the next enemy siege attempt, or your next siege.

Triosta said:
The A Team
Artmimenner
Borcha
Marnid
Lezalit
Rolf
Matheld
Nizar
Katrin

The B Team
Jeremus
Bunduk
Deshavi
Klethi
Ymira
Alayen
Firentis
Baheshtur

Store both teams in different castles. When there's a particularly huge force heading your way, withdraw both teams and your preferred troops. This way you can have all the companions in battle with you, then store one of the teams again to prevent their further sadness from being with the other team. Occasionally withdraw the other team and fight sea raiders outnumbered to raise their morale for the next enemy siege attempt, or your next siege.

Only just started on .960 a week ago and havent really grabbed a hero... can we actually finally garrison heroes?

You can store yourself too.

I'm unsure, but I think their morale drops if they're stored in the same castle. Also, some companions don't like being stored, so their morale drops(but they don't leave) each day.

Well thats it for me with Mountain Blade. Ive been playing this for a few years now. But I just cant stand the heroes. Every 5 min someone has a complaint. Its horrible. Someone please fix this for the next version if there is one. Ill check next version see if it changed. But for now I just dont find this game fun anymore. :sad:

Stormrider451 said:
Well thats it for me with Mountain Blade. Ive been playing this for a few years now. But I just cant stand the heroes. Every 5 min someone has a complaint. Its horrible. Someone please fix this for the next version if there is one. Ill check next version see if it changed. But for now I just dont find this game fun anymore. :sad:
If you don't like then just don't use them.
Or use only those that agree with your style of playing/fighting/pillaging...
With my current group of 8 companions I haven't heard a complain for the last 82 days. With this batch I just have to refrain from supressing the peasants.

Could you give me a list of your 8? Cause that would be refreshing. I cant stop using them entirely because I love having companions, but I HATE feeling like im a kindergarten teacher with 5 year olds instead of a commander with grown men and women that should be tough where comradery should be big.

Back
Top Bottom