What do you consider to be the most overrated game of all time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Saber Cherry said:
I loathe them largely because Mac zealots have traditionally been so... well, zealous, and full of misinformation and lies.  And even if Macs have improved a lot since the days when I had some bad experiences with them, I'll never overcome my dislike;
Since they stopped using the Motorola CPU and switched to intel x86 architecture they've become standard PC's with a 25% markup on components. Go figure ...

and boishock
boishock?

I suspect that's the kind of game that gets hyped in uh, other circles :lol:

Local said:
and boishock, come on it was system shock labotomised 

**** you, Boyshock is the best paedophilia simulator ever, it's much better than Clergy Cluster****.

Archonsod said:
Pjoo said:
Expect that healing self as healer is quite useless.
And potential Brutallus dps during stomp: 19k? If we count it for 2 seconds, aka potential burst. When tank has around 20k hp, and heals take 2,5(or 1,5 flash heals that don't do **** when boss hits 17k or paladin 2sec heals, still not fast enough)second to cast, if you start casting when tank takes damage you have wiped the raid.

And yes, there is quite few variables(on most bosses), but perfect execution that some bosses require is damn hard.
I wouldn't use a script on a character while grouped. It would seem a bit bad mannered I guess. Even then though the problem is only what Blizzard allows. If it were possible to have a single script controlling multiple characters it wouldn't be any harder to script an entire party to take on a boss

Well, there isn't exactly anything that challenging outside of groups :/

Merentha said:
American football.  The fact that an entire country with a population almost the size of the EU adores it will always confuse and anger me. 

Seriously, I live in a football town, I'm close enough to the stadium that I can hear the fans roaring.

Everyones drinking (and driving). Traffic is horrible, and the police don't do anything about it because If people started getting fined/pulled over for alcohol violations we would lose people, thus the town would lose money.

When I was in highschool we were forced to sit through Pep rallies, which is basically a circle jerk to get the football team all pumped up for their next game. Granted, I managed to skip most of them (only time I ever skipped school).

:mad:

Tarrantmw said:
Dryvus said:
Saber Cherry said:
What I don't understand is that there are people who had played FPS games on computers and STILL thought that Halo/Goldeneye/etc were anything other than stinky poo.

I cannot bear to hear the good name of Goldeneye 007 slandered. That game (in multiplayer) was pure fun.

:arrow:

Agreed. Anyone played Perfect Dark on the N64?? That game is literally the best FPS ever. I'm still playing it today, despite having a PS3.

13 Spider Bloody Chain said:
Local said:
Metalgearsolid (im sorry i just ****ing hate the series)

Aww, I liked the MGS series  :sad:

In no way are the MGS games overrated! They are amazing and to be completely honest, ludicrous. Hideo Kojima is a genius. And the Art and cutscenes are SWEET (anyone seen the Korean film Versus? Its directed by the guy who does the cutscenes for MGS)

And I reckon BioShock was over-hyped. Wasn't that great. Over rated I think has to be Halo 3...it was hardly "revolutionary."..

Who cares? 40000th post on the Other Games board goes to me!!!  :mrgreen:

EDIT: And now that prestigious post has been secured, I can answer your question.

I found it on the front page of Newgrounds. I wouldn't be searching for this sort of thing on my own. Oh no! Never. *shifty eyes*

I found some... interesting... things when searching for it just now though (since it's no longer on the front page) The search terms included paedo, pedophile, molest, children, priest, vatican... well, you get the picture.

American football.  The fact that an entire country with a population almost the size of the EU adores it will always confuse and anger me.

This is often a problem for people that assume everyone feels the same way as they do. I could say the same about soccer and the pansies that play it, but I won't because I can appreciate the skill of the players, the occasional excitement of the sport, the fact that it is deeper than a casual observer may realise and that it is imbedded heavily into many cultures across the world. You obviously can't do the same for American football which shows that either you don't 'get it' or can't get over your own bias against the sport, and that you fail to be able to look at it from another person's perspective. As a non-American I didn't really think much of it until I played Madden and realised the depth of the gameplay, and while the sport may not to be one's taste, if they actually understand the sport they should be able to appreciate it's qualities. People will often say they don't like a sport yet they've hardly been exposed to it. Strangely enough, once they have been exposed they often become fans, or at least are able to appreciate the sport's qualities. Maybe you just don't like the sport or maybe you don't 'get it', but either way you're criticising a sport when you're not in a position to do so.

Merentha said:
Zaro:  I'm an American.  Its completely impossible for me to not have been exposed. 

[insert comment questioning Merentha's devotion to the Motherland, with poor attempts at subtly referencing the Patriot Act]

Actually, I've never really liked any popular sport, both football and American football included. I do respect the skill of the players and such, however, as Zaro says.

It does get on my nerves, though, when schools start wasting so much cash on high school football  :neutral:

Zaro:  I'm an American.  Its completely impossible for me to not have been exposed.

Which is why I covered my bases by also suggestion that you may not 'get' it, or that you can't look past your own opinion. I can understand why someone wouldn't like it (from what I can tell most outside America don't), but it doesn't mean that the sport doesn't have qualities. The biggest influence in my opinion is simply because it is America's favourite sport, it's so ingrained in your culture that of course people will follow it blindly. It's no different than soccer in any soccer-loving country, or cricket in India.

The problem with your statement is that American football does have redeeming qualities. You should have picked a better example such as NASCAR. Oval racing? :razz:

Also what sport, if any, do you like?

M@ster-$ said:
I find American types of sport (American football, Baseball, Basketball) boring :roll:

Also: Baseball is just oversized Lapta :razz:

Apparently you didn't manage to read (or comprehend?) anything that Zaro said.

Mage246 said:
Apparently you didn't manage to read (or comprehend?) anything that Zaro said.

I read it.

-

About American football:

Merentha said:

Merentha said:

-

I'm not American, yes, but still I know the rules, I just find it boring for me. I have the right to not like something, haven't I?

Back
Top Bottom