Announcement: Hunting mod for .960

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander

Marquis
This mod is included in Age of Machinery. It will not be released alone.

This is a small mod about hunting:

Current Features:
  • Deer herds on the world map
  • Boar herds on the world map

• Hunting missions:
    • The animal herds move around close together on the terrain
    • Wounded animals move slower
    • Animals probably only attackable with ranged weapons (unless I find a way to fix that)
  • Source code will be included, everything free to use in any mod

Contributors:
  • Highlander: Deer model, texture; boar texture; scripting
  • vlad_flyzzz: boar model; bear model; stag model; alternative deer model

Screenshots:
newscreentu2.jpg

Deer model

Release Info:
There is currently a problem with horses (or deers) in .960. Once it is fixed, the mod will probably be released right away.
ETA: a few days.

Other animals for hunting could be implemented, too. They have to have a similar size to horses, though. If someone contributed a good animal model, it would be in the mod for sure.

Highlander said:
  • Deers probably only attackable with ranged weapons (unless I find a way to fix that)

Please find a way to fix that soon so I will be able to chop them deers with my bardiche in thousands!!!

amazing, though I think deers on the world map make the other lord parties look dumb.
It surprised me too... I thought it was another newbie starting an idea because he played oblivion.

lovely... i like that...

Highlander said:
Release Info:
There is currently a problem with horses (or deers) in .960. Once it is fixed, the mod will probably be released right away.
ETA: a few days.

but gon' wait till this gets fixed...

Is invisible rider that dies with its mount too much of a hack job :razz:

Plus, forcing player to use bows/xbows/rifles in mission template would be nice too... you know couch lancing deer isn't exactly sports :razz: Its like hunting ducks with a .50 cal sniper rifle or going after bears with tomahawk missiles... or ion cannoning elephants...

KON_Air said:

Plus, forcing player to use bows/xbows/rifles in mission template would be nice too... you know couch lancing deer isn't exactly sports :razz: Its like hunting ducks with a .50 cal sniper rifle or going after bears with tomahawk missiles... or ion cannoning elephants...

Well, the deer is a horse spawned on the map.  You can only attack riderless deer with ranged weapons, so no couched lances.

Havoc134 said:
KON_Air said:

Well, the deer is a horse spawned on the map.  You can only attack riderless deer with ranged weapons, so no couched lances.

Err... dude, he says the needs a fix for that and pretty much the only trick is an invisible rider that dies with its mount/kills its mount when killed.

KON_Air said:
Havoc134 said:
KON_Air said:

Err... dude, he says the needs a fix for that and pretty much the only trick is an invisible rider that dies with its mount/kills its mount when killed.
It's done like havoc says. No riders. It might even be better to be able to hunt with ranged weapons only.
Penis Colada said:
I hope this ends up in 1866, deer included.
Sure. It is originally a feature from 1866.

By the way:
vlad_flyzzz modelled a few other animals (a stag, a bear and a boar) which I'll implement after I've textured them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom