Funny thing about tournaments...

Users who are viewing this thread

Orion

Still Not Worthy
Global Moderator
Heroes in your party decide to enter tournaments if they have 30% health or more.

This makes absolutely no sense, as Marnid (who I had recently 'acquired') was level 1, we had just gotten out of a battle with mountain bandits where he was knocked out, and he had 30% of his starting health.

He joined the tournament.

Due to the seemingly random method for removing other competitors who the player doesn't fight/fight with, I ended up facing Marnid in the final round.

He had 30% of his starting health.

I just shot him in the foot :sad:

And another thing. Why exactly do you have to fight your own companions? I mean, shouldn't they be on your team?

Perhaps the player character always signs them up due to their infinite whining over stupid things? You know, just to get back at them?

Lord Sami said:
Perhaps the player character always signs them up due to their infinite whining over stupid things? You know, just to get back at them?
:lol:
I find it fun to fight my companions. They're at least somewhat of a challenge compared to the other retarded NPCs.

Katou said:
Lord Sami said:
:lol:
I find it fun to fight my companions. They're at least somewhat of a challenge compared to the other retarded NPCs.
You haven't been shot in the back of the head by Borcha, have you?

As there seems to be no entrance fee why should he not compete despite his 30% health. That he survived until the last round indicates that the chance of those not figthing you is not dependant on health. I would guess it is either based on level or a plain 50%.

I hate fighting the final round with a bow, especially that time my enemy had a twohander and a horse. I can't remember how often he ran me over and I hit him with 6 or 7 arrows (clearly not my archer character).

Yeah. Getting a bow when playing an archer means you've won. Getting one with a melee character means you're screwed. Not good balance, IMO.

Arena tournament could also be bigger battle. You start in the 1st battle facing 35-40 enemy. ( You have the same amount of troops on your side ). Then those he killed the most or those who survived (depending on how many survived the 1st round ) go to the next round.

I hate to go one on one, its to easy. Block attack block attack ... so on until the enemy die.

I'm quite sure companions, just like kradus, dranton etc, decide to enter the tournament by themselves. Though, there should be made some characteristics. Everyone doesnt like to fight, or doesnt like the idea of a tournament. Ymira, for example. Why would she fight? I assume they all do. Its like no-one asks their opinion do they want to fight or not.

And if it is default that all companions participate, then why shouldn't the whole army join? And why couldn't the contestants from a same army cheat, deciding who gets the main prize. They would of course. Thus they wouldnt be allowed to join the whole tournament! Aye?

Also, Firentis went on a long winded spiel about how he couldn't enter his home town because his family was still there and it would shame him and cause him to go emo. Then, five minutes later, he fights me in the tournament.  :neutral:

Captain Innocuous said:
Also, Firentis went on a long winded spiel about how he couldn't enter his home town because his family was still there and it would shame him and cause him to go emo. Then, five minutes later, he fights me in the tournament.  :neutral:

But was he emo?

Just pretend he was wearing a disguise, and fought in the tournament as a Mysterious Stranger, seeking fame and glory.

Come to think of it, has anyone found out what happens if your companion wins the tournament (after plenty of betting on the player's part, of course)?

Actually I was wondering that myself but as I never met them in the final round I couldn't "help" them win.

Back
Top Bottom