Anyone know of a mod that...

Users who are viewing this thread

GETS RID OF TREES?!  :evil:

My computer is awesome, it could easily run the 1000 battles some mods allow, but there's one tiny problem: If there is a single tree involved, my framerate KILLS ITSELF!!

I really want some better battles, and the larger battle sizes could help that, but it's not practical if I'm in a forest... or a grove... or anywhere near trees. So, if there's some way, or some mod, to get rid of them, please help!

CJ1145 said:
treestf8.jpg

Take the model of a tiny rock and rename it to all the foliage and tree models. Presto chango! Rocks instead of trees! I believe, though, the trees that were there will still block your movement. So no jumping over rocks that I love to do so much.

Actually, I'm not sure that will work. The rocks might stretch to fit the tree models.

Edit: This treeless mod is so screwed up.

If your computer is so awesome, why are you having problems with the trees? Mine is 5 years old, with a few upgrades, and M&B runs fine on full settings. Seems a bit odd.

Update your graphics card drivers.  There might have been a bug in the last released version of the ones you are currently using.

Either that, or you have a very odd rig.

Geoguð said:
Update your graphics card drivers.  There might have been a bug in the last released version of the ones you are currently using.

Either that, or you have a very odd rig.

I'm gonna guess that. My father claims it's great, but I doubt it. The salesman told him it could run "Doom 3" silky smooth, and he was sold  :neutral:. It's a great rig, can fight for it's life and actually play Crysis with a good framerate on medium. And I dl'd the battlesize changer to test my theory, and it's completely true. I can play with up to 400 guys running around with only the most minor hiccups, but a single tree screws it all up...

You sir are awesome.
An option to enable trees on the world map would be great indeed.

EDIT: wait, did you just made empty textures? because I remember that the old version replaced bushes and such to a single polygon model, thus increasing performance a lot.

it's got a haunted forest look.  could make for a good environment to use occasionally during native.

D'Sparil said:
EDIT: wait, did you just made empty textures? because I remember that the old version replaced bushes and such to a single polygon model, thus increasing performance a lot.

I don't think I got around to removing the collision models in my old mod, so even though the trees were completely invisible, you could still run into them.  Doing it this way is much quicker and easier.  Let me know if it still helps performance.  I think that GPUs that have trouble with trees in the first place would have more trouble rendering the alpha channels than the polygons of the trunks and branches.  This mod should cut down VRAM usage by a fair amount.

Triosta said:
Ha. Ha. Very funny. Your mod only got rid of trees on the world map.

Not at all. Nearly all the trees I've encountered look like big chunky sticks coming out of the ground, It was just those ones.

Back
Top Bottom