Version 0.955 bug reports

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello,

Please report any bugs you encounter in version 0.955 in this thread. It would be great if you could be as specific as possible.

Also, if the problem is reproducible then try to provide step by step instructions for triggering the error. If it affects a savegame, remember you can send it to the team at [email protected]. Stating only that the game crashed isn't incredibly helpful for troubleshooting, and there's a good chance it could be related to your system rather than the game, in which case post it in the Apothecary. If the problem is with a certain location in the game, please try indicate the location precisely. Many thanks in advance for your help.

Its not a bug, really, but I didnt find any other thread to throw this to (and its certainly bad idea to create a new thread for it)

When you defend villages from raiders or bandits, you get only farmers to your side from the village. But, before and after the battle, you could recruit tribesmen or such to your party. In battle they are nowhere to be found. I'd explain this by saying bandits/raiders killed the recruits first, and after the battle some farmers leveled up to be good enough to be recruited, but still. It'd be logical to implement tribesmen to defend a village, not just farmers.

(Of course, they may already be there, but I have mistaken them as my own troops)

Taraleon said:
(and its certainly bad idea to create a new thread for it)

Actually, its not. It defiantly deserves its own thread in the suggestions forum. Or at least a large mention in the thread about villages.

The collision for the snow battlefield rocks (or boulders) is off.  I can shoot an arrow about 3 feet above the rock and the arrow stops mid-air above the rock. 

KHAN! KHAN! WE HAVE LAUNCHED FULL-SCALE SEARCH TO FIND BACK YOUR FACE!!

khanisafatfaceum7.png

Yeah my face had a scratch on it too .. was wierd looking :smile:  But other than that.. I was just gonna say it's been really nice so far the last hour..  Wondered how there could of been so many new bugs with .954 .. but that explained it not having the main executable updated  :mrgreen:

Kingdom of Swadia just took a castle from the Rhodoks, while that is niether hard nor a bug... they really should have declared war first  :shock: Haralus was besieging one of my castles (Which was totally empty, so it only took him 2 days to take it :lol:) when a rhodok force which is also at war with me came and took it while he was besieging it (probably another bug), well when he continued to siege it anyway and didn't seem to notice they were his allies, so he killed half of them and captured the rest, the Rhodoks don't even concider this an act of war.

SantasHelper said:
I'm not sure if this will be in .955
I had done a fresh install in .954 (not a patch) and started a fresh game

When browsing the characters in the encyclopaedia, all faces when missing
Each time I clicked one of the guy I got the following error

unrecognized opcode 1980 line no 11
at tableau material tab_troop_note_mesh

----

I'm getting a fresh 955 right now, I'll see if it reapear

Alot of these types of problems were just caused by the .954 updater not updating the main MB executable so it was still .953 while everything else was .954..  I haven't had any of these types of errors since and the text messages are working nicely again since there are none of those script errors :smile:

The character potraits and the town/castle potraits have a bug

whathi1.jpg

(Yeah, I know, old mod is old =p)

PS: It's a 0.953 savegame

The villagers in your fiefs still say something about UNRECOGNIZED TOKEN when you ask them about their village.

Independant trading and the economy is broken in the opposite way it was before.  Where before it was too easy to make money through trading, it's now almost impossible to make money.  Even with a full merchant out of character creation, I usually can only find a few products that give me 4 or 5 denar profit each.  Worthless effort to try buying and selling.

Also, it seems that many areas lack specialty products, which are more plentiful and cheaper there.  One exception being Khudan, which still produces fur that can be traded elsewhere for a good profit.

After some time (somewhere around 1+ hour) I got a crash, but I managed to snap a quick pic of the crash report.

mouterrorlr5.jpg

Hope it helps.  :smile:

[EDIT]
Sorry for that, I read about it in Grimoire. It seems that it's an update problem, since I updated from 0.954 to 0.955. Sorry for that.

SantasHelper said:
Bug #4

Huskarl have power draw 4, but no chance at getting long bow & arrows.
It makes no sense since previous troops in that same troop tree have bows.

To be clear:
No player in his right mind would click the upgrade button if they knew this.
Loosing the bow is a very heavy downgrade.
It would be like upgrading from Knight to Dismounted Knight  :mrgreen: :???: :evil:

It's happened in earlier versions too but it's hardly a bug. It just happens to be that the standard equipment issued to huscarls didn't include bows & arrows even when lesser units have them. It used to be easy to change that before v. 0.8. But haven't tweaked troops equipment in more than a year.

Skunky Lee said:
After some time (somewhere around 1+ hour) I got a crash, but I managed to snap a quick pic of the crash report.

mouterrorlr5.jpg

Hope it helps.  :smile:

[EDIT]
Sorry for that, I read about it in Grimoire. It seems that it's an update problem, since I updated from 0.954 to 0.955. Sorry for that.

I have similar problem happens during near  Halmar City

:!:    error line 8  >=0        :!:   

then pc crash, that's all I could remember.

Also in battle.  Whenever many mounted units trying to get 1 enemy.  They all got tangled up and horses got unmounted and cause even worse blockage.

if possible u could allow these unmounted horse to run around for a few seconds then stop that would help if we wanted to mount horse later on. 

about the AI script,  u could try if unit near enemy for over 20 seconds and make no damage. have them move back out  b/c the F7 move back 10 paces dont work very well.

The collision for the snow battlefield rocks (or boulders) is off.  I can shoot an arrow about 3 feet above the rock and the arrow stops mid-air above the rock.

Not just snow. I spent like, 20 bodkin arrows on a looter and he didn't deal any damage (nor could he see me when I stood behind that small rock with that invisible three-foot wall above it), in a normal terrain. Until I stepped away from the rock, I saw my arrows stuck in mid-air and him finally feeling that satisfaction of seeing me emerge once more.

SantasHelper said:
fresh .955 install (not just patched)
fresh new game
Bug #4

Huscarl have power draw 4, but no chance at getting long bow & arrows.
It makes no sense since previous troops in that same troop tree have bows.

To be clear:
No player in his right mind would click the upgrade button if they knew this.
Loosing the bow is a very heavy downgrade.
It would be like upgrading from Knight to Dismounted Knight  :mrgreen: :???: :evil:

I would beg to disagree. Huscarl's are far superior to Veterans. They have better armor, weapons, and stats. What's not to love? Some dumb bows, so what? Just hire some Vaegir Marksmen, Rhodok Sharpshooters, Swadian Sharpshooters or Mercenary Crossbowmen if you need ranged so badly.

Also, not sure, but I remember something about Huscarls being elite guards in history. I remember that they didn't wield bows.

Back
Top Bottom