MP Apocalypse Fallout Warband Multiplayer Mod. BACK IN ACTION!

Users who are viewing this thread

spiritwind

Squire
In 2015 a war raged through the world. Every nation found themselves in a position where they had only two options, kill or be killed. Finally after 3 years of brutal murders a group of terrorists acquired a nuclear bomb that had the strength to cause death to all countries of the world. While feeling very pleased with themselves the terrorists launched this bomb in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. Doing so didn't cause the complete destruction that it was capable of. Many were pumped full of radiation and left for the mutations to occur. 70 years later you were born.
*note - This is not a final storyline.  Editing WILL be done*
-------------------------
This a mod for Mount&Blade version 1.011.
We have released demo versions of this game on the Taleworlds forums
but have yet to do so on moddb.  Sorry about that, but we don't want anyone thinking its a full version and then forgetting all about the mod.
Screenshots
These are beta versions, some editing may be done, item screen shot shows a lot of placeholder textures, dont scare at the plasma rifle =p.
Not all material is shown.

mb1-2.jpg

mb10-2.jpg

mb12-1.jpg

mb14-1.jpg

mb15-2.jpg

mb16-1.jpg

mb18.jpg

mb20-1.jpg

mb21-1.jpg

mb23.jpg

mb23.jpg

mb25.jpg

mb26.jpg

mb3-2.jpg

mb4-2.jpg

mb5-1.jpg

mb6-1.jpg

mb7-2.jpg

mb8-2.jpg

*sorry he has a mustache =p.  Didn't notice that until now ^^.*
mb9-4.jpg
----------------
Recruiting
We require previous work in order to join the team.  If you don't have any work to show us then I, spiritwind, will give you a small project complete before you will be let into the development scene on the fallout team.  If you are interested in joining then simply send me a pm telling me what your interested in.
We are currently open in the following fields.

Texture Artist
You must be able to make HIGH quality textures that mesh together really well and do not look like blocks from far distances.

Advanced Modeler
You must have tons of experience in the modeling fields.  You must be able to export all models into .obj format.  You must also know how to texture and skin all types of models, weapons, scene props, trees, bla bla bla, and add them efficiently in mount&blade through .brf format.

Python Coder/Programmer
You must be pretty skilled with this field and know how to work mount&blade efficiently 100% through he module python files.

Scene Editor
You must have tons of experience with the fallout team and with the program that mount&blade provided for modders to edit the scenes.  We will accept no *just learning* people in this field.    You must be able to use your imagination and create reality based wasteland towns and maps.

Voice Actors
We are currently greatly recruiting voice actors.  We are going to try and get as many characters to speak their dialogs as possible!  So if you have good equipment to record your voice, great voice acting skills, and experience with the fallout mod then this is the position for you!

Any other fields that you might be able to benefit the mod with please contact spiritwind51 about!
The Fallout Team

Spiritwind
Team leader, coding, basic modeling, scene editor, brf editor, basic texture changes, and quest writer

Jlgx50
Advanced Modeler, Officer of the Fallout Modding Team

Kamov23
Modeler

Geroj
Modeler

Pagan
Music developer

Jade
Concept artist

Waha
Advanced Modeler

Deon
Advanced Modeler

Jestersheep
Advanced Modeler

F0xfingers[/i]
Sound Developer

Merritt
Voice Actor

Contributors
Wheene:  Contributed a lot of awesome weapons such as the glock23c, gauss pistol, gauss rifle, and much more.  He also did the power armor, however the textures and uv mapping of these models were done by current members.
If I have not listed your name here and you have contributed some material to the mod then please contact spiritwind so you will be listed here. 

Mortecha:  Past team member, contributed concept art.
Lonehwolf:  Past coder, did some coding, not a ton, but his presence really helped a lot and he helped a ton with getting the team forum set up, even though we have moved from that forums into a new one.  It was nice working with you pal
-IYI-O-R-T-: The Dog and Brahmin models, thanks a ton pal
ConstantA: Some coding help
Wei: Past team member, contributed some awesome textures

If you have any questions of comments feel free to post!
Here is the latest download of public version 1.0!
http://www.moddb.com/mods/fallout/downloads/fallout-mod-public-version-10
Here is the latest forums, it will prob be moved two more times in the next couple of months until it has its own domain along with our own domain and website for the mod as well.
http://mnbfallout.forumotion.com/index.htm

Well I'm downloading it now, I'll tell you what I think after mucking around with it a bit

EDIT:

Ok so I wandered around for a bit, and I have to say good job so far even though it's just native with custom music, and some name changes. I like the changes you made to the names of the skills to fit the Fallout theme.

Some pointers on what to do when you can do it:
Make a map: that would help a lot right now.
Make a few weapons and stuff to add.

It's got a good start, I say continue with it.

Thanks for the tips.  Yeah i plan on doing all that soon.  This was only my second day of working on it =p.  Right now im just waiting for a map editing tool to come out.  The old tool that is available isn't compatible with this version, so as soon as i can figure out how to do it another way, or someone posts one i'll get right to it.
As for weapons, thats a field that i have to start learning...  That and adding AI such as radscorpians, gekos, Death claws, and all those other creatures taht play a big part in the fallout world, is going to be the major challeges of the game.
The only problem im running into as of planning is horses.  They were nowhere in the fallout world, I know in tactics you could use vehicles in battle, but it would be pretty odd in m&b...  Sooo, idk, maybe with some public ideas we can think of something to replace them.  Or maybe horses could be worked into them.  There are a lot of things m&b cant have that fallout did, so its going to have some of its own, with hopefully a lot of original! 

Hmm.. I actually recommend you work on this for version .903 or wait until version 1.

Most things don't work with .952, but its up to you.

It's a bit moot, as we don't have a module system for 952. Also, I am not entirely convinced that the 1.0 release is really round the croner. There's still a whole lotta minor annoyances and lots of TODO scripts out there (which means additional features, which means additional testing). I'd wager that we'll get al least one or maybe two releases similar to 950, al of them will need 2 to 3 additional patches... I am skeptical that we see 1.0 this year. 
But that's a bit pointless to discuss. All we can agree upon is that we have to wait. In the meantime, let's talk about some concepts.

Unfortunately, I haven't downloaded your thing yet.

Anyhoo, there's some stuff i'd like to point out. I am a Fallout fan, I worked on a couple of mods. As for M&B I **** about doing minor edits: troops, weapons, banners. I am hoping to learn wings, and will learn the rest of the module system once the next stable release is out.

First of all, I'm not sure if it is really that good to stick to the Fallout universe. It has so many things that may be hard or impossible to do (for example - super mutnts, robots and mutants) since we cannot toy with the skeletons.
Additionally, Fallout is currently held by Bethesda, and these guys are notorious for being total arses when it comes to copyrights. As long a we stay low, there shouldn't be problems, but one can never be sure.
Finally, Fallout gets quite a lot of the atmosphere from the pulp 50s science fiction. I am not sure if all of it it can be recreated in M&B.

I, for one, fear the most about sieges, and the whole capturing towns, and how to make these at least look plausible in the setting.

Perhaps, it would be for the better if you chose a setting which, with a few adjustments would work better with M&B? The Postman movie, for instance? Once this is done, you can proceed to add additional elements.
Also, Fallouts aren't too good a setting, because it's more RPG-ish in nature, and Tactics whas more tactical, but the problem is the party size, which oscillates around 6, while M&B uses a large scale.

Anyhoo, whatever the setting, there's a few basics that you will need:
Additional landscapes - ruined houses, burnt wasteland, lots and lots of modern debris items. I thik that'll play the most part in making the whole thing convincing, and it would require the most work. Some changes in native color palette will have to be made as well.

Dress - some of the native furs and caps may be salvaged, but you need piecemeal armor, military outfits and sleek leather.

Weapons - This also needs pre-planning. Do you prefer to go heavy melee, or include lots of firearms? I think in post apocalyptic firearms should be rare and unreliable.

Skill changes - most of the skills may stay, since they are fairly generic.

Sorry if I sound like a nay-sayer, but I'd like to help with, and eventually play an post-apoc mod, and in order to do it some fair assumptions need to be made beforehand.

PS: I have an idea about vehicles: they would change the icon and speed for travelling on the world map, and on the battlefield they would be immobile, and act as the chest/banner. I think that's simplest, although it still can get buggy. 

Ps2: As to the factions, I think all this translates quite well into M&B: We can have neutral Towns and villages, Two warring factions of Raiders, a faction of tribals, a NCR-like faction that tries to reunite the land, some scavengers. All sorts of mutants may be hard, but I say, do we need them that much?

lols thanks for the advice.  Sadly i dont have much time to write to this, I'll have to do the rest later but...  That is a great idea with the vehicle!  Kind of like the fallout 2 way instead of fallout tactics.  So there is no skeleton editing?  So unless something comes out that can be used for that i might as well forget about radscorpians and DeathClaws and all taht?  RIght now i have *Brother Hood of Steel - The Enclave - Raiders - The Masters Army - And the Slavers Guild* Set to factions.  I have changed some of the city names to fit the fallout area.  In the mod it will prob extend northward into central Oregon.  The map will have to be Similar to the real world one, but Its going to have to be a lot diffrent so it dosent feel like your a giant in a small area.  So 903 was the most stable and has the most tools? 
Thanks for the advice
~Spiritwind~

well, its prob possible.  It would just take a lot of coding and changing the speed at which the weapons fire.  Like say the amount of time it takes to draw the bow up, instead of say xxx amount, just change it to .xxx amout.  Idk how the system works, still learning it =p.

It's up to you, but you can make the mod for v.903 since it has all the modding tools out, and once the module system comes out for the new version, you could port it over.

There is no skeletal modifying yet. Sorry.

As to rapid fire weapons, there are two-shot shotguns in Eagle and The Radiant Cross mod. It works like this - first two shots are nearly instant (but you have control if you want to make the second one), then you have to wait a bit until it reloads. This san simulate bursts to an extent, but I am not sure, how they did it.

Looking further down the list of probably impossible things, if you want super mutants that look fallout, not like orcs, you'd have to toy around with the skeleton, which we cannot do yet. Same would go for robots, for the most part, save for the more humanoid ones.

Dang...  What does the mount and blade team use for skeleton editing?  They dont release any of their tools?  They just leave the public to make unofficial ones?  If thats the case then some1 needs 2 develope one so mods can hit a new era!  =p.  Well, as for robots i didnt really plan to include them.  But Mutants were a big part, and what would be harder to create without skeleton models is the Animals that run around.  Like Floater,  Deathclaws and Centaurs.....
Well.  Anyone that might be interested in joining the team if i can put together a map?  Sounds like fallout will have to live with 903 until a newer version comes out and some toolz are released.
Tamuli, do u have anything that you've done already that you can show me? 
Wow.. Everytime i go 2 post theres a new message...
I'll have 2 check the link out. 

Also, if you haven't already, take a look at the Dies the Fire mod:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,20339.0.html

Perhaps they would share some of the resources.

Rapid fire guns are really easy to do. Fully-automatic are difficult, but yes, it's been done.

lol, thats what I plan!
So, any modelers out there that might have some free time that are willing to join the team? 
Right now I'm going to start on the map and designing a banner for fallout / moddb mainly. 

Back
Top Bottom