Top Five most influential

Users who are viewing this thread

Æsir

Knight
Who do you deem to be the top five (or ten) influential people of time. (God and armagan don't count  :grin: )

1.Julius Cesar.
2.Freud
3.Darwin
4.Hitler
5.Newton or Einstein.

Number 1 would totally be Jesus of Nazareth.
The second one would surely be Karl Marx.
Third would be Adolf Hitler. D:
The fourth would be Constantine the first.
The fifth is hard... Don't know. =( It surely wouldn't be a scientist, because those chaps work as one. :razz:

As an agnostic I didn't think of Jesus, he was influential regardless of your religous stance. I like that thought.

I'm too tired to think about the other four, but my 1.) would be Alexander of Macedon.

Æsir said:
As an agnostic I didn't think of Jesus, he was influential regardless of your religous stance. I like that thought.
You can agnosticize your pants off with Jesus Christ, but Jesus of Nazareth is overwhelmingly the most influential person in the world. So yeah, HIGH FIVE! =D

Since the Prophet Mohammed has already been mentioned I'll add Cyrus the Great to that list.

Merentha said:
Mohammad is arguably as influential. 
Dang, man! I totally forgot about Mohammad! =( Yeah, you are almost right. He is pretty influential, but not as close as Jesus. Why? Compare where the Christian Europe and USA have ventured and where the Muslim Middle-East has stopped.

Genghis Khan-- the Mongol Empire covered a huge area, influenced even more areas, and changed things dramatically for most of the area it covered.

doorknobdeity said:
Genghis Khan-- the Mongol Empire covered a huge area, influenced even more areas, and changed things dramatically for most of the area it covered.
So how did they influence the nowadays? Except for Moskau, of course.

Thats a fairly pointless thing to say. Noone matters sfter enough time.
1) Whichever of the first monkey people decided to use tools.
2)Whichever of the fisrt monkey people decided to group together instead of running away when attacked
And so forth.

pentagathus said:
Thats a fairly pointless thing to say. Noone matters sfter enough time.
1) Whichever of the first monkey people decided to use tools.
2)Whichever of the fisrt monkey people decided to group together instead of running away when attacked
And so forth.
Wow, I'm guessing you are a single male without any friends. XD Just kidding, mate. You really like fellow humans, do you? :razz:

Raz said:
The further into history you go, the more influential they must've been.
Thanks to 1) mass media 2) technology 3) infrastructure. 1 and 3 are through 2, so yeah... Progress. -_-

Alfred said:
doorknobdeity said:
So how did they influence the nowadays? Except for Moskau, of course.
Indirectly, they changed the political and cultural background of the entire eastern segment of Europe and the Middle East.  They also completely altered the course of Chinese, well, everything. 

Alfred said:
Merentha said:
Mohammad is arguably as influential. 
Dang, man! I totally forgot about Mohammad! =( Yeah, you are almost right. He is pretty influential, but not as close as Jesus. Why? Compare where the Christian Europe and USA have ventured and where the Muslim Middle-East has stopped.
I'm sure that is entirely Jesus' work.  :roll: I'd argue the other way, Mohammad more directly influenced the course of medieval history.  He directly perpetuated the rapid expansion of Islam in Saudia Arabia and deliberately set the stage for its expansion across northern Africa and the Middle East.  Jesus, on the other hand, did nothing of the sort.  His death was entirely ignored until about 250 CE and even then it was more important in the sense that other people used his name for rallying points, rather than anything he actually did. 

Merentha said:
His death was entirely ignored until about 250 CE and even then it was more important in the sense that other people used his name for rallying points, rather than anything he actually did. 

And without that rallying point, Western history as we know it would not have been the same. No Roman Catholic Church, which was obviously kinda of influential. No Crusades. Europe may even have been brought into Muslim control in the 700s or sometime after(I'm a little skeptical about that but can't deny the possibility). This indirect influence was more powerful than the direct influence of most, if not all, of the important figures in the West.

Back
Top Bottom