Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves

Users who are viewing this thread

DamienZharkoff

Sergeant Knight
A few groups to add to the game for recruitment/combat purposes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gypsies - Traveling groups of female entertainers, thieves, scammers, etc
Recruit possibilities
----------------------
Peasent Woman
Gypsy (Has a more archer based sword sister troop tree)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alleys - Alleys in citys, search around them and you may find hireable men down on their luck, or trouble
Recruit Possibilities
----------------------
Townsmen - Same as farmer
Poor peasent - Troop tree consists of more monk and pilgrim based/equipped units
Thieves - Assassins - Shows up when you sleep in a tavern, or outside.
------------------------
Thieves MAY attack out of fear, if you beat them with a blunt weapon you may choose to let them free, kill them, or take them prisoner
Assassins may attack you when you're inside a tavern, you must fight him in a dark, empty tavern

Recruit possibilities
----------------------
Thief - If you catch him and he doesnt attack, you may choose to have him come along. His troops tree consists of dagger/short sword using, light armor, fast moving, throwing knives equipped pickpockets to assassins

(add ons to this idea seeing version 9.55)

Assassin's during ambushes, not just mountain bandits or forest bandits.

Wrecked Pirate crew - Found along shores and rivers, you can attack them when they try to mug you, or, offer them a deal these desperate soul's can't resist

will add more non-hostile encounters to the game, yay! Good stuff, and hopefully shouldn't be too difficult to stuff down the gaping maw that is the mount and blade engine, (i could just say put in the game but I like mental images)

Just as long as the assassins don't spawn to often as if you reckon people get sick of running into bandits in towns at night sometimes you've never seen people who just want to rest their character in a tavern for a while and not want to have to fight almost every 1 out of 2 nights before their character can get back to resting and such.

Malkael said:
Just as long as the assassins don't spawn to often as if you reckon people get sick of running into bandits in towns at night sometimes you've never seen people who just want to rest their character in a tavern for a while and not want to have to fight almost every 1 out of 2 nights before their character can get back to resting and such.
oh of course not~!

I kind of like these suggestions, except for the fact that thieves wouldn't be useful in an army and they probably wouldn't want to join anyway.

Raz said:
I kind of like these suggestions, except for the fact that thieves wouldn't be useful in an army and they probably wouldn't want to join anyway.

Isn't Klethi a thief style character? And I can't really see thieves being useful unless they can give a boost to pathfinding or spotting. But that would mean even normal NPCs would have skills affecting the game map. So like Raz said, thieves aren't going to be much use on the battlefield unless...

They end up like MTW2's Battlefield Assassin and Hasashim.

Sulibres said:
Raz said:

Isn't Klethi a thief style character? And I can't really see thieves being useful unless they can give a boost to pathfinding or spotting. But that would mean even normal NPCs would have skills affecting the game map. So like Raz said, thieves aren't going to be much use on the battlefield unless...

They end up like MTW2's Battlefield Assassin and Hasashim.
Well thieves would be like peasent women

They would be crap up until they reach their highest tier "Assassin"

And Klethi Is sadly one of my best troops. She Always gets 4-5 kills before going down no matter what the situation since she has alot of agility

How about some kind of npc recruiting: you need some of the npc's to recrut special people, like klethi for thieves some of the "royal" npc's to recrout royal guardsmen or something.

Recruiting where the npc's use their past connections to help you recrut earlier impossible troops.

norwegian viking said:
How about some kind of npc recruiting: you need some of the npc's to recrut special people, like klethi for thieves some of the "royal" npc's to recrout royal guardsmen or something.

Recruiting where the npc's use their past connections to help you recrut earlier impossible troops.
I like it!

Shouldn't Assasin be a hired dude by enemy lord that tries to kill you?

Those random killers should be just murderers or something.

Pii100 said:
Shouldn't Assasin be a hired dude by enemy lord that tries to kill you?

Those random killers should be just murderers or something.
Oh of course its someone paid!
Could be anyone from a lord, to a greedy townsfolk wanting your stuff to sell, or being castist to you (I invented the word for racist towards caste!)

DamienZharkoff said:
Could be anyone from a lord, to a greedy townsfolk wanting your stuff to sell, or being castist to you (I invented the word for racist towards caste!)
Especially since it's possible to make enemies now! I love looking in the character report and seeing "Enemies: Lord Vuldrat, Lord Gearth...etc". Maybe assassination attempts could begin if your renown was above a certain level and your relation with a particular lord reached a certain point (say -60).

Jon Snow said:
DamienZharkoff said:
Especially since it's possible to make enemies now! I love looking in the character report and seeing "Enemies: Lord Vuldrat, Lord Gearth...etc". Maybe assassination attempts could begin if your renown was above a certain level and your relation with a particular lord reached a certain point (say -60).
Excelent suggestion. Make it a very rare thing without any true enemies. But more common with enemies, and alot more common if visiting an enemies town

I just realized, (yes, a psuedo bump here). With looting skill, thieves could be the more "professional" looters (since they would grow to more then a simple bandit) and enough of them (maybe) could add to your looting skill (if its not to high)

Add on (Sorry for constant post modding, food poisonings a b****)

I liked Extended gameplay mods numerous heroes from different factions (mainly neutral) and would love to see such a thing added to this game

Back
Top Bottom