Recruiting farmers from villages

Users who are viewing this thread

If ever neutral towns return to Calradia, I would love to then have attached neutral villages that behave similar to faction villages in that you can recruit troops from there.  Instead of faction troops, you would get farmers.  They would follow the hired blade troop tree.

I also think it would be great if either you could only promote faction troops to a certain tier unless you are a lord of the same faction or you could only recruit farmers until you were aligned.  For example, no Swadia Knights unless you are a lord of Swadia.

Khergit troops would go to horse archer but not lancer
Vaegir to Horseman, Infantry, and Archer
Swadia to Man-at-Arms, Infantry, and Crossbowman
Nords to Warrior
Rhodocks to trained Crossbowman and Veteran Spearman

Its not an important detail, but the devs have pretty much covered all the big stuff so this is all I have.  I remember the 0.7 Mount and Blade . . .

Good idea, does that mean if a party springs prisoners from an enemy party high level tie troops won't follow them?

nope, they would.  you saved their life and all.  makes sense to me that they would join your party.  Its the idea of promoting them to the highest tiers that I dont much like.

Art Falmingaid said:
Its not an important detail, but the devs have pretty much covered all the big stuff so this is all I have.  I remember the 0.7 Mount and Blade . . .
:roll:
Then why add to the clutter of the privy council with suggestions even you think are trivial?

rageshrub said:
Art Falmingaid said:
Then why add to the clutter of the privy council with suggestions even you think are trivial?

Agreed, there are other areas to be working one than 'minor details'

rageshrub said:
Art Falmingaid said:
Because sometimes even the small suggestions can help spice things up ALOT.

Honestly, why pick that out? Just either A) Give a good reason as to why its a BAD idea, or B) just ignore it if you don't care for it and it will cycle out

rageshrub said:
Art Falmingaid said:

I also said that there isnt much left to fix.  The trivial ones are all that remain for which to make suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom