Visible weapons

Users who are viewing this thread

Raz

Count
Hate to double topic =] but:
I think the equiped weapons should be visible on the player, 1h weapons on the hip, 2h weapons on the back (also shields when not wielding them)
For instance this layout:
1) a one handed sword, visible with sheath on the hip
2) a two handed sword, visible without sheath on the back
3) a shield, on the back
4) a quiver of arrows, on the other hip (due to too many items on the back)

get the point =]

Or you could just impose logical limits on the equipment you can carry. Come to mention it, on an unmounted soldier, there's really no good place to carry a lance except in your hand, but I suppose they could come up with something.

Jeah got a point there bobG, its just so more realistic when the weapons are invisible.. or is he supposed to put his 2 mtr long spear in his pocket.. lol

Lances should be carried in hand into battle. If you want to change another weapon or your lance breaks (which doesn't happen :sad:), just throw it to ground.

173D said:
MMad said:
Suppose I'm carrying four lances, then..?
Then you will look like a porcupine :lol:
LOL, and when an enemy charges at you, it gets 500p damage. Veryyyyyyy realistic :cool:

edit: yeah, would be nice if you could throw your weapons on the ground for instance if you need to be faster, whenn you run out of arrows

This is a nice idea, but another things had to be implemented for it to work. How already suggested, weapons could be dropped. Lances could broken(maybe with hit points like the shields have).
This way when looking at a enemie you could realize what he was carrying.
Arrows already are displayed in your back (tough they should have in the hip, as is historically accurate) so ther other weapons should too.

Yes true, but I don't think it'd be that hard to implement, would it? Y'know I'd just LOVE to see weapons or shields on the hip/back, but I guess it's just a thing I only have :razz:

Indeed. If you have a horse, you should have the option to hold another slot for ammo and another shield. But people carrying 2 shields alone is a bit too much for me...

Personally, I think it should merely show only one shield and up to two weapons, and only a single quiver. Lances shouldn't show up at all except on horse (in lance holder, by stirrup).

So at max you'd have two weapons (swords, axes, whatever), a single shield and a quiver and/or lance in the lance holder (by the stirrup on your horse). However, I somehow doubt this will ever come to fruition unless Armagan puts in a more extensive way to modify the game (i.e. DLLs for game functions. If using a mod, the game would merely call the functions from the player supplied DLLs in the mod folder). So yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath for this to happen, but it's fun to speculate anyway.

You mean it´s unlikely that it can be done until the game is finished? I don´t understand anything about programming, but I think this is only a matter of graphics...like it´s done when you already carry a quiver.

ThVaz said:
You mean it´s unlikely that it can be done until the game is finished? I don´t understand anything about programming, but I think this is only a matter of graphics...like it´s done when you already carry a quiver.

No, it's unlikely it will ever be done. That's what I meant.

Daimyo said:
There is another place where you can stick a lance, by the way.
Guess where.

Yup, right up your arse. Thanks for sharing your fantasies, next time take it to the Off Topic forum.

Well I'm laughing at your expenses too, so I think that's a draw. So now let's figure who stole the lance, I'm pretty sure I've left it near your couch.

Back
Top Bottom