Custom animation discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Ignore the horrible uniforms :razz: I slotted it into liberty or death for testing.

Sooo yes. Problems. Despite the fact I replaced the reload_musket, it also overwrote the reload_pistol... BoW Ex had different loading animations for musket.. was wondering how.. also how their firearms work with the "can't use on horseback"
Aside from that, and the fact you can run around, there's probably some clipping stuff... and I'd like to fiddle with vertex animation someday to ground the musket.

If you have BoW:X installed, go to the \Source directory under the mod's directory and just look at the module_items.py to see the flags we used for firearms...

NC

Dain Ironfoot said:
Sooo yes. Problems. Despite the fact I replaced the reload_musket, it also overwrote the reload_pistol... BoW Ex had different loading animations for musket.. was wondering how.. also how their firearms work with the "can't use on horseback"
Aside from that, and the fact you can run around, there's probably some clipping stuff... and I'd like to fiddle with vertex animation someday to ground the musket.
They are probably crossbows technically. "can't use on horseback" doesn't work for firearms. That animation looks great. Any chance you could send me the animation .smd, so I can do some tests with it and of course add it to 1866 later? If I can improve it, you can use that of course too. :smile:

Highlander said:
Dain Ironfoot said:
They are probably crossbows technically. "can't use on horseback" doesn't work for firearms. That animation looks great. Any chance you could send me the animation .smd, so I can do some tests with it and of course add it to 1866 later? If I can improve it, you can use that of course too. :smile:

Eh, itp_cant_use_on_horseback does indeed work for firearms.  It will allow you to fire the round in the chamber but you cannot reload if you stay on the horse.  I'd say that this is pretty realistic...

NC

NCrawler said:
Eh, itp_cant_use_on_horseback does indeed work for firearms.  It will allow you to fire the round in the chamber but you cannot reload if you stay on the horse.  I'd say that this is pretty realistic...

NC
No, it does not. Have you tried to use a weapon with itp_firearms and this flag? A message pops up when you reload, but it doesn't prefend you from reloading. You have probably seen a crossbow with a rifle model in a mod and thought that would technically be a firearm, but it is not.

hrmm, looked at your firearms in BoW X.

Seemed pretty much the same as mine except you use reload_mask? Is that what makes it use the crossbow reload anim, but still count as a musket and not be useable on horseback?

I looked at ID_animation and module_animation, but could make head nor tail of it. It mentions adding new anims, but I can't see how. All just have anim_human as an ID rather than numbers.. there are a few other shared anims (1 handed parries) which I'd love to change.. anyone with python knowhow got any tips?

Highlander said:
NCrawler said:

NC
No, it does not. Have you tried to use a weapon with itp_firearms and this flag? A message pops up when you reload, but it doesn't prefend you from reloading. You have probably seen a crossbow with a rifle model in a mod and thought that would technically be a firearm, but it is not.

So, you put these flags for your firearm:

itp_type_musket|itp_merchandise|itp_primary|itp_two_handed|itp_cant_use_on_horseback|itp_bonus_against_shield,
itcf_carry_spear|itcf_parry_forward_polearm|itcf_parry_up_polearm|itcf_parry_right_polearm|itcf_parry_left_polearm|itcf_shoot_musket|itcf_reload_mask,

and you're telling me it still reloads after the first round is fired??

NC

NCrawler said:
Highlander said:
NCrawler said:

NC

itp_type_musket|itp_merchandise|itp_primary|itp_two_handed|itp_cant_use_on_horseback|itp_bonus_against_shield,
itcf_carry_spear|itcf_parry_forward_polearm|itcf_parry_up_polearm|itcf_parry_right_polearm|itcf_parry_left_polearm|itcf_shoot_musket|itcf_reload_mask,

NC
Inded it does reload.

Ooooh, pretty pretty, didn't know you could animate Dain.

Highlander - it'll cost you a cannon (come on back me up here Dain), only joking, it'll be good to see this available for the community when its all polished, it's glaringly missing from a a fair few mods.

DarkAnd said:
NCrawler said:
Highlander said:
NCrawler said:

NC

NC
Inded it does reload.

Ahh, you guys are talking about if you fire your weapon, switch to a different weapon and back to the gun it's magically reloaded?  I don't think that is a fault of the cant_use_on_horseback flag, that is an M&B issue probably related to the ever replenishing ammo...

NC

Ok, so reload_mask reloads the gun using the crossbow animation. This would be great if we could replace the crossbow anim. However, not sure if it's a M&B limit or BRF ed limit, but when importing an animation, it has to be exactly the same number of frames. So the reload musket doesn't fit in the crossbow slot.

So.. anyone with scripting knowhow know how module_animations actually WORKS? I can't work out how it links an action to an animation at all... for example, if I imported the animation into an "unused human animation" slot, how could I make reload musket use that animation? And while we're on the subject, why does overwriting reload_musket in skeleton.brf, overwrite the pistol anyway? Why do they actually share?

NCrawler said:
Ahh, you guys are talking about if you fire your weapon, switch to a different weapon and back to the gun it's magically reloaded?  I don't think that is a fault of the cant_use_on_horseback flag, that is an M&B issue probably related to the ever replenishing ammo...

NC
I tried that code and it indeed works. That must be the reload_mask. When I tried it without that earlier, it didn't work. When I tried it, the gun wasn't reloaded by switching the weapon.
Dain Ironfoot said:
Ok, so reload_mask reloads the gun using the crossbow animation. This would be great if we could replace the crossbow anim. However, not sure if it's a M&B limit or BRF ed limit, but when importing an animation, it has to be exactly the same number of frames. So the reload musket doesn't fit in the crossbow slot.

So.. anyone with scripting knowhow know how module_animations actually WORKS? I can't work out how it links an action to an animation at all... for example, if I imported the animation into an "unused human animation" slot, how could I make reload musket use that animation? And while we're on the subject, why does overwriting reload_musket in skeleton.brf, overwrite the pistol anyway? Why do they actually share?
I have some experiences with module_animations and stuff, I'd really try to improve that, if you give me the animation. It's just pretty impossable to do that without the actual animation.

Dain Ironfoot said:
Sure, I'll upload the SMD file for you. Do you reckon you could work out how to seperate the 1 hand/2 hand parry anims too?
Sure. What do you want for muskets? 1 or 2 handed parry anims?

Well it's not for muskets, it's just atm, left/right 1 handed parries are same as 2 handed parries. I'd like to make them different.

No, I think that is not possable.
I got the new animation working for crossbows, but there is still the problem that the pistol uses the same animation.

For crossbow reload eh? So it plays all the way through? When I tried it, there weren't enough frames. Is it insanely fast or somthing?

Could we not add it to "unused human anim" then specify the crossbow reload to use it? So the pistol would still be unique..

No way of specifying left and right 1 h parries to be different? bugger... tis a shame. They have unique anims in skeletons.brf , but they are blank...

Animations seem very confusing at the moment. Somthing to pester for better support for in the module system..

Back
Top Bottom