SP Medieval Norman Invasion (recruiting,new items pg4).

Users who are viewing this thread

FerdiadITA

Squire
This will be a mod centered on the invasion of the south of Italy by the Normans.
Set in the 1046(death of William the Iron Arm),the mod cover a period of great changes.The old Langobards Dukedoms are dead,but something of their culture still resist.
Italians cities are triyng to become more independent,and powerful,from both the two greatests powers of those lands:The Byzantine Empire and the Papal States.
But something changed,the normans,fierce and strong warriors,reached the shores of the Apulia,and offered their services as mercenaries to the best offerent.But time passed,and season by season the number of the northmen grew,until the day they decided to claim their own kingdom.
This action didn't pass unnoticed,and both the heads of the chrstianism decided to declare war to the rising kingdom.
But they underestimate the strenght of the invasors,so that the Byzantine campaign collapsed in a futil action,and the Papal one never began.
So,emboldened by the example of the Normans,more then one city decided to claim their independence and the right to rule themselves.
To complicate an already complex situation,the Saracens,the sons of a prophet that came from far away,have decided not only to raid the coastal villages,but to settle themselves,and follow the example of their brothers in Spain.

FACTIONS:
Papal States
Normans
Byzantine Empire
Principate of Salerno
Saracens

FEATURES:
A new map of southern Italy
New factions
New historical troops
New parties
New mercenaries
New items
New scenes
New quests
New heroes
New NPC's
Renamed cities and Lords with historical names
Chance to declare war
Formations.

CREDITS:
Septa_Scarabae(Scarabae Texture Pack)
Luigi(Dukes and Mercenaries)
Llew2(Hundred Years War)
Chel(Expanded Gameplay II)
Njiekovic
Mirathei(formations script)
Nijis(Battle for Sicily)

Developers:
FerdiadITA
Nikephoros

RECRUITING:
Modellers
Texturers

Preview Screens:
Byzantine infantryman:

Norman swordsman:

Salernitan Knight:

Italian heavy militia:

Viking Raiders is dead.
I don't like to let a mod die,but I lost the wish to continue it.So there wasn't much to do.

I'll be looking forward to this. Glad you've decided to keep working  :smile:

Will the map only cover southern Italy - or also parts of the Balkans? It's going to be mighty crowded.

The new factions are interesting. A little unsure what City States are though...

FerdiadITA said:
FEATURES:
Chance to declare war
Sounds good  :razz:

Adorno said:
I'll be looking forward to this. Glad you've decided to keep working  :smile:

Will the map only cover southern Italy - or also parts of the Balkans? It's going to be mighty crowded.

The new factions are interesting. A little unsure what City States are though...

Thanks,an expansion to the Balcans would require a lot of new work,at least two others factions(Venice and Slavs),and it's not something I want to work now,maybe in the future...
City States is the best name I found for the "rebel" cities,that will be united in a unic faction.Maybe I could simply change the name in Principate of Salerno,but that wouldn't comprehend other free cities,so,I'll see.

Adorno said:
FerdiadITA said:
FEATURES:
Chance to declare war
Sounds good  :razz:

It's something I'm working on,we'll see.

I wish I could make something like that :smile:.
It's a bit different anyway,in the time period,in the place and the factions.Also,I will try to make it as original as possible by triyng to implement some features which I've worked,and still working,on by some time.

Merlkir said:
sounds a lot like Battle for Sicily..
I was thinking the same  :smile:

FerdiadITA said:
... an expansion to the Balkans would require a lot of new work, at least two others factions(Venice and Slavs), and it's not something I want to work now, maybe in the future...
I see. It's just my historical ignorance that couldn't fit all those factions into Southern Italy in the same period  :oops:

Sounds nice mod. Oh, and I understand your unability to stay for longer time on one mod :smile:. Same thing happened to me.

Map is almost done,need just a couple adjustements.Balcans(a little portion) came up that were needed to be done,so it have to be populate now :wink:.

FerdiadITA said:
Map is almost done,need just a couple adjustements.Balcans(a little portion) came up that were needed to be done,so it have to be populate now :wink:.
A screenshot, when you're ready, please  :smile:

Can't wait to lead the Normans down through Italy to rape the Sicilian Saracens  :razz:

As you wish,though it's still a WIP,but rather close to the final one.

Whole map
mapeditor20080408212805qs9.bmp

Sicily and Calabria
mapeditor20080408212819dx5.bmp

Southern Italy
mapeditor20080408212829bz7.bmp

Balkans
mapeditor20080408212836fs2.bmp

P.S. do not care about the two different texture on the sea.

P.P.S.I was learning how to model,but the decision to create the mod cut off my spare time,and consecuencially the time I could spent on learning.
So if there's anyone willing to help the mod,would speed up the developement.

It looks fine. I have two comments:
1. The heel (so to speak) of Italy is very long and slim, also making the 'Taranto Gulf' long and slim.
Looks a bit strange. It's more square than rectangular.
I was thinking more like this:

2. The hilly (mountainous) terrain is good. The more the better  :smile:

Sounds like an nice mod. (I've allways wanted to kill some italians.  :wink:)

That was a joke. Italians make great food, nice mods and are nice subjects for movies.

Adorno said:
I feel really silly now  :grin:

"The heel of Italy"  :roll:  I suppose you call it Puglia...

To the first sentence,why?you were right :wink:.
And the second,yes Puglia.

FrisianDude said:
Sounds like an nice mod. (I've allways wanted to kill some italians.  :wink:)

Thanks,you'll find that we do not die easily :smile:.

Back
Top Bottom