(All) Hegemony music: Nick Wylie composer for Hegemony series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hegemony 268 B.C.,

It gives me great joy to announce that I have been in contact with known composer Nick Wylie, and he has agreed to work with Hegemony 268 B.C..

1nick.jpg

Over the course of the next couple months, Nick will be composing custom music, which will be found exclusive to the Hegemony 268 B.C.. Nick and I had a brief exchange of emails in which we talked about such things as how he will be styling music for Hegemony 268 B.C., and gathered a little bit about his background..

Question: Nick, It is an honor to have you working with Hegemony 268 B.C. to compose custom music for the mod. First let me start by asking when it is you first took interest in music, and what instruments have you become proficient with since first taking to music.
The first major interest I took in music happened when I started playing the violin in early grade school and then moved on to play double bass.  Since I don't have either of those instruments anymore, I've probably stayed the most proficient with drums.

Question: What interests do you pursue outside of music. Is it likely that Nick can be found hacking and slashing online opponents in a virtual MMO, or is Nick more of a subtle person, rather spending time reading a good book, or enjoying outdoor life.
I absolutely love to go on adventures all across the US and be out in nature.  Not to say that I don't love to play video games from time to time because I do have a pretty formidable Wii Tennis score.

Question: Prior to my mentioning, had you heard of the game Mount and Blade.
I was not familiar with the title actually, but was surprised at the level of quality the game had and am looking forward to writing material for one of its mods.

Question: Have you composed for other games or mods before Hegemony 268 B.C.. If so, what other works might you be known for.
My last project I had with games and mods was with co-composing the soundtrack for Europa Barbarorum (which I might be know the best for).

Question: Have your previous works been composed exclusively solo, or have you worked with other composers on prior projects.
The main selection of works I have done were exclusively solo, though from time to time I have worked with other composers when the occasion arises.

Question: What themes of music might the players expect to hear in future releases of Hegemony 268 B.C., and what type of styles will you use to tackle those themes. Is it likely that you will style the music on the sounds of the era, or will you aim for more of a modern style, or perhaps go with a fusion of both elements.
My goal is to basically provide balanced version of both.  Players can expect a range of different themes and flavors from piece to piece, but will find the soundtrack will be suitable for all cultures/factions.

Question: Is composing music for games and mods something you do professionally or seek to do professionally, or is it something you rather do in your spare time.
Composing music for games and mods is something I seek to do professionally.  Seeing your pieces in a finished product is a very exciting and rewarding experience and would like to continue doing it in any capacity.

===========================================================
    Listen to Nick Wylie's first production piece for Hegemony here! 

http://www.nickwylie.com/LME/Rise_of_the_Successor.mp3
    Another piece by Nick, for battle scenes, "The Field of Honor" 

http://www.nickwylie.com/LME/The_Field_of_Honor.mp3

This thread will be left opened, in case you should have any questions for Nick. You can also contact him on the forums via PM, his username nickw.

To sample some of Nick's previously completed work for other projects, or to contact him by email, visit www.nickwylie.com
Or his current projects at his Myspace http://www.myspace.com/nickwylie

Oh man, this is great news! The Europa Barbarorum soundtrack is one of my favorite in any game, so atmospheric.

ealabor said:
Legions Extended fans,

It gives me great joy to announce that I have been in contact with known composer Nick Wylie, and he has agreed to work with Legions Extended.

1nick.jpg

Over the course of the next couple months, Nick will be composing custom music, which will be found exclusive to the Legions Extended mod. Nick and I had a brief exchange of emails in which we talked about such things as how he will be styling music for LME, and gathered a little bit about his background..

Question: Nick, It is an honor to have you working with Legions Extended to compose custom music for the mod. First let me start by asking when it is you first took interest in music, and what instruments have you become proficient with since first taking to music.
The first major interest I took in music happened when I started playing the violin in early grade school and then moved on to play double bass.  Since I don't have either of those instruments anymore, I've probably stayed the most proficient with drums.

Question: What interests do you pursue outside of music. Is it likely that Nick can be found hacking and slashing online opponents in a virtual MMO, or is Nick more of a subtle person, rather spending time reading a good book, or enjoying outdoor life.
I absolutely love to go on adventures all across the US and be out in nature.  Not to say that I don't love to play video games from time to time because I do have a pretty formidable Wii Tennis score.

Question: Prior to my mentioning, had you heard of the game Mount and Blade.
I was not familiar with the title actually, but was surprised at the level of quality the game had and am looking forward to writing material for one of its mods.

Question: Have you composed for other games or mods before Legions Extended. If so, what other works might you be known for.
My last project I had with games and mods was with co-composing the soundtrack for Europa Barbarorum (which I might be know the best for).

Question: Have your previous works been composed exclusively solo, or have you worked with other composers on prior projects.
The main selection of works I have done were exclusively solo, though from time to time I have worked with other composers when the occasion arises.

Question: What themes of music might the players expect to hear in future releases of Legions Extended, and what type of styles will you use to tackle those themes. Is it likely that you will style the music on the sounds of the era, or will you aim for more of a modern style, or perhaps go with a fusion of both elements.
My goal is to basically provide balanced version of both.  Players can expect a range of different themes and flavors from piece to piece, but will find the soundtrack will be suitable for all cultures/factions.

Question: Is composing music for games and mods something you do professionally or seek to do professionally, or is it something you rather do in your spare time.
Composing music for games and mods is something I seek to do professionally.  Seeing your pieces in a finished product is a very exciting and rewarding experience and would like to continue doing it in any capacity.

This thread will be left opened, in case you should have any questions for Nick. You can also contact him on the forums via PM, his username nickw.

To sample some of Nick's previously completed work for other projects, or to contact him by email, visit www.nickwylie.com

did you pay him? or is it volenteer work

great news! .)

But Charidemus, did you really have to quote the WHOLE BLOODY long post?  :evil:

anh... eh... well...l what?
Merlkir said:
great news! .)

But Charidemus, did you really have to quote the WHOLE BLOODY long post?  :evil:
and it is the first post and he was the 3th poster  :roll:

Listen to Nick Wylie's first production piece for LME, "Rise of the Successor" here! http://www.nickwylie.com/LME/Rise_of_the_Successor.mp3

Agreed, your EB stuff is much much better than the stuff that was provided by Activision with a big time sound studio. :wink: Hope to hear your stuff for LME soon!

I just gathered a look at that new track, and I am impressed. The ambiance is very fitting. I commend thee, for such a piece of music.

Ah, music to the soul. Very good piece, if this piece alone can inspire many, just wait 'till the whole track for LME comes out!

Back
Top Bottom