SP Fantasy Riots of Ravensia Minimod

Users who are viewing this thread

Elenmmare

Lite version uploaded. Download: https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=7&id=724

After 3 days of labour, I give thee....

The year is 126 AC, and the cities of Ravensia are once more in flames. Though it has been over a century since the conquest by King Malthor, unrest is still in the heart of the people. What started with protests in the sacred temples of the God of Wealth has erupted into a full-scale riot in the cities of the nation. Led by a charismatic leader known as the Bringer, the angered mobs of peasants and farmers have taken up fire, tools and picks against the newly established monarchy. As fire consumes the streets of the kingdom, will you crush the rebellions, or bring a new era to Ravensia?

DO NOT CHEAT- THIS RUINS THE GAME!

This mini-mod features 5 quick battles and lets you play the role of a revolting peasant or a watchman in the torn cities of Ravensia. Think riot police and angry mobs :smile:. The units are as such:

Watch:
Watch Recruit->Watchman-> Armored Watchman-> Watch Veteran-> Watch Captain

Rioters:
Ragged Peasant-> Angered Peasant-> Armed Rioter-> Crowd Stirrer

The quick battles are as such:

Riot on the Estate:
The countryside of Ravensia is sprinkled with the estates of rich noblemen and merchants. With the rebellion reaching a new high, the landowners of the estates have pulled every string that they know of, calling for the protection of the watch. With the sky darkening, will the hard steel of the watch be enough to drive back the horde of peasants?

Tips: You start out with your men divided- half are manning the burnt walls, and half are directly outside the estate. Telling your men to hold the line outside the estate will send your men into a full retreat, sacrificing the stragglers to enemy fire. Try to find a common ground in between your two units, or hold the estate itself.

Alpine Revolt: The snowy mining community of Valstag has long been a dreary place. Now, with revolts sparking all across the land, the miners have taken up their arms and aim to topple the tiny garrison stationed nearby.

Tips: You start in the central square of the village with the first wave of enemy elites converging on you. You should quickly organize your troops and fend off the enemy attack. Soon after, the second wave of peasants and rioters will strike you- be prepared to face overwhelming numbers.

The Burning of Halrdin: As the Bringer leads the mob towards the capital, the agricultural city of Haldrin is faced with hordes of rioters, howling for the blood of the nobles and watchmen.

Tips: This might lag at the start :smile:. Halrdin is a city of slums- home to the poor. Expect to find a lot of messy architecture. Your men start off in disaray, with your rear unit being attacked by enemy elites as they come through the gates. Quickly organize your men and fend off the enemies that are emerging from the slums of the city. "Soloing" is a bad idea in this map, as you are easily cornered and trapped in the housing districts.

Mobilizing the Army: “Decisive action results in a sure victory”. Such was the reasoning of Commander Oswald of the Ravensian Guard when he ordered for half of the King’s watchmen and guardsmen to be fielded against the “ravenous hordes”. Tired from the long march into the slums of the city, the watch must now crush the rabble.

Tips: You start off in between to steep mountains. Your objectives are simple- keep in formation and drive off the attackers.

Storming of Ralsvest: An army fights on its stomach. That being said, an army fights with weapons- a commodity that the Bringer’s forces lack. In a last pitch attempt, the rabble has been directed towards the armoury-fortress of Ralsvest. If the rebellion can gain hold of weapons to continue their front, there is no telling how far the unstoppable horde will go.

Tips: In this scenario, you play as a rioter. Remember all the tactics that the Watch can use against you, and try to counter them. It is recommended that you send your elite Crowd Stirrers first to gain a foothold in the enemy positions. The wall has been blown away, yet the watch has set up a makeshift barricade to slow your advance. They are holed up in the center of the fortress, using palisades as defences. At the start of the scenario, the watchmen at the barricade are in a full blown retreat- catch up with them or let them go and kill them later. Crush them!

To install this mod, download it, extract it with winrar/winzip, and place it in your M&B/Modules folder. Select it in the Launcher menu. Thank you for downloading and playing my mod, good luck.

Download link: https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=7&id=724

Thank you for downloading, comment here please.

And of course... screenshots:

Holding the estate

screen1.jpg

Hold the line men! Give the scum the taste of cold steel!

screen3.jpg

The aftermath of the slaughter

screen4.jpg

Flames burn the city of Halrdin, consuming all.

Screen5.jpg

More on the way...

Aye, its taking forever to upload for such a small file. Be patient- next five minutes probably.

...the frack? It finished uploading but the file ain't there. Heresy I say.

Ok I'm re-uploading it, should work this time.

Success! Get it here:
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=7&id=724

Be nice- I was so sick of modding/scene making that I didn't fully test it for balancing. Some are easier than others- c'est la vie.

Don't expect too much eh, it was more just an urge I had. Still, its more of a stress-relief tool by mindlessly hacking at peasants. Ironically, I need a stress-relief system after making it  :smile:

Damn cool idea.. will be sure to try.

I wonder if these little action heavy quickbattle mods will catch on?  You could be on to a good thing here.

Assuming that people play Mount & Blade (duh), I think there is a real market for well made quick skirmish campaigns. I'll call 'em Quskcamps for now.

I actually would like to make a mod similar to this idea myself.
Start alone, against one enemy. Then next battle would be two enemies, then 3 and so forth, until perhaps 20. All in different landscapes, hunted by assassins hired by your enemy. That kind of thing.

*Downloads.*

Nice dude, i'll check it out tomorrow on a pc that dosen't splutter at the thought of halflife one :wink:

BTW check module_scenes... in one of the screenshots you seem to have water in a dip and i'm guessing you don't want it there...

In module_scenes you should be able to change the water level on a by scene basis :wink:

Really? Thanks.

Yah, I tried to make the town look at bit sunken, but it didn't turn out that well.

Thanks for the reviews guys. I myself like the idea of "quskcamps" mods, because they're fast and fun.

When i try and play this mod i can create my character, but then the next screen says "You have come to the end of your travels" at the bottom of the screen i get two options, both are "quit"
Any ideals?

Thanks

The_Dark_Fire said:
This is a skirmish campaighn. The only mode is in quick battle.

Yes, i understand the concept, but i cant even get to the battle. I never see a map or NPC or anything just a red screen with two options to quit.

I thought I made it clear when I said minimod and
Elenmmare said:
This mini-mod features 5 quick battles...

Still, no need to be patronizing- i understand that the concept is a bit foreign.

We need to start campaigning to make Qushcamps better known.

Still haven't tested the mod, sorry. Haven't played M&B at all since I downloaded this, heh.

Is nice, although even the first battle overheated my computer.  :sad:

Maybe, though, you could further develop it into a full sized mod? I liked the setting already.

Back
Top Bottom