OSP Kit Combat Battlefield Tactics kit. Multiple formations per team+command revamp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Version 4 for Warband new development:

-- Auto adjust infantryman equipment depending on placement in formation
-- Update order interface to use Native texture (Warning: resource has been renamed from caba_order to order_frame!)
-- AI: use actual weapon lengths instead of proxies (thanks Rubik!)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8432316/formAIv4dev.zip

Motomataru, both of the minimods, formation and formAI.  If I install formation, can I install form AI too? Is the 2nd minimod the replacement of 1st one for the AI sides, or can they be used together?

dunde said:
Motomataru, both of the minimods, formation and formAI.  If I install formation, can I install form AI too? Is the 2nd minimod the replacement of 1st one for the AI sides, or can they be used together?
The second is an extension of the first. The first contains some tweaks to Native AI that are overriden by formAI.

I see. So if I install AIform, I can skip renaming battle_tactic_init_aux and battle_tactic_apply_aux and  commented out the ones that on formation_triggers tupple, can I not?

dunde said:
I see. So if I install AIform, I can skip renaming battle_tactic_init_aux and battle_tactic_apply_aux and  commented out the ones that on formation_triggers tupple, can I not?
That's correct, because for formAI you need to comment out the Native AI triggers anyway. I did not mention this in the instructions because I was trying to keep them uncomplicated!

Very interested in this job, I want to introduce it in its modification.
But I did not get. Did all the instructions, upload different versions used modmerger. All the time those issues or other errors.

Please tell me where and how much of the code in the files to insert?
I want to install formAI.

Here's an example error when compiling modmerger_0_2_5:
d72c1c20ebc4.jpg

af727d53a58e.jpg

f1195452d6f0.jpg

78e5abddf302.jpg

893e29fded72.jpg

Vankod said:
Very interested in this job, I want to introduce it in its modification.
But I did not get. Did all the instructions, upload different versions used modmerger. All the time those issues or other errors.

Please tell me where and how much of the code in the files to insert?
I want to install formAI.
For formAI, you have to install it all. From the error file, it looks like you may have elected not to install the formations portion of the mod, but formAI is built on top of formations.

In other words, the mods_active tuple in modmerger_options.py should look like this:
# List of active mod code names.
# This is also the default order during bulk processing
# The specific mod source files must be in the format "{modname}_????.py". 
# for example, the mod content corresponding to "items", for mod "fc" should be in the file "fc_items.py"

mods_active = [
# insert the active mod names here
"formations",  # motomataru's formations v3   
"formAI",      # motomataru's formations v3 AI extension.  Comment this line out if you don't want ai to use formations
]

Does this solve your problem?

I've got a question.
Is it possible to make aim and fire commands.
In Warband you can only "Fire at Will".
But I wanna have : "Aim!"  ,  "Fire!"

Thx Gentlemen

NoobAss™ said:
Is it possible to make aim and fire commands.
In Warband you can only "Fire at Will".
But I wanna have : "Aim!"  ,  "Fire!"
Unfortunately not. Right now it is not possible to script agent targets or ranged attacks. That's why you often see formations marching backwards -- I can place the troops but can't control whom they are targeting.
lolitablue said:
Where is the file to write this code?

I don't understand how to do this!
The last official release is here: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2207
The instructions are printed on the description screen.

Further developments for Warband are in this release: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8432316/formAIv4dev.zip
The instructions are in the Readme file in the archive.

Back
Top Bottom