Unofficial Troop Editor 1.9 for troops.txt file

Users who are viewing this thread

how do i know which citiy's which?
plus the numbers dont add up, all three kingdom reinforcements bit allowed in total 97 men, whereas in the game a city has near 700, or do i just cut the numbers down in the correct ratios?

and in the parties.txt window, all the cities go into the template '0 - none (pt-none)

tommylaw said:
how do i know which citiy's which?  plus the numbers dont add up, all three kingdom reinforcements bit allowed in total 97 men, whereas in the game a city has near 700, or do i just cut the numbers down in the correct ratios?  and in the parties.txt window, all the cities go into the template '0 - none (pt-none)

I think Ruthven thought you were asking about changing the actual troops that were in a garrison, not the actual maximum size itself.  I believe Armies are created by randomly choosing from members in each kingdom_reinforcements party, then giving them some random experience to upgrade them, etc.  I also believe the maximum size for the army is some type of mathematical formula depending on the knights level, skills, etc.  My guess is the garrison works the same way with choosing random troops, upgrading them, and then the maximum size is some type of formula.  I did a quick search through the code but unfortunately was not able to find where this specifically is controlled.

I was able to change the inventory of troops in .960 and see the changes instantly.
However, when I change a certain troop's inventory in 1.003...nothing happens.

If I'm removing a troop's armor and weapons and giving him a completely different set of items, why is he still showing his original items (and not the new items) in game?  Where the heck is he getting his original items from?

Starting a new game fixes this of course but I've done too much in game to do that right now.

Scaevolus said:
I was able to change the inventory of troops in .960 and see the changes instantly.
However, when I change a certain troop's inventory in 1.003...nothing happens.

If I'm removing a troop's armor and weapons and giving him a completely different set of items, why is he still showing his original items (and not the new items) in game?  Where the heck is he getting his original items from?

Starting a new game fixes this of course but I've done too much in game to do that right now.

The basic concept is some data is saved in the saved game file (I know individual troop stats are) and some data is always read from the text files.  unfortunately only the M&B developers could probably tell is if this switched between versions and what data is always read from the text files, etc....

HokieBT said:
The basic concept is some data is saved in the saved game file (I know individual troop stats are) and some data is always read from the text files.  unfortunately only the M&B developers could probably tell is if this switched between versions and what data is always read from the text files, etc....

I figured as much regarding that data being stored in the saved game file.
Thanks for the input.

Spawn Of Achilles said:
It works just fine on 1.003. I have used in many-a-time to *adjust* my Vaegir followers.  :twisted:

Thanks, maybe I'll start on the newest version of Dusselmod.

Thanks, I am starting on the new version of Dusselmod.

Spawn Of Achilles said:
It works just fine on 1.003. I have used in many-a-time to *adjust* my Vaegir followers.  :twisted:

I was just using it and it might work on stats but it doesn't work when changing items of troops, I tried to turn a caravan guard into a landsknecht with no effect.

Count Dusseldorf said:
Spawn Of Achilles said:

I was just using it and it might work on stats but it doesn't work when changing items of troops, I tried to turn a caravan guard into a landsknecht with no effect.

It does work, I use it all the time.

Make sure you click "update" and then "save".

I did all of that I'm not sure why it didn't work, ive used this progam many times before, I may have made a mistake but I don't think so although I'll give it anouther try.

I think this speaks for it self:

This is after I finished 7 new troops that took me a while to complete (they all just dissappeared), it's quite frustrating. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks.

I think the 2nd line in the troops.txt file contains how many total troops there are and I added a check to verify that number was correct in-case people cut-n-pasted troops. However, if you did that I would expect the summary row to be lower then the number of troops, not higher.... I believe people have successfully cut-n-pasted new troops at the bottom of the file, but if you do it in the middle it will mess up the game.  Although I'm not sure if anybody has tried this on 1.x before?  What did you do to add more troops, did you cut-n-paste new troops at the bottom?  I'm about to go to sleep but will take a look in the morning....

I didn't add anything new, I just edited existing mercenaries but I did change the names of the existing mercenaries.

Thanks for the help by the way.

Count Dusseldorf said:
I didn't add anything new, I just edited existing mercenaries but I did change the names of the existing mercenaries.

Thanks for the help by the way.

I have done both.

When making new troops I copy (from the troops text file) the trooper I want and paste his stuff at the bottom. I then open the editor and the editor will say what you posted above, but when I click OK it adds the new troop number to my new troop. I then edit my trooper and click "update" and then "save". Works for me every time.

My exact steps for a new troop are:

1) Open the troops.txt file with notepad.
2) Select the blank spot above the troop I want to copy and copy everything to the blank spot below the troop.
3) Paste the copy at the bottom of the page as many times as I want.
4) Save the file and open the troop editor.
5) Troop editor gives the message above and renumbers my new trooper.
6) I edit my new troop and make sure I link the upgrade tree so I can test him in game.
7) Press update (after each change) and then I select save before moving onto another troop to edit.

I have never had a problem with this and I use 1.003

I also have changed every troops name in all factions, changed all equipment and stats. No problems at all.

I hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom