Missing banner

Users who are viewing this thread

Irish86

Recruit
Hello!
I'm not sure what happened, or if it is the right place to ask this,
but I'm playing Brytenwalda Repolished and I've noticed something that I believe is wrong.

I'm no expert so I'm here asking for your help :smile:
The Dumnoia faction asked me to become one of his vassals and I accepted; they granted me a fief
in the form of a small village but no banner.

Is it intended? I thought that by becoming a vassal I would also became a lord, hence I expected to chose a banner for myself.

That said, it springs to my mind another question:
I've probably accumulated renown by performing at various town squares, it seems I'm an appreciated bard!
Unfortunately that doesn't also make me strong fighter or a cunning leader :razz:
We are actually at peace so I can use this time to... stabilize my financial situation (and possibly even getting some nice equipment);
I started investing some money on my fief but the game told me their situation went from Poor to Very Poor.
Apparently, injecting money was a bad idea :grin:

Can you please tell me what to do to increase my fief situation?

Thanks a lot!

You would need to check the source code for Brytenwalda Repolished to see what is going on with the banner.  I have never seen that kind of thing happen in Brytenwalda 1.41 or with the TML mod for Brytenwalda 1.41.

As for the investing in your fief, various events can cause a loss of prosperity.  For example, bandit raids can take some of the village's cattle and the player is not notified of these bandit raids.  You can check the game log to see if there are any messages pertaining to the prosperity loss.

I'm not in the position to "check the source code" and understand what's written on it :razz:
Thanks for your help anyway!
I can live without a banner, I hope I'm still considered a lord.

BW Repolished has no know source code to access.
You can try to fiddle with BW 1.41but we don't even know which version.
Copying and pasting text files to fix bugs is something I won't do anymore.
I can only help from the vantage point of BW reworked.

Back
Top Bottom