My lands and my rights

Users who are viewing this thread

keeperofswords83

Regarding Brytenwalda 1.41:

I have two questions

1) Can i keep my lands when i leave my lord to create a new kingdom (i am with crafu and i have cities, castles and villages)?

2) How do i increase my right to rule apart from sending companions to spread the word around?

i thank you in anticipation for you advice and help

I am not 100% sure, but I think you lose your fiefs.
If you persuade a lord with a castle/town to join your kingdom, you will sometimes get his fiefs added to yours.

Increase right to rule?
There is a specific script I adjusted in BW Reworked that gave companion envoys a great chance of success with high persuasion.
Others: Settle a dispute between warring factions. This may no longer be accessible. It gives more RTR in BW Reworked than 141.
Get married.
Join a pretender.
Persuade a noble Lord to switch to your kingdom.
Maybe one more I forgot.
Check out TweakDB for the full list.

For BW Reworked there are multiple ways to boost companion persuasion to increase the success of RTR missions.
There are noble armors of all kinds that give 1-2 persuasion.
There are several helms and crowns.
Plus, levelling up charisma for persuasion is easier without agility.

My usual tactic is to have a core group of compatible companions and adopt the outsider companions just to level up there charisma then send them off when your core group member gets to upset. You can see the ongoing morale of each companion in the dialog screen. When it gets to low, it would be best to send off the outsider companion.

Regarding Brytenwalda 1.41.

My right to rule is currently at 99, can i increase it more? i want to start my own kingdom that's why

Also is being a bard useful?

Once i read a book can i remove it from my inventory?

thanks for your help and advice

I think RTR might max out around 100.
I don't have source file access right now so I can't answer it now.
You should sell books after you read them unless they are ereference books.
Reference books should say +1 to skill while in inventory.

thanks, i will delete the other thread, i thought this wouldn't be read, but thanks :smile:

i apologize but i couldn't delete the other thread, sorry

I'm currently running a playthrough with a principally  intellectual character.  Beyond the usual Diplomacy/Native  approach of getting followers to proseletise for you and getting faction leaders to address you with ruler type honorifics in correspondence, you can increase RtoR by giving speeches in towns - under the "See the sights" menu option.

You need a combination of entertainment and persuasion to be successful - these stats can be boosted directly by owning and wearing a harp (+1 Ent) and noble tunic (+1 Pers) - though (caveat warning) I'm not sure what the exact requirements are to get consistent results.

The harp shows up randomly in weapon stalls and, as far as I've seen, noble gear starts showing up only once you are going head to head with cavalry. So early game you only get success giving musical performances meaning your bardic standings will go up.

Thanks for the reminder.
In BW 1.41 noble tunits are worn by cadwrs and a few noble cav which is really stupid.
In BW Reworked, you can't get them in battle.
You can find them in a few "stalls".
But there are 8 special merchants who specialize in noble armors.
These armors give +2 persuasion.

Plus, if you win the Icagoras/Arrian quest, you will have the special relic which grants another 2 persuasion (1 in BW 1.41).
The Arrian quest is much better and harder in the Reworked submod. You really need a small army to get it.

gdwitt said:
Thanks for the reminder.
In BW 1.41 noble tunits are worn by cadwrs and a few noble cav which is really stupid.
In BW Reworked, you can't get them in battle.
You can find them in a few "stalls".
But there are 8 special merchants who specialize in noble armors.
These armors give +2 persuasion.

Plus, if you win the Icagoras/Arrian quest, you will have the special relic which grants another 2 persuasion (1 in BW 1.41).
The Arrian quest is much better and harder in the Reworked submod. You really need a small army to get it.

I'll put up a caveat - I'm the kind of person that likes figuring things out, and with a mod as established as Brytenwalda I know there are articles, listicles  how-tos and letsplays , in vast numbers. But I won't go looking for stuff unless I'm really stuck. That said I've only completed the
Arthurian relics quest
:smile:

Having a few levels in looting spread across the party then will help the battle drops - I'd started out with a higher level character warrior type that gets heaps of noble tunics, but then he's squaring off against faction armies and warbands which have lots of heavies. Being around level 30+ it's taking ages to get enough levels in INT to actually raise Persuasion enough to get consistent returns of RtoR through speeches - I'll check out his reknown as I haven't tried getting "epic" armour for a while.

Anyway the slowness of trying to level INT is why I set out to try and raise EtoR purely by spechifying with as high INT as possible from the start. I've got to say The Devs Think of Everything (tm) - with high INT, CHA and low STR, AG you need to change your gameplay radically  because it's much harder to get kills (before your companions, warband step in and kill steal) :smile:. Once I've figured out a few angles I'm looking to start a semi-blog along the lines of https://livinginoblivion.wordpress.com/category/nondricks-non-adventure/.

It helps to know a little scripting even if you aren't a programmer.
In BW Repolished and BW 1.41, RTR from speeches is based entirely on entertainment skill.
In BW Reworked, I made it dependent on persuasion. However, your chances of success are 15% less.
Of course, high persuasion will easily counter this.

So if you're playing the old mods, persuasion is really not that useful a skill while entertain is more useful.
I haven't figured out any new uses for entertain skill in the new submod.

Here's some of the code for speeches:
Code:
(eq, ":income_type", income_right_to_rule),

(val_div, reg12, 30),
      (try_begin),
        (neq, reg12, 0),

(party_get_slot, ":influence", "$current_town", slot_town_prosperity),

(store_random_in_range, ":roll", 0, 580),    #gdw 500 expectation that player can gain 100 RtR after doing this half the game

(try_begin),
          (gt, ":roll", ":influence"),
          (assign, reg12, 0),
        (else_try),
          (gt, reg12, 0),
          (assign, reg12, 1),
        (else_try),
          (assign, reg12, -1),
        (try_end),

(try_end),

(val_add, "$player_right_to_rule", reg12),
      (assign, reg13, "$player_right_to_rule"),
      (try_begin),
        (gt, reg12, 0),

(display_message, "@You gained {reg12} right to rule, and you have {reg13} now.", 0x33ff33),

(else_try),
        (lt, reg12, 0),
        (val_mul, reg12, -1),

(display_message, "@You lost {reg12} right to rule, and you have {reg13} now.", 0xff3333),
     (else_try),
        (display_message, "@Your claims to rule fall on deaf ears.", 0xff3333),
      (try_end),
    (else_try),

In sum, you need 2 entertainment to give a speech
High renown to get a better chance of being heard.
Persuasion will increase your chances by about 5% a point
Then you will have a better chance at success if the town has low prosperity.

It's an add formula but has some logic to it.

ahh that clears  up what's needed.

But it does make me wonder one thing though - increasing Entertain will give you more options for performing music (much in the way Tactics gives you more Commander options), but not for giving speeches.

Yes, you can develop a high bardic reputation and earn more money (and waste more time).
It's a skill that they didn't integrate to well with the core game besides the morale boost effect.
I'm not sure it's worth focusing my time further on it.
Speeches and RTR should be the focus.

I've started to get consistent results touring towns to get RtoR.
I started out with as high INT as I could, but without renown you will not get RtoR. In other words the bardic aspect is useful early game to get renown faster as slanting the character to intellectual rather than warrior means it's harder to get renown in large quantities through battles:

- you are much more at risk to getting injured with lower HP
- can’t make up for missing HP with heavier armour
- inflict less damage as the weapons you can wield in your weak symposium-trained arms, can’t rely on brute force to get their killing power .

As I said before it’s clear the Devs have looked at someone opting for this kind of play style - there are pleanty of weapon and gear choices you can make without feeling you’re missing out on not being a tank. I actually found this style refreshing due to it forcing me to look hard at situations I took for granted as a warrior type and to be more inventive to get XP for levelling.

You're right that renown is very important for speeches in all versions.
Right now entertainment skill not intelligence determines the majority of success from your own efforts.
I changed this in RW to make persuasion skill the more important factor.
In the final dice roll, it's the wealth of the town that determines whether they pay attention to you.

Do you think this is realistic?
It's not that hard to change the formula weightings as they exist.

Actually, good chain mail is far more important than hitpoints for surviving battles as it currently stands in all version.
Unless you lack a helm, you can pretty much ride or walkabout as along asyou don't get surrounded.

Back
Top Bottom