Starting Brytenwalda, Best mod options/submod/experience?

Users who are viewing this thread

Breyean

Sergeant
Finally getting around to starting a game of Brytenwalda and I was wondering what the best mod options and sub mods are? I have 1.41 and was going to add on Brytenwalda repolished 1.05. Also, I was going to play with all of the difficulty and mod options, but I've seen a lot of complaints about the 2x experience and never being able to level up troops, even after 100s of days.

Any opinions or suggestions?

Why don't you try the latest mod that has solved the problems you mentioned?
1.41 = 2012-13
Repolished = visual enhancements from Dec 2014.
Reworked = 6 months of continuous improvement in 2015 that includes all the features of the above 2 and occasional online support.
http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5994/?
Once in a while something breaks while I upgrade things, but I stick it out until the bug is fixed.

If you find a submod that you want to add in, I will be happy to add it, compile it to text and give you credit for it.
I have limited time now so I ask that script/mission template add-ons have source code available.

I learned that it's best for me to have an active developer community with code access around for the games I play.
It's no fun to run into a game-ending bug.
The VC group is great and can be a backup here.

Breyean said:
Finally getting around to starting a game of Brytenwalda and I was wondering what the best mod options and sub mods are? I have 1.41 and was going to add on Brytenwalda repolished 1.05. Also, I was going to play with all of the difficulty and mod options, but I've seen a lot of complaints about the 2x experience and never being able to level up troops, even after 100s of days.

Any opinions or suggestions?

play repolished 1.05 with @kraggrim patch for a stable game. Or play @gdwitt experimental version, there are new bugs and new fixes, so you should consider it a early alpha version with the advantage that there is still active development

or play VC (the DLC) as it is a greatly improved game by the same team that created BW
https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/VikingConquest

Back
Top Bottom