How do you Siege Castles?

Users who are viewing this thread

SotiCoto

Recruit
This isn't the only module I've had trouble doing this in... but what consistently makes the difference between my sticking with a module and abandoning it generally seems to be whether when I click on an enemy castle, the option to attack the castle is there or not.

In this module, it kinda... isn't.

So what gives?

The option isn't there at the start. Sure.
But I'd have figured once I make the owners of the castle hate my guts by attacking them repeatedly in the field... that it would allow me to attack their castles in a similar manner.
No such luck though.
The only options are to ask for an audience or try to sneak in...

What gives?
How can I attack the castle?

You need to be at war with a faction. If you are a vassal or even mercenary, you can't unless you can persuade the king to go to war.
I have seen the option to do that while a free party I believe.
If you enter cheat mode via Camp/take an action/toggle cheat menu on.
you can besiege a castle without the ordeal of getting your liege to declare war on the faction.

gdwitt said:
You need to be at war with a faction. If you are a vassal or even mercenary, you can't unless you can persuade the king to go to war.
I have seen the option to do that while a free party I believe.
If you enter cheat mode via Camp/take an action/toggle cheat menu on.
you can besiege a castle without the ordeal of getting your liege to declare war on the faction.
Well thanks...
But given that you'd need land in order to become a king, and you can't get land unless you can take it from someone else...  AND you can't take it from someone else unless you're already a king or are VERY good at manipulating other kings.... well....

... It seems like a bit of a vicious circle. Seems a bit totally needless too. A roaming band of violent nutters should be able to besiege castles without already being the kingdom they're besieging the castle to try and become...

So I guess Cheating is the only option.
And when cheating is the only option, something is clearly wrong.

I think he's right.
I recall it popping up quite frequently.
My usually strategy is to become a vassal or or a merc of a kingdom with a fair king that isn't grabbing all teh spots.
I then raid something of the kingdom of my target.
I then take my intended castle.
The liege says something negative, but usually grants the castle.

Otherwise, I'm trying to improve the lair script which gives you your own virtual castle for 20K.

Back
Top Bottom