Battle of Aescesdun loop (serious game breaker)

Users who are viewing this thread

Reiksmarshal

Sergeant Knight at Arms
I just reached the battle of Aescesdun and I won the battle, but I'm stuck in this un-exitable loop that makes me keep fighting the battle over and over. I can't progress the storymode without surrendering so this seem pretty game breaking. I have been able to re-create this bug every time even with loading an earlier save. I will provide 2 saves one that is caught in the loop and another right before the battle. I am using beta 2.005 currently.

loop screenshot
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/433823127626826723/88745D2A86BB0F18AB551B49AF3002BD7B6E59F1/

Save 1 - caught in the loop
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g3npj7oesn9samn/sg00.sav?dl=0

Save 2 - Before the battle
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sgsl60jk1cg7t8f/sg08.sav?dl=0

I'm stuck on this now as well, do you mean I have to keep repeating the battle and slaughtering his dozen men until an hour in-game passes? T_T

The way I passed it is I quartered about 100 of my best men away from the battle and fought the battle and won. After the battle was over and I got the dialogue with Alfred I surrendered to progress the quest. You will loss all of your troops so that is why you quarter some of them so you can get them before you go fight Sven.

I just got this bug too.  It is hilarious.

After I repeated the battle two more times, cutting down the same assortment of saxons each time, a merry band of ten masterless men appeared and joined the danish in the third and final assault.  After that battle was complete, the masterless men took all of the remaining saxons as prisoners (Yes... over three hundred prisoners) and proceeded to run away from me.

Not one to... Heh... avoid a challenge, I chased down and slaughtered the horribly equipped merry band of masterless men with nought but my long battle axe and a tastefully painted tattoo, and I got an entire army as payment.  Now I march with three hundred and fifteen men to... Whatever comes next.

Cheers!  :roll:

I may of found a temporary solution. I spammed 'Esc' right after I got onto the map, then I saved and quit. When I loaded the game it started paused which gave me just enough time to run away from the Summer Army until it despawned.

CeltiberoCaesar said:
This bug is fixed in the next version. Wait for it :mrgreen:
When can we expect for this to be? I just experienced this bug today and I would rather wait for the update/patch than have to fight the army over a period of an in-game week when I have one of my holdings besieged that I have to lift and two injuries that need tending to before they become permanent.

In any case, this isn't meant as a nudge or passive-aggressive push; I'm a patient fellow :grin:

I was just wondering when I could get back to having my revenge on Sven.

Samgee Gamwise said:
over a period of an in-game week

1 hour, not 1 week

players have posted some alternative ways to beat this, just read the comments above and choose one  :smile:

if you play on Steam keep a eye for the beta patchs

i'm not samgee, but what do you mean by 1 hour? i fought this battle now 10 times and a whole day/night cycle passed on the battlefield.

i don't want to surrender, because it's stupid and i don't want to loose my well trained 100 heimthegi and 100 huscarls/nobles army.

I also tried to save the game and reload it, but it does not pause upon reentering.

So no. there's no real alternative.

Luddevyg said:
i'm not samgee, but what do you mean by 1 hour? i fought this battle now 10 times and a whole day/night cycle passed on the battlefield.

i don't want to surrender, because it's stupid and i don't want to loose my well trained 100 heimthegi and 100 huscarls/nobles army.

I also tried to save the game and reload it, but it does not pause upon reentering.

So no. there's no real alternative.
Same, whole day cycles would pass (it was ridiculous; I fought at least one entire day, sometimes just 4 against over 1000). The difference between you and I being that I brought 200 soldiers into the battle and had gotten two injuries during the fighting and had to make it to a besieged holding in time.

None of the suggestions worked for me either and I eventually managed to escape by spam left-clicking the mouse anywhere on the campaign map as soon as I came out of the scene (I think that's what happened; although I had tried before and it hadn't worked) Unfortunately, I made it to my holding too late. :sad:

One last thing, it says this in VC: Reforged Edition features page,
And more: waves, storms, the option to create your own Viking expedition or hire a ship for travel.

The option to create your own Viking expedition? Is that just an epic way of saying crossing the sea with your own boat? Or is there a feauture that I looked over?

With "create your own Viking expedition" we meant the whole process:
Build and buy a fleet with ships of different type and different types of wood. Customize this ships with different paintings and sails (even a self painted if you want). Build up a army for a sea expedition while you also take into consideration to choose good sea man. Train your sea skills and maintain your ships before you start. Face sea battles (which enables to capture more ships), a mutiny, doldrums or storms (which maybe damages the fleet). Then you maybe want to attack a port town with your fleet in a fast coastal attack (avoiding any siege time) just to plunder it and leave. In the other hand you can also land somewhere and build a Refuge with port to establish a Bridgehead. Or do whatever you want with your expedition. Next time you are maybe marshal and the whole kingdom army will join your sea expedition ...

i have a new bug
for this particular part of the campaign

i get the cattle make it past then when i am ready to fight the battle - their army moves to me, but its not the army its the whole little fortified location the people make , and it just follows me around the map. and when i fight none of my allies are with me its just my 250 men vs 1250
making it impossible for me to ever win
if i fight it out i eventually die and loose
so at this point i cant currently finish the campaign due to this, also i end up fighting my own team the people i was working for

please help me <3

jayspoks said:
i have a new bug
for this particular part of the campaign

i get the cattle make it past then when i am ready to fight the battle - their army moves to me, but its not the army its the whole little fortified location the people make , and it just follows me around the map. and when i fight none of my allies are with me its just my 250 men vs 1250
making it impossible for me to ever win
if i fight it out i eventually die and loose
so at this point i cant currently finish the campaign due to this, also i end up fighting my own team the people i was working for

please help me <3

You are playing a old version. Update your VC to 2.023, then load your savegame previus cattle quest.

Back
Top Bottom