[VC] Downleveled Troops

Users who are viewing this thread

Gonfalone

Recruit
Hello guys,first of all i love this expansion,played Brytenwalda a lot and having just found out Viking Conquest was made by the same team i just had to get it!
But as much as i like both Brytenwalda and Viking Conquest for me there is something that ruins it for me,the high level of every troops.Many do like this feature but personally i don't like having to get to mid-game just to evolve my fodder into slightly better fodder :lol:.
As such i just had to find a solution to this problem:the obvious answer is to just activate the option in the camp,but that does not satisty me,so i just searched a bit for a possible solution and found this:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,117997.0.html

This awesome tool lets you modify the level of the troops (and much more but thats what i used it for) and so in 30 minutes or so BAM,no more high leveled peasants!

To do so i divided the varoious levels of the troops into 5 tiers,namely:

Tier 1: 1-17
Tier 2: 18-22
Tier 3: 23-25
Tier 4: 26-28
Tier 5: 29-30

and changed them into:

Tier 1: 5
Tier 2: 12
Tier 3: 18
Tier 4: 24
Tier 5: 26

And i have to say that this way i enjoy the game much much more.

This change has other effects,like giving you less experience per kill and slightly lowering troop wages(i think),but most importantly it makes the trainer skill useful before level 13! and sharply diminishes the time you need to level the first 3 tiers of troops.
To reach tier 4 you still need considerable time and effort but it permits to have a solid amount of troops late and mid-game without resorting to the trainer in the forts too much.
Tier 5 is still very hard to reach,meaning you're still gonna have to sweat blood to have those troops ahahaha(or cheat :fruity:)
I have tested these levels in Brytenwalda a lot and since levels are mostly the same in VC i can say that the game runs smooth and most of all is not a grindfest at the start.
I have not changed the levels of many things(like lords) but every troop you can recruit should have been altered properly.
This is a very simple modification to do,and if you want to customize it to your liking just go on the troops editor thread and learn how to use it.

I put the troops.txt into this rar together with another folder with the original troops.txt;just drop the Viking Conquest folder into the Modules folder(you can find modules into your game folder) and thats it.
I advise either backing up your troops.txt or saving the default troops.txt i included into the rar so if you don't find the modifications to your liking you can just restore it back.

https://mega.co.nz/#!pJF3GBZB!k77FP_SoRCYb4eZnerCw0jY1iPYJqguhLwKiXFdh6rA

Ah,any of this will not work on previous savegame,you need to start a new game for the changes to take effect.

This seems interesting as I get quite annoyed by the crazy grind to level up my NPCS, myself and my soldiers. Unfortunatedly since it doesn't work with old savegame I'd have to start grinding even more to get it to work. But good job anyhow!

How do I download this file? This chrome link don't work for me. This is exactly what I have been looking for because I hate how slow it is to level peasants only to see them die and have all that time wasted. Makes the game really grindy and boring.

Back
Top Bottom