How do i get a Adventuring companion back in my party?

Users who are viewing this thread

Urban_Viking

Sergeant
I had a full set of 10 companions who were all compatible but then i sent some off on right to rule missions, and others got pissed off and left and now one of them is an adventurer with 100 men and i dunno how to get them back.

Urban_Viking said:
I had a full set of 10 companions who were all compatible but then i sent some off on right to rule missions, and others got pissed off and left and now one of them is an adventurer with 100 men and i dunno how to get them back.

can't

If a companion leaves you he has a small chance of becoming a adventurer.

If that happens he won't return as a companion, but you can recruit him later as a vassal for your kingdom as any other lord (once that companion becomes a lord himself)

Keep your companions happy, with good morale and relations. And you should plan to have 6-7, not 10-15

JuJu70 said:
Urban_Viking said:

can't
"small chance of becoming a adventurer"
They all become adventurers from my experience.
Can't i use cheats or something? to get her back. I didn't mean for this to happen.

Urban_Viking said:
Can't i use cheats or something? to get her back. I didn't mean for this to happen.

small chance is a small chance  :razz:. Check the tweaks thread for a hack, it is not possible on normal game. Keep in mind that the current hack is not complete and it may cause issues with your companions.

kalarhan said:
Urban_Viking said:

small chance is a small chance  :razz:. Check the tweaks thread for a hack, it is not possible on normal game. Keep in mind that the current hack is not complete and it may cause issues with your companions.
I also doubt that Brunhild the woman who left my party while saying the warriors life isn't for her and is also a woman who lords would mock and a abused woman at that. Would rise out of nowhere and get 100 men in ireland...

Not designed for getting adventuring or lord companions back into your party...
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Actually thought of a simpler way.  Go find her party and defeat her but DON'T capture her. Once her party is gone immediately make a save (back it up).  Start a new sandbox game and make another save.  Open both these in the save editor and change her troop's slots on your actual save to be the same as in the new-game save. Note which town number she's at and compare it to the party records bit in the save to see what town she'll be in. Go recruit her as if you'd never met her. Skills, equipment etc should stay as they were when she was an adventuring lord.

This is theoretical but I think it should work. You might get her complaints about other members again or some weirdness. Also let me know if it works and I'll add it to the thread.

Urban_Viking said:
Not designed for getting adventuring or lord companions back into your party...

if you keep them happy and pay attention to conflicts and personalities you won't lose any companion. So it is up to how you treat them over time.

There are 15 companions in the game. If you lose one, you can try again with a new one from the list  :smile:

kraggrim said:
Actually thought of a simpler way.  Go find her party and defeat her but DON'T capture her. Once her party is gone immediately make a save (back it up).  Start a new sandbox game and make another save.  Open both these in the save editor and change her troop's slots on your actual save to be the same as in the new-game save. Note which town number she's at and compare it to the party records bit in the save to see what town she'll be in. Go recruit her as if you'd never met her. Skills, equipment etc should stay as they were when she was an adventuring lord.

This is theoretical but I think it should work. You might get her complaints about other members again or some weirdness.

you can break some features by doing this in the wrong way, so keep in mind that you may corrupt your savegame (there are more changes around a adventurer companion than you may notice with a quick save edit)

kalarhan said:
you can break some features by doing this in the wrong way, so keep in mind that you may corrupt your savegame (there are more changes around a adventurer companion than you may notice with a quick save edit)

That's why I said make a backup, now we shall don our wax wings and fly :smile:!

kalarhan's right though, it could very well have unknown ramifications. You'll probably want to let the game run for a couple in-game weeks after applying this to see if any crashes or massive walls of red text appear.

Sir Mordred said:
I've seen Morgant go off adventuring on day 5 after I talked to him in the mead hall and decided not to employ him

if you turn down a companion twice it has a small chance for a short period of time of becoming a adventurer

every companion that i didn't employ became an adventurer in no more then 5 days and on top of this any companion i asked to leave became one in the same amount of time, i don't think it is a small chance it's more of a definite

One of my companions left never to be seen again, not even an adventurer just gone.

Might have to tweak the save game and set it to not hired and see if he spawns in a pub again.

Every time I sent Brunhild off to do right to rule for me, after roughly 2 weeks in game I would start being spammed by SCRIPT_ERROR messages every 5 seconds.

Prior to knowing this it was driving me nuts.

Eschaton said:
Every time I sent Brunhild off to do right to rule for me, after roughly 2 weeks in game I would start being spammed by SCRIPT_ERROR messages every 5 seconds.

Prior to knowing this it was driving me nuts.

you will need to restart your game without a bugged modded version, otherwise devs can't help you as you probably caused any bug you see now

camungus said:
every companion that i didn't employ became an adventurer in no more then 5 days and on top of this any companion i asked to leave became one in the same amount of time, i don't think it is a small chance it's more of a definite

same here. 100% of them became adventurers.
This also renders the mead hall travellers 'where is my companions' option useless, because all of them are gone now.

To be honest this is a major problem. Companions are meant to be companions and to provide some RPG fun giving them equipment and skills. There are so many lords on the map, it's pointless to have more and it's very frustrating that they are impossible to come back.

Moreover, these companions don't fight well on their own, I have the message 'Egil is defeated and managed to escape' in bright font every couple of days and that in itself is very annoying.

Back
Top Bottom