Additional changes between 2.54 and 2.55

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi,
I would first like to say that I am VERY pleased by this mod.

My questions are as follows:
1. Are there any more changes from 2.54 to 2.55 than the ones listed at the wiki: http://floris.wikia.com/wiki/Version_Log
Because I have found two things that are different as well:
- Tundra bandits no longer have horses, as posted in this thread as well: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,323169.0.html
- Nord Bows and War bows have reduced speed rating.
1.1. Are the above changes intentional or considered bugs?

I know these aren't critical bugs, but I bring it up to know what the intentional way of playing from the devs perspective is. I want to play it like it is meant to be played!

Yeah some of the bow settings seem to be different in 2.55. I'm not sure why. My best guess though is that they were tweaked by Windyplains, who I believe was the last guy that uploaded 2.55 as a quick fix. The tweaks were probably for personal use and were forgotten about, and when the need for the 2.55 hotfix came about the tweaked version was what was uploaded. It was a fairly rush job, as noticeable by even forgetting to rename the folder lol.

That said, I think they're just oversights.

Is it just me or did the 2.55 made bows even more inaccurate than before?
Is there any way to get the accuracy back or even back to native?

The accuracy changes were introduced in 2.54 and were made for my own balance reasons. Apparently it was seen as good enough to put into the main mod lol. However, I don't know what other changes there were between 2.54 and 2.55 that affected the archery. I do know they were slightly different and I reapplied my old tweaks into 2.55.

The logic behind it is that even with only Power Draw 5 you can one-shot almost everything even with a weak bow. I'm able to kill most troops up to about tier 5 on body shots with Power Draw 5 with a bow that does like 30c. So if for whatever reason you want to equip a really heavy bow, likely if you're about to face a party of Black Khergits or maybe a king's party with lots of high tier troops, it should be a bit harder to pull and control. You can still kill with it at long range.

It gives the players a reason to choose the lighter bows that are faster and easier to aim with (you can hit aim for headshots with it and still kill that tier 7 troop) versus using a really heavy bow that will at least have a better chance of killing on bodyshots even against armored enemies. It also gives the players a reason to invest in more points in Power Draw. I felt it was an exploit. Why does Power Draw 10 even exist when we don't need it even against the highest tier troops?

No bow is below 85 accuracy (most bows are 90 and up). At 85 accuracy you can still fairly reliably hit a torso-sized target at 25m or about 60 feet away. In fact at that distance I just can't miss. 95 accuracy is almost unnoticeable. If I'm not mistaken, the bow I'm using in the demo video for it when I was still working on the tweaks is a 90 accuracy bow. You can see that many of my misses were actually human error.

The reversion of archery changes from 2.54 were not intended.  They were apparently a side-effect of Monnikje (who packaged 2.54's final release) and I having two different copies of the code.  To my knowledge the copy I used (which was what we had in our team space) was the most up to date, but that wasn't the case.  This is also why 2.55's update was save breaking and shouldn't have been.

Back
Top Bottom