Player Knighthood Order, Can you change the gender of your Knights?

Users who are viewing this thread

I've Created a Knighthood order and I've been equipping them for the past year, I just put doom-guard leather on my sergeants but now they look really weird, Having beards and a female body armor mesh. Is there any way to change their gender or am i just going to have to keep an army of bearded manly sounding lady-men?

You're in luck, I had this exact problem with the Fierdsvain-sourced CKO. I believe I was able to fix it by renaming the order.

And why the hell did you assume it was an awesome idea to put a strictly female armour on male troopers?
You like your ladies bearded or what?

I dunno if it works for sergeants as well, you may need to look this up in the guide, but if Fierdsvains honor troops are female and you like it, you can switch over your factions culture to Fierdsvain - IF you´re sovereign monarch.

If not, simply eqiup them with something different.

And yes, WB can not restrict armour based upon gender. Please use brain 1.0 next time. IF it looks like it was intended for a female trooper because it has a waist and boobs it MAY NOT fit with manly beards.

It´s not the bug he´s encountering, he did something mindless and asked a stupid question.

He attached a female armour on a male trooper. Means the body mesh of said trooper switches over to female, as it displays the female armour.
You can do the same with the PC display dummy and adore his newly attained beardy beauty.

I mean it should be pretty clear which armours are females only (the tits should be a  definite hint) whereas it´s really tricky to spot for some helmets (like the Adventuress Heume, which is too small for male heads so male noses and ears stick out of it) so the blame is entirely on him.

So the solution is either to swap over his background culture if he likes the Xena Armour that much and can´t live without it or equipping those bearded mean pieces of manly soldiery with something else or - finally, as last resort - develop a blitzkriegstyle love for Choncita Wurst and accomodate yourself with crossdressing.

noosers said:
It´s not the bug he´s encountering, he did something mindless and asked a stupid question.

He attached a female armour on a male trooper. Means the body mesh of said trooper switches over to female, as it displays the female armour.
You can do the same with the PC display dummy and adore his newly attained beardy beauty.

I mean it should be pretty clear which armours are females only (the tits should be a  definite hint) whereas it´s really tricky to spot for some helmets (like the Adventuress Heume, which is too small for male heads so male noses and ears stick out of it) so the blame is entirely on him.

So the solution is either to swap over his background culture if he likes the Xena Armour that much and can´t live without it or equipping those bearded mean pieces of manly soldiery with something else or - finally, as last resort - develop a blitzkriegstyle love for Choncita Wurst and accomodate yourself with crossdressing.

I love my order of the Queer Knights tho :razz:

How many times can you change your culture, and how much does it cost? He could switch to a new armor, and change culture to Fierdsvain while his new armor is upgrading. Then when your knights finish upgrading, switch your culture back to whatever you want.

thermocline said:
How many times can you change your culture, and how much does it cost? He could switch to a new armor, and change culture to Fierdsvain while his new armor is upgrading. Then when your knights finish upgrading, switch your culture back to whatever you want.

So if I'm reading this right, you can have a female CKO by starting them as Fierdsvain and they stay that way regardless of what culture you switch to as long as you don't mess with their equipment after that?  Does that mean you then end up with a situation where you're 'upgrading' Pendor knights (or Sarleon or whatever) into women?  :razz:

Nope.
Your CKO does switch gender. If it was female (=Fierdsvain) and you switch your background culture to something else, they´ll instantly grow a willie and a beard.
The same goes the other way round, if you switch to Fierdsvain background culture, your CKO will turn into wimmin´.

Figured that'd be the more likely scenario, but wanted to be sure. 

Now I can try to figure out more important things like "how to unlock the lutes as shields on a female main since the wandering bards won't teach me poems"  :meh:

noosers said:
Nope.
Your CKO does switch gender. If it was female (=Fierdsvain) and you switch your background culture to something else, they´ll instantly grow a willie and a beard.
The same goes the other way round, if you switch to Fierdsvain background culture, your CKO will turn into wimmin´.
Thanks for all the helpful, and some not so helpful posts,I was hoping i had just missed the option somewhere, or maybe I could change it in when i started my own kingdom. But i'll just take the Fierdsvain culture when I declare Independence murdercarls op anyways.

By the time I get around to it, it hardly matters what culture I've picked...

The main thing is what knights etc you use for CKO. Pendor in that sense is "worst" as you don't get as many free squires compared to say Sarleon squires. I tend to prefer CKO sergeants, and the ones which I would probably keep around are Fierdswain ones. Though you can round up a large number regardless.

The other big thing is what cash-based Orders you can put. Sarleon has the Clarion Call, but if you start in Laria you can make them anyway.

I am starting to think Empire and Fierdsvain are the best cultures to take. You can stuff your garrisons with mid-tier troops from any faction, and if your fief actually gets sieged, you can easily let it fall and recapture it later (taking 3-4 of their fiefs in the meantime).

Main advantage to Empire/Fierds is training up mass zerks/glads, which you can stuff onto your vassals to help them in autocalc battles.

No. I try to help them help themselves.

Which you may realise if you had read the whole post instead of snippeting the grain of truth it contains out and pasting it right here 8 days later and totally out of context in order to reprove me because I may have hurt your feelings in some other responses to former question of yours.

Using brain 1.0 - issued upon birth with free updates throughout life installed by yourself - every once in a while for  does a lot of surprisingly good things like preventing you from becoming a cyberzombie spoonfed and manipulated by powers beyond your grasp of mind because you cease to think for yourself.

A couple of users here may remember what it reads if I try to piss people off intentionally but that hasn´t happened for quite some time now.

Back
Top Bottom