Editing with Morgh's/M&B Editor

Users who are viewing this thread

Mr.Nock

I understand that this mod is, for all intents and purposes, dead, which is exactly why I am asking this. When I try to edit anything other than items using Morgh's, I get the error, "Runtime Error 9, Subscript out of range." is there any way I can edit things, or is it impossible with this mod?

It should be possible using the text editor function of Morgh's, I do not receive errors when I use Morgh's to change values in the troops.txt or any other text file in the folder.

Good afternoon. Subscribe to the issue, the files troops and parties can not be opened? I have Morgh's Editor v.1.40, files items and factions opened without problems, others give the above error

I have the same errors with Morgh's Editor (v1.4) as reported above -
"Run-Time Error 9: Subscript out of range"  in Morgh's text editor, with TOTSK's Troops, Parties, and Party_Templates text files.

It seems to be due to "troops.txt." 
I have 4 other mods (including Native), and their "troops.txt" files are between 486kb to 841kb, and contain between 930 to 1,577 entries.
My TOTSK v1.0 "troops.txt" file (dated 5/18/2013) is 2,831kb in size, and contains 5,102 entries!
Seems it exceeds the limits of Morgh's Editor (or, since Morgh's website states the text editor only converts hexadecimal entries to regular text/numbers in memory, presents them in a GUI interface, and then writes them back as hexadecimal), perhaps our computer available free memory imposes a limit.
And since "Parties.txt" and "Party_Templates.txt" draw their entries from "Troops.txt," we get the same error with them.

Well, there is a workaround...
You won't like it, but it will work, until somebody posts a better one.

Make a BACKUP COPY of your TOTSK "troops.txt" and save it aside somewhere safe.
On another copy, reduce the size until you only have about 100 entries.
NOW it will load in Morgh's Editor.  And so will the "parties files - but they'll be messed up, since you no longer have all the mods' troops available.

So, you decide what you want to edit, and then copy/paste those entries from one of your (untouched) TOTSK "troops.txt" files into your working, temporary, 100-entry "troops.txt" file, overwriting entry by entry (to keep the entry total at 100).
Open in Morgh's, edit, update, save, exit.

Now, go back and open one of your original TOTSK "troops.txt" files in NotePad, locate the entries for the troops you changed, and copy/paste the updated numbers into the appropriate places.
Save.  Use that to start the game and see your changes.
[Do NOT try to run TOTSK with your abbreviated, truncated "troops.txt" file!!! It will not work right!!]

And there are enough rough spots in TOTSK already, without us causing any more (try running the mod in "DeBug" mode, and watch the red text go by ...).

DARoot

Back
Top Bottom