Can you exhange fiefs between your lords?

Users who are viewing this thread

Tomas14

Recruit
If the answer is no, then is there any way to implement this?

My faction owns 2 castles: Valorshield and Whitestag
My plan is to give Valorshield to Sir Rayne, the village bound to it to person x and Whitestags village to person y, while myself owning Whitestag.
With this system i would have 4 lords backing me up (including my husband who is atm landless) while i plan my assault on Laria.

However this is all temporary. In the end i would like Sir Rayne to own both Valorshield and its village, me owning Whitestag, its village and Laria and person x,y owning something else.
Right now im seeing no option for taking away or exchaning fiefs.

I am playing PoP 3.611

Also another thing, unrelated to previous topic:
Where do you see the pay day date?
Right now im very scared of recruiting the Unicorn Knights because i dont want to play double, or triple even.
Many times have happened during previous playthroughs that i hire a merc company for 10k and then couple of hours ingame time(which is like a second irl) i have to pay 20k for wages.

Thanks

I don't think you can exchange fiefs between your lords without letting the fiefs get captured by the enemy and reassigning them.

I believe Silverstag (a revision of Floris mod that is currently being developed) has this functionality. Silverstag is actually really cool and has a bunch of great features, but troop recruitment is kind of borked.

Silverstag is one of my favourite mods.
I actually think the opposite, the recruitment system is good in my opinion. In vanilla with high training skill you could hire a peasant who has never held a sword before and make him one of the best warriors in the realm by just sitting in a castle 1 week.

In Silverstag you cant do this. Peasants will stay peasants but may improve a bit within the next weeks or months.

You can´t reassign fiefs without severe punishment (=relation losses) or losing the town/castle with it´s attached villages.

Best way is if you lose the castle and retake it.
What I´m usually doing in these early stages when you need to hand out fiefs rather randomly is form up pairs of lords who´ll will share future lands.

Means the castle 1 goes to A, village 1 to B, castle X goes to B, village A goes to X. If those 2 lords like each other, the better and if the property´s close by it´s perfect.

You need to realize you´re in a feudal system, not a democracy. Property you award to a sworn man is his, unless he fails his loyality, and it´s jealously guarded by it´s owner. MnB in general does have a really good system in that regard, at least imho, and PoP added a few things to strenghten these points. If you ever played Crusader King 2 you should get the clue even clearer.

Switching out fiefs of lords without objections may be great for gameplay issues, but totally goes against a feudal system. Apart from that you should be able to reassign any fief through your minister-wifey. Although on the cost of a huge relation loss with the lord in question and his allies, a hit to your reputation and the likelyhood of a rebelling lord.

Since most people rather hesitate to do so (and rightly, they should!) I highly advise you simply follow my suggestion: Team up lords and pair them in their posessions.

Never knew how the feudal system worked, thank you for that.

Is there actually a difference if neighboring lords love or hate eachother?
Right now Rayne and Boadice are very close.

And did you say it was actually still possible to exchange fiefs? Just with huge penalties? Where is the option? My minister does not say anything about this. Playing the latest PoP.

Okay i had Julia as my minister, i then tried to replace her with someone, but suddenly a text pops up says ive failed a quest: resolve dispute. I hadnt even taken this quest! I reloaded a save before and looked that my quest list was empty! Is this supposed to happen?

Couldn´t remember what you´re talking about.
Sea-Fu and Googzilla told me this.

Naturally, such a quest would fail if you dismiss your minister.
Now I recall it. It´s a pretty little quest and it should show in your questline.

You need to talk to 2 different lords in your kingdom who hate each other. If you´re micromanaged your lords you´ll pretty much now which one dislike themselves, it´s usually a pair of lords of the same kingdom - who hated each other before. In my recent game it were usually three different combinations, 2 D´Shar and 1 Fierdsvain Lords pair.

You just run after them and talk to them and ask them to resolve their dispute. If they like you (=high relationship) they will do so without further involvement, if not, they´ll ask you for a little accomplishment before they forgive their opponent.

You usually get them if you ask if anything interesting happened in your kingdom. I consider them pretty important as I really like a peaceful kingdom with as little quarrels between my vassals as possible and a mightily strong me (=safe and strong household). It´s something taught to me in a very bloody fashion by Paradox´s awesome Crusader Kings 2. :fruity:

Not to mention I like to run things tidy and clean anyways.

Yes i know what the quest is about.
Its just every time i change a minister it tells that the quest has failed and i lose lots of relations and right to rule. But the thing is that i didnt even have the quest before i changed ministers.
I guess its a bug?
Well nevermind its not really that important.

Can you tell who would make the best minister?

Back
Top Bottom