The Original Sands of Faith Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, since there wasn't a realistic mod based in the crusades time I decided to do it myself, the year is 1185 and the crusaders are having a really hard time keeping their possessions in the Levant, it's up to the player decide to join the new crusade or join the armies of Ayyubid Sultanate or Sultanate of Rum. It's a realistic map of the "Holy Land".

Version 0.9 Enhanced

Version 0.9 Ultimate (turk language)

FACTIONS:

-Kingdom of Jerusalem
-Principality of Antioch
-Knights Templar
-Knights Hospitaller
-Ayyubid Sultanate
-Sultanate of Rum

-Teutonic Knights (can be created by player)

NOTE:

- The folder PLAYER WARCRIES AND VOICE ORDERS has crusader and muslim version for voice on commands and warcries and also crusader female voice, choose the one you want and copy/paste the wav files to sounds folder and sounds.txt to Sands of Faith folder, replace when asked. To perform a warcry press "N".

- The folder USER INTERFACE has optional muslim ui, if you want to change copy/paste the .dds file to Sands of Faith Textures folder and replace.

- The folder FACTION RELATIONS has optional faction relations, if you prefer to start a game with Ayyubids and Seljuks at war copy/paste the appropriate factions.txt to Sands of Faith folder and replace.

- By default companions you make lords have Teutonic map icon, if you want to change open the txt file Companions Optional Map Icons in Sands of Faith folder, copy the one you want, open map_icons.txt and almost at beginning replace ikon_tevton_knight with the one you have chosen.

MAIN FEATURES:

-Advanced diplomacy system
-Abillity to join faction armies as a knight
-Advanced formations system
-Start as one of the faction leaders or lords
-New animations, scenes, graphics, audio
-Epic and voice acted battles
-Naval battles
-Ability to duel the greatest knights in the Holy Land
-Ability to play as one of your companions in battles
-Ability to chose between "battle continuation" camera or to play as one of the regular troops on death
-Advanced trade system, including sea trade
-Proper Middle-East map
-Proper faction banners and map icons
-Create Teutonic Knights Order
-Events with choice and consequences
-Advanced tournament system
-New recruitment system and historical troop trees
-Historical names for both characters and settlements
-Historical armors and weapons
-Build your own outpost/fort anywhere in the map
-Play fun card game with tavern keepers and try to earn money
-Tons of other great features for you to discover

RECRUITMENT SYSTEM:

Knights are not part of the troop tree and can only be recruited in towns and you need to be a lord to see the option and even then only knights from your faction, in towns owned by your faction will join. Knights can be upgraded once to the faction specific knight. Each knight cost 10x more than a normal recruit (100 denars vs 10 denars). The recruitment system for normal troops is similar however as only villages from your faction we'll have volunteers. There is no restrictions to recruit mercenaries but they're more expensive.

CREATING TEUTONIC KNIGHTS:

Although technically you can create a random faction as in vanilla and other mods, this mod is optimized for the creation of Teutonic Knights. You create a new faction as usually, although you need to own a town (castle is not enough), then replace the default minister with a companion, get a chancellor and ask to change culture and choose Teutonic Knights. Wait like 2/3 days too so that it gets updated. Companions you make lords will have teutonic gear and banner. All you need to do either than that is giving the proper name to the faction and get the teutonic banner, but before make them lords remove all items from inventory and what they have equipped to guarantee they equip teutonic gear. Teutonic gear for yourself you can get from Jerusalem and Antioch stores. There are 3 companions wandering the Holy Land that perfectly fit to be Teutonic lords, they're easy to recognize with their German names (actually the names of the 3 first Teutonic Grandmasters).

CULTURAL STORES:

Items you can find in stores depends on the faction. Some items are shared with few other factions (like crusader generic armor is shared among all crusader factions), but faction specific items you can only find in that faction store.

KNOWN BUGS AND ISSUES:

- When recruiting in villages it will display 100 denars per man, this is wrong you only pay 10 denars.

- When freelancing as knight, after being captured you were supposed to rejoin the lord but you don't get the option in dialog, so just ask to leave and then ask to join again. If you don't find him after few days you'll leave automatically.

- Sometimes caravans (or eventually other parties) might look to have stopped and don't move, just talk to them to fix it (SHALL HAVE BEEN FIXED WITH PATCH).

- There are at least 2 towns that when on your ship and trying to land that clicking on the town doesn't do anything, just click on the village/castle closer to it.

- Sometimes when trying to enter a fort the game will crash, this is a bit random but helps waiting a day after upgrading it and after loading a save. In any case save your game before enter a fort.

- Avoid use trade ledger book since it's reported to be bugged.

- Having several outposts and trying to destroy one can crash the game and corrupt the save (ideally avoid use the "destroy" function since is uncertain how extensive can this bug be).

- If you have a MAC or can't read the font or just don't like it, delete FONT_DATA.XML from data folder and FONT.DDS from textures folder in Sands of Faith folder to revert to vanilla.

TIPS:

- Press "I" to see Troop Ratio Bar, after using orders panel it will revert to the mini map.

- Press "N" to perform a warcry.

- Press "M" to call your horse.

- When starting as King because of the way how the script works the title of lords become the default player kingdom vassal title in this case "Master", just go to camp menu / manage your kingdom / custom vassal title and replace with the appropriate title.

- When on your ship if you go to camp menu you'll have the option to "try to catch some fish", this is related to foraging skill.

- Press "T" key while wearing an "Helm" to get helmet view, you need to use also "R" key to change to 1st person view to get the proper view. Pressing "T" key again should reverse the helmet view but when on battle is bugged so press "Esc" to go to "Options Menu" and then back to battle and it will reverse.

- In taverns if you talk to the tavern keeper, you can choose to play an interesting game called "Find the Lady", you might get lucky and earn some denars or get greedy and lose everything.

- When starting the game as King or Lord either than the troops you have in your party, you also have a complete army in your town or castle, so go there and chose manage this town or castle, manage garrison and get all the troops you need.

- Talk to your advisors to set your kingdom policies, you need to do this to get money from settlements.

- Before start playing go to camp menu and look at all options available, there are tons to tweak your gameplay, most of the behavior in this mod is optional. Also for ai to use formations properly (if you want to check it) you must also put ai setting at maximum in Diplomacy options.

SOURCE CODE PERMISSION CONDITIONS:

- Cannot be used as base for a mod about the same theme as this one (the crusades)
- Cannot use any sea battle scenes, towns, castles or Anatolia villages (basically the ones in Sultanate of Rum territory)
without permission of el xabeo de la cova from Hispania 1200 (this includes exteriors and interiors, arenas and taverns)
- Give credit where it's due

SPECIAL THANKS TO:

- Bismarck for Native Module Compilation that I used as base module system with Diplomacy and Custom Commander merged
- Feyd1979 for the great map
- el xabeo de la cova for the release of the source code with his mod Hispania 1200 wich made possible the integration
  of the script to start as king/lord and many other scripts and to allow me to use Hispania 1200 scenes, all credits to
  him for all the new scenes (towns, castles, villages, sea battles, lairs, meeting scenes),  many scripts and few icons
  and items
- Crusaders Way To Expiation Team for the release of their great work which is the graphical backbone of this mod, all
  credits to them for almost all items, battlefield scenes, interface, textures, icons, shaders, flora, terrain borders,
  skyboxes and some sounds in this mod
- Goodfutter for doing crusader voices on purpose for this mod (also to Matmohair1 for the arabian voices pack)
- produno from A World of Ice and Fire for the help editing the campaign map
- ElPadrino for Sands of Faith dedicated ENB

CREDITS:

Hispania 1200, Crusaders Way To Expiation Team, 1257 AD, Brytenwalda, Wings of Glory, Crusader Deus Vult, Native Expansion, Tocans Calradia, Gekokujo, 1429 la Guerre de Cent Ans, Native Module Compilation, Floris

el xabeo de la cova, Feyd1979, Bismarck, Waihti, rubik, taragoth, Caba'drin, Windyplains, motomataru, Jinnai, Arch3r, MartinF, Anardion, Checkmaty, lucky lancer, Tempered, einhar, Almansur, CounterPoint, Lumos, Lav, sphere, Duh, Ruthven, lazeras, Papa Lazarou, Iboltax, Slawomir of Aaarrgh, Jacobhinds, dunde, Shcherbyna, AndyYa, Goodfutter, Matmohair1, Ibidil, FantasyWarrior, Mark7, Melphiz, KuauiK, DrThomas, Sayd Uthman, Zimke Zlovoljni, Mikeboix, BlackDeer, TheFatty, zedpaolo, Nordous, produno, ElPadrino, HyperCharge

DOWNLOAD:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/sands-of-faith

http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6027/?

INSTALLATION:

- Extract to your Mount&Blade Warband/Modules folder
- Choose Sands of Faith v1.5 on the launcher mods list
- Play and have fun

Sands of Faith v1.5 RELEASED

Changelog:

- Fixed issues introduced with patch
- Fixed quick battles
- Corrected helmets stats and cost
- Improved environment
- New reinforcements presentation and sounds
- New presentations
- Reworked audio
- Many overall fixes, tweaks and replacements
- Optional ENB optimized for SoF
- Source code included

SoF v1.5 Campaign Map Patch:

- Shall fix sometimes parties getting stuck in campaign map.

I don't have plans for a new version at the moment, would like to replace towns for accurate unique towns at least but don't know when or if that will happen, so this shall be the final version for a while, I believe there aren't any major bugs, most of the known bugs are in description. Thanks to all that helped and supported this mod.

:grin: brilliant work indeed,
btw, the helmets used by Seljuks were not unique
so you can also give them to the Ayyubids - there wasn't much difference
with regard to armor and equipment used throughout the Middle East

Released Optional Rebalance Test Patch, changelog:

-Land redistribution, Jerusalem and Antioch have 1 more town each and several castles
-Sergeants are mounted units
-Buffed military order knights both confrere and faction (military order higher tier knights are now the strongest unit)
-Slightly nerfed mamluks and reduced level to 21 and horsemen to 18
-Changed muslim lances to light lances
-Removed 1 castle from templars and hospitallers fixing a bug, also changed templar Kerak castle with Caesarea so it's close to Acre
-Some small fixes

Fun so far.  Definitely worth at least one play-through for anyone stopping by and reading the thread who hasn't yet.

Running with the optional Rebalance Test Patch.  Freelancer: Captured mission activates when served lord is defeated in battle as intended, however no conversation option to rejoin was offered in castle or field.  Faction was Ayyubid Sultanate, lord was Salah al-Din.

thewanderingknight said:
Released patch for new version (v0.4) that gives permanent relations between factions.

Very interested in this.  I play with WB  version1.153, will this mod work with that?

I looked everywhere and you didn't seem to specify. 

Many thanks for your hard work.

Subitai said:
thewanderingknight said:
Released patch for new version (v0.4) that gives permanent relations between factions.

Very interested in this.  I play with WB  version1.153, will this mod work with that?

I looked everywhere and you didn't seem to specify. 

Many thanks for your hard work.

Yes it works with any version 1.153+

TarnishedArmour said:
Will we get an optional patch with mounted Sergeants and the like as well?

That patch was for test reasons half of the stuff I kept in this new version, like changes to military orders knights stats making them the strongest units in the game, the little nerf to mamluks and horsemen and muslim lances being light lances now. Some changes on land distribution were kept (although some I gave to templars and hospitallers instead of Jerusalem and Antioch) but most of castles were reverted to Ayyubids. Mounted sergeants were an experience but they feel like cheap knights, it's too much cavalry around. Although I still consider them to military orders. The patch for permanent diplomatic relations is only a patch because I only looked into it after release new version (I know I should have done this before lol), this shall work the same way as lords defection, they don't defect by themselves but player can still influence it.

Guys in case you didn't realized already the map is just upside down, all you need to do is rotate it... This should be pretty obvious but apparently there is someone making a let's play and didn't realized this....

TarnishedArmour said:
Fun so far.  Definitely worth at least one play-through for anyone stopping by and reading the thread who hasn't yet.

Running with the optional Rebalance Test Patch.  Freelancer: Captured mission activates when served lord is defeated in battle as intended, however no conversation option to rejoin was offered in castle or field.  Faction was Ayyubid Sultanate, lord was Salah al-Din.

When you choose "I wish to ask you something." when talking to him don't you get the option to rejoin?

Edit: Ok I tested it myself, you need to ask to leave and then ask to join again, anyway you don't lose nothing doing it, actually you gain relation with the faction, there are only 2 ranks anyway so you get to higher rank fast, I'll look into fix it anyway.

Fair enough.  Thanks for the reply and explanation.

About the Freelancer: Captured issue, yeah the work around works, but it resets your time in service which the relation rewards are based on.  While you still get the rewards you would be owed for that amount of service it seems that the math behind that reward is exponential and so restarting service negatively affects the end result.  Not game breaking, just something "not working as intended" figured I'd share since it's not something that happens reliably.

Hazzardevil said:
Is it just an oversight that you can't be a lord of the Ayyubid Sultanate from the beginning? I was looking forward to playing as Safadin.

You can play as Saladin, but lords no because for some weird reason the script refuses to work with Ayyubid lords, so until I solve this enigma you can only play as Saladin (you start as king to play Saladin, not lord).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom