Helped needed to improve BW Reworked post here

Users who are viewing this thread

gdwitt

Knight at Arms
Although the files are released, I still need testers and modders of all levels for Version 19 of the new submod.
1) Testers to report bugs in a logical manner. Wjen you think you see a bug:
a) Write down everything you know about the setting that caused it.
b) Write down the sequence of events that led up to it.
c) See if you can relaunch and hit the bug again.
d) I need your rgl logs if you see any messages on screen or get a failed load.

Remember testing is a serious job. Testers need to savegame before every possible significant interaction and should have at least 3 new savegame files per hour of gameplay.
Since BW only allows 9 savegames to appear, go to your savegame folder and rename the savegames so they don't take up space.

2) I need beginning modders who know how to edit troops or items.
Can you use Morgh's? Try to apply Morgh's to mod system files.
Some opportunities:
a) Make all weapons stats consistent in a given class.
Drax70 started to work on swords, and what you see is his work.
However, I need weapon researchers and modders to make the spears clubs blunts axes level up according to their cost and name.
If I don't hear any offers, I will have to spend 3 hour fixing these myself.
b) Make all armors consistent in a given class. You can work on:
tunics, mail, leathers, dresses, shoes, greaves and helmets
c) make all shields level up according their faction name and stats.

3) Troops: if you see an item you think should belong to a particular factions' troops, let me know.
Submit a new troops.txt to me or, better, fix module_troops directly.
Redleg has done a great start with Troops, but I'm interested in hearing what you see in-game.

I still need helpers for the BW reworked submod.
We plan to do a grand release next week with a new section in the forum.

I primarily need someone who can work with text file editors on module_items.
You don't need to be a programmer, but need to be careful and able to commit 3 or so hours minimum.

Version 21 Standalone is the current configuration.
The rgl-log gives alot of errors; I don't see anything in-game, but can't go everywhere.
This issue is annoying as I've removed them and added them back into the brf many times.
rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister texture bark_stripped-edit.dds->new texture will be ignored
rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister texture bark_stripped-edit.norm.dds->new texture will be ignored
rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister texture wood_rough-edit.dds->new texture will be ignored
rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister texture wood_rough-edit.norm.dds->new texture will be ignored
rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister material wood_rough-edit->new material will be ignored
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material bark_stripped-edit for mesh house_saxon_barn.1
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material bark_stripped-edit for mesh house_saxon2.1
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material bark_stripped-edit for mesh house_saxon_small
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material bark_stripped-edit for mesh house_saxon_small.lod4
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material bark_stripped-edit for mesh house_saxon_wattle_daub.1
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material bark_stripped-edit for mesh tree_logs_stripped Loading

http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5994/? is the location of all downloads.

I noticed that axe hammers and possibly other weapons aren't placed properly on the body when equipped. They look like they are floating behind the person when equipped. There also appears to be a lot of stuttering still.

I revised the weapons for Reworked so that they are all in the module system.
There are numerous small discrepancies with weapons like you describe.
However, I am focused like a razor on scripting issues.

The stuttering is important.
Can you tell me what time of day it occurs?
Also let me know if you have cheats on as it increases in cheat mode.
They won't go away for low end computers.
The game has about 30 factions compared to 6 or so in Native.
That causes an enormous amount of script work as the 100s of lords make political calculations.
Wondeful script, ahead of it's time. But it's too much for many computers.
I can do new code to make them happen at night.

My computer runs repolished BW just fine normally. I turned off cheats and it still stutters. The stuttering occurs nearly every the state of day changes (eg: noon to afternoon).

Did you get this on BW repolished?
I think it should be there with 1.41, but I can't tell.
Now try BW reworked with the latest patch.
I tried to move that big block of 12 or so political scripts to night time.
There's no point in waiting several days for it to switch.
The game picks a time when it wants to run the scripts and the scripts run every 24 hours for the rest of your game until you start a new game.
MAybe loading a save game will knock it off it's timer.
Thanks for testing.

Back
Top Bottom