Giving assistance for the new minor servers *Map Based*

Users who are viewing this thread

Blizzarium

Sergeant
Hello id like to assist the new servers with a lowplayerbase issue i feel they deserve also a chance :smile:!

I have been mapping since 2011 native and alot of PW, Some people know me as my playername 'Guard' i got alot of maps on my name so dont worry About my experience :smile:

"Only my typing is horrible please dont comment me on that be nice to me :shock:"

so..Id like to assist the new minor starting servers with a really small map so when they only even have 20-30  players A real small Map feels Populated.
When you have a normal sized or a huge map Everybody is spread out and  the players feel bored faster. Reason is that they dont meet up that much.
And cause of that they will leave your server faster than Players joining!.
But Mayby the fortunate ones get a bigger playerbase and than your ready to go to a bigger bigger map!

The better things about a small or a tiny map!
Less complaints but still alot of enjoyment!
Less Stress on the admins
Less stress on the players
Admins will have a better view on the area!

and such a small map will only take a week or 2 ,i will  not just make a map ill put my soul into it :smile:

*If the map is Finished its ur map!*

Size doesnt mather *Cough* :iamamoron:

Blizzarium said:
-Same amount of complaints, if not more.  People that break rules are still going to break rules regardless of the map size, and people that usually wouldn't find many people on a big map to break rules on will have more of an opportunity to on a small map.

-How does the map size affect an administrators stress level in any way?  Getting around quickly to help players is no issue as they have teleport functions and administrator horses.

-Again, how does the map size affect the stress level of the player?  The only way I can see it affecting them is if it takes awhile to get around the map, but anyone playing PW should know PW maps are notoriously large.  Horses solve this problem well.

-How would this change anything?  If we don't see someone breaking the rules, it usually gets reported by screaming children in admin chat.

I think it's nice you're willing to make maps for smaller servers, though your arguments for small maps are a bit weird.

Froi said:
Blizzarium said:
-Same amount of complaints, if not more.  People that break rules are still going to break rules regardless of the map size, and people that usually wouldn't find many people on a big map to break rules on will have more of an opportunity to on a small map.
yes you have a valid point but what i am trying to say is if you compare  it with a huge map that has 150 players
and a small map that has 30 players well you defently you get alot of complaints with a huge population cause their are allways rotten eggs in it
In both cases they feel full, and ofc their will be always rulebreakers!

-How does the map size affect an administrators stress level in any way?  Getting around quickly to help players is no issue as they have teleport functions and administrator horses.
Wrong! it affects the amount complaints admins get flooded with a huge population! i am not talking about their tools!.

-Again, how does the map size affect the stress level of the player?  The only way I can see it affecting them is if it takes awhile to get around the map, but anyone playing PW should know PW maps are notoriously large.  Horses solve this problem well.
Wrong! alot of players like to wander and rp or just mayhem but if it is a huge map horse  or nothing the chance they meet up with a huge map compared to a small map is a big diffrence so more Enjoyment Rp or whatever

-How would this change anything?  If we don't see someone breaking the rules, it usually gets reported by screaming children in admin chat.
Indeed compare it with 30 players probebly 10 or more do so and 150 or more players mayby 50 or so do that it is a huge diffirence

I think it's nice you're willing to make maps for smaller servers, though your arguments for small maps are a bit weird.
I appreciate that you think it is genrous but my point is that you dont need a Big map or a huge population to have fun in pw!

Btw thanks for ur feedback hope you will reply

My opinion is people start raging/breaking rules if they are to near to each other. It's too small = It's too ragy.

Less complaints but still alot of enjoyment! -> It's probably more due to my experience when I used a smaller map
Less Stress on the admins -> No sense if the complaints are more
Less stress on the players -> No sense, probably more stress due to they have to think about each corner where they could get robbed (on a bigger map it's easier to travel safe).
Admins will have a better view on the area! -> Well, if an admin is really interested in helping players then he will learn the map & study it. Doesn't matter which size.

I may need a map makers assistance for my HCRP server and would gladly have you on board. Right now it's mostly me doing all the changes to my map.

Back
Top Bottom