Version 0.26 (Dev) Feedback - Latest Patch 0.26.6 (8/14/15)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a screenshot of the speedbar error's, they came up when I was attacked by night bandits entering Yalen in this situation:

6tjrc6.jpg

And to think this is after a whole lot of fixing to get the stamina bar to quit doing that in areas I thought of. :wink:

I'll have a new patch out before too long once I figure out the stamina bar issue and it'll just be a text file one.  Thanks everyone for helping me polish this feature up a bit.

The joy of modding  :lol:

I did a bit more testing concerning the health bug and here is what I found:

-Whatever your percentage of health the game is telling you on the campaign map, when you go on the battlefield you will always spawn with 100% health.
-If you get knocked out during a fight, retreating from that fight allows you to join in again with full, and you can do that as much as you want (If you are alone vs 200 sea raider you can simply kill 1 or 2, get knocked incouncious, retreate, continue to kill them untill none remains).
-Impossibility to loose a battle and so impossible to be taken as prisonner.
-Also happens for your companions, even if they are concidered as too wounded to join the fight they will still spawn with full health.

Shakalis said:
The joy of modding  :lol:

I did a bit more testing concerning the health bug and here is what I found:

-Whatever your percentage of health the game is telling you on the campaign map, when you go on the battlefield you will always spawn with 100% health.
-If you get knocked out during a fight, retreating from that fight allows you to join in again with full, and you can do that as much as you want (If you are alone vs 200 sea raider you can simply kill 1 or 2, get knocked incouncious, retreate, continue to kill them untill none remains).
-Impossibility to loose a battle and so impossible to be taken as prisonner.
-Also happens for your companions, even they are concidered as too wounded to join the fight they will still spawn with full health.
Good info and thanks.  I think I know where this came from.  It was during attempts to correct bodysliding-related wounding issues where people were coming out of a fight and all of their troops were wounded.

Shakalis said:
I just noticed that no AI (either friendly or foes) are sprinting, could it be related to the Stamina error we are getting ?

I've seen AI sprinting, usually only when they're fleeing though or in tournament matches

Shakalis said:
I just noticed that no AI (either friendly or foes) are sprinting, could it be related to the Stamina error we are getting ?
Yes, the AI will use sprinting exactly the same way as you do.  They primarily use it to close the distance to an opponent that they feel is within their sprinting range.  This has no interaction with the stamina bar though.  They use a stamina system, but it isn't displayed in the same manner.

Oh because in previous version they used to sprint way more than now, I must say I have yet to see one of them sprinting towards me D:

Edit: Ok I can confirm the bug about tournaments reward category: Books, nothing to choose and you get an error message, sadly computer isn't willing to screen anything :/

Hey, I think I found your "common theme" for the stamina bar error, so though you might have figured it out by now, I thought I should post my thought.

In my experience, every single time one of the following happens, the speed bar disappears:

*You go into an in-game menu.
*You open a command list that isn't the F1 one. (It works fine with the usual "Hold" "Charge" "Follow" orders menu, but breaks on every other.
*You select a regiment. (As in you press 0,1, 2, 3... for Infanty, Archers, Cavalry, Everyone etc.)
*A conversation is innitiated during combat. (This is rare, but can happen during the last battle of the tutorial in the starting town, when the Merchant of * sounds the call for battle.)

However, there is a very simple way to fix it every time it happens: Go into the pause menu with escape. (Note, above "in-game menu" refers to quest log, inventory through chest, etc.)

On top of this, even with the stamina bar missing, sprinting is still possible.

What all of this tells me, is that the issue is probably the following:

Your mod innitiates the stamina bar on the UI, when something else is innitiated for combat by the game. (Maybe it's the health bar, I don't know about your code.) However, some things in the game reset the UI, such as when a menu/convo screen is opened and the battle UI is turned off, when you open a command list and the UI is restructured to accomodate it, when you select a new regiment, and the highlights over their heads are updated.

Since from my small experience, the game code is a convoluted mess in places, my first thought was, that it might be easiest to simply find out what the escape menu resets (because clearly it re-innitiates something that in turn fixes your stamina bar) and then simply catch the first error of the stamina bar missing, and reset the UI. But then, that might lead to extra problems, like the code auto-closing the chest inventory, or the command menu.

So yeah, I'm not sure if there is a quick fix for it, if the issue is what I personally see, but I hope this little run down helps.

P.S.: This mod is hands down my favourite Warband mod out there. If only Taleworld's code supported easily interchangable campaign maps, and I could combine this with with the map from ACOK or Pendor, I would have next to no reason to play any other warband mod than this one.

Brilliant job all around.

Ictiv said:
What all of this tells me, is that the issue is probably the following:

Your mod innitiates the stamina bar on the UI, when something else is innitiated for combat by the game. (Maybe it's the health bar, I don't know about your code.) However, some things in the game reset the UI, such as when a menu/convo screen is opened and the battle UI is turned off, when you open a command list and the UI is restructured to accomodate it, when you select a new regiment, and the highlights over their heads are updated.
You are correct in your assessment.  I'd been going through this during the development phase trying to fix it in the same manner as you've described even.  The issue lies in that the stamina bar needs to appear across numerous other UI's so instead of being its own interface it "piggy backs" on the interfaces of others.  So it has a function to draw the stamina bar and one to update it.  The update shouldn't work unless it has already been drawn (on the interface).  This generally works fine except when the screen is changed.  So I went through looking for ways the player might change the screen (character log, quest log, etc...) and made it so when those happened to block further updates until it can be redrawn.  The only real problem is that I had forgotten to account for a number of these exceptions like the inventory baggage (I never use this) and field commands for your army.  I should be able to get it much smoother in the next patch.  Great report btw.

Balance questions:
1.) How is sprinting as far as duration and speed?
2.) Do the abilities associated with sprinting feel like they make an impact?

I've seen what the end limits are for higher level characters and I've tried them out with new characters.  On both ends it felt reasonable to me, but I'd like to hear what others think.  The lower level character couldn't move all that fast or for that long, but it was an improvement over where they were with the old setup.  A higher level character couldn't sprint as fast (no running down horses), but can do so for so much longer and more in an on demand way.

3.) Has anyone gotten far enough to use garrison training?

4.) What do folks think of the tournament rewards selection?  That is when you don't just get stuck with books that are not currently working.

5.) Is anyone doing a play-through as the Rhodoks?  How are their troops holding up now?  Both of their new troops were designed to bolster their front line and should help quite a bit in sieges.  Their spear wielding core remains, but their function has always been more about field defense vs. siege defense.

To Balance Questions:

1) It does seem fair, although it feels a bit out of place when not in the battlefield. While not a real issue, one thing that usually comes up for me while being in a tournament in Praven (I usually have all locations set to native + updated map/location weapons), is that once there's only a couple characters are left and I'm the only one on a horse, I need to make a few laps around the field before some characters lose their breath and I can make a charge at them with the lance. This isn't always the case though, so I'm guessing some of those characters have the abillities.

2) I'm a horse back archer myself, so I didn't experiment with this.

3) Didn't get this far yet, just doing mercenary work/tournaments so far.

4) Seems awesome, aside from the few menus that don't list items. (Book rewards, and I think there was a glitch with One-Handed Weapons too.) One thing I would personally change though, is that it could be that 2nd or maybe even 3rd place gets some sort of reward too, like they used to in the previous version. Just perhaps don't let them choose what it is, like the first placer gets to. Possibly make it so that they get to choose, but if you're second, the "most expensive one" isn't in the list, and if you're third, neither is the second costiest, the idea being that there was a pool of rewards for the winners, and the first got first pick, followed by the second. Although, I like the idea of only being able to choose if you're 1st place.

5) Haven't played with the Rhodoks, but I did play against them. (Don't know why but the very first thing Swadia ever does in my games, is anger the Doge... Well, right after the feast of course.) From my experience so far, they are a lot better at keeping Uxkhal than they used to be. Take that as what it's worth.

In addition to bugs mentioned by others in this thread. I have gotten "rewards array attempted to access information out of bounds" errors for the boots/gloves category and the armor category, but not the one-handed weapons or shields categories.

I am not really certain what purpose the tournament reward modification serves, though. I thought the idea was to make money harder to obtain? Restricting prizes to the winner helps with that (a little). but how does the selection screen?

For this goal, it would make more sense to limit/eliminate the boring and non-interactive productive enterprise system (my preference would be to limit the quantity of productive enterprises to Trade/2 and also eliminate autoselling).

Reviewing this, it sounds very critical. I apologize - silverstag is definitely the best mod around and I really appreciate the work you have put into it.

For some reason, when I joined a Lord-vs-Lord battle, the same commands that show the ui errors when I fight alone did not show up. Maybe a coincidence, haven't had a chance to replicate it yet.

TheLunaticFringe said:
I am not really certain what purpose the tournament reward modification serves, though. I thought the idea was to make money harder to obtain? Restricting prizes to the winner helps with that (a little). but how does the selection screen?
The value of the prizes has been cut back by a substantial amount.  Black armors were a commonly given "limit item" worth about 60k in previous versions.  That was never intended, but without breaking saves there wasn't much to be done to correct that side of the economy.

Reviewing this, it sounds very critical. I apologize - silverstag is definitely the best mod around and I really appreciate the work you have put into it.
No worries.  Feedback is valuable and greatly appreciated.

I've got quite a lot of OPCODE issues like these esp. during battle
iLSrHi.jpg

Tournament rewards seem to be broken.
tUUMfp.jpg

I like new Khergit troops although I just tested a few of them.

Can the stamina bar be disabled in the options? This patch would be pretty awesome if not for the stream of opcode errors during battles. I quite like the update, a lot seems to have changed in a good way, especially am intrigued by the bandit troops. Can the bandit troops/dishonor troops be used in the current full release?

jeoffreyjapie said:
Can the stamina bar be disabled in the options? This patch would be pretty awesome if not for the stream of opcode errors during battles. [...]
That would be a neat temporary solution for the time being =)

I can confirm that every time I get into a battle with an ally, there are no stamina bar ui problems...I also just noticed that there is no stamina bar in those moments, either! The space under health is empty, from the beginning of the battle. Guess that's why I don't encounter errors from it because it doesn't start up in those cases from the outset of battle.

F1hq1r.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom