Not many female soldiers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey all,

Recently finished a playthrough of Warband Native, so now I'm looking at playing through some of the mods (ACOK, Floris, Perisno etc.).

I love Gekokujo so far, but in my native playthrough I had hundreds of Sword Sisters. They're so versatile and best of all they're mounted. I was trying to do something similar in Gekokujo, but I've only just found out that there are no mounted onnabushi troops  :neutral:

So, my question is, how could I acquire some? I've searched for submods, but I haven't found anything other than a guy called "Lokrium" mentioning he expanded the tree:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=305602.210

But sadly, I couldn't find the fruits of his labour.

Please help!

There is no mod or submod for this that adds mounted female troops. So you won't find any. The only way to get any female riders is to mount up your companions.

couldn't help saying this -
there IS submod here changing whole onnabushi tree with mounted woman warrior in the end.
just guess which one

Hasegawa_Taizou said:
couldn't help saying this -
there IS submod here changing whole onnabushi tree with mounted woman warrior in the end.
just guess which one

Well, could you please just tell me which mod that is?

I just wish it was done in python. If it was I could insert wife as companion into it. Sadly I know of no way to do this without python. :sad:

Well actually there might be. Basically I could compile vanilla Gek with my changes to it and than run a comparative diagnosis of your files, vanilla Gek files and my files and try to integrate things that way. Might break the game though.

I mean, I don't think you have modified the dialogue files and such. Have you?

no. i have not. But game dialogue files seem to be only module files, just scheme, way of written texts to be put on their places. I suspect no matter what you write in txt files - the dialogue will follow it's module way.
i had simple thing with several units - no matter what i write in txt files - they saw no new items i added and continued using their module ones.

I am not quite sure what you just said to be honest. Like, I understand the first paragraph but not the second one.

Do you mean to say that you could not effect changes into existing save games by editing the dialogue files? Yea, that won't work. Listen, I am doing a test build of something and if it works I'll post it on the submod thread. If you have the time could you take a look at it for me (if I post it)?

PPQ_Purple said:
I am not quite sure what you just said to be honest. Like, I understand the first paragraph but not the second one.

Do you mean to say that you could not effect changes into existing save games by editing the dialogue files? Yea, that won't work. Listen, I am doing a test build of something and if it works I'll post it on the submod thread. If you have the time could you take a look at it for me (if I post it)?
sure. that would be very useful experience for you and for any other Gekokujo modder aswell. To tell the truth all i said before - just mere guess-work. So everyone would be glad to have this question clear. So as have wife as a companion)

I got the dialogues to work without breaking anything. I think. I don't know what I am supposed to be looking at but I think it's working fine. Getting married is really hard and I can't test the wife thing yet quickly. Working on it though. However my changes should be save game compatible. So if anyone wants to give it a go just drop the contents of this zip into your Sugoroku folder and overwrite. And tell me if you can bring your wife along. Also, the file contains my test build for my own work to make the default minister as capable as leaving a companion behind. I can't separate the two right now without going into the code and spending hours on it. But I don't think you'll mind.

Link to file

EDIT: IT WORKS! IT WORKS!!

Please test it out to check if I broke anything I did not notice.

Back
Top Bottom