5620582193_07207bc789_o.png
hrwhf.png

CLOSING THOUGHTS  &  THANK YOUS

Good afternoon ladies and gentleman. I hope everyone enjoyed the exhilarating final we had last night. Like so many of the games it displayed so much of what competitive Warband has to offer. The second season of the ECS has been a resounding success and as per usual I would like to take a moment to say thanks to all those who made it happen. First however, as tradition dictates, I will congratulate those who placed on the podium.

FVuEikP.png

First up Freelancers. Few have put as much into this game as Napoleon and his long term companions from SoE. Not many deserve this as much as him and his team. It's wonderful when you see hard work pay off and you guys played fantastically. You had so many players putting in star performances and had an incredible record. Not many teams win majors in this scene but now Freelancers have joined that elite minority. Big respect to all the Freelancers players. You guys went huge. Congratulations.

qfU77vc.png

Apis Europae. Always pains me to write these things when I lose. Losing by such a small margin is never easy but Apis Europae has been here before and i'm sure will be here again. Getting into the finals for every tournament in the past 3 years is something to be proud of nonetheless. Congratulations and commiserations.

n5DyWXe.png

Not many had IR down as contenders, especially after they lost their opening match against Defenders of Faith. However you guys came back in a major way, putting in some fearsome performances. You fell to the eventual winners Freelancers but overcame the odds to win in the Bronze Medal match. Congratulations!

So next up time to say thanks to everyone!

Sponsors

This tournament was one blessed with an abundance of sponsors. Massive thanks to Razer for providing the first place prizes and the stream prize. The added publicity given to the scene will help us develop further and the scene is really grateful. Thanks to Gameservers for providing the second place prize and for providing German servers for the tournament. Without sponsors like this tournaments would never happen, so thanks. Similarly for MarksMods, thank you for providing the other first place prize and also for providing game servers.

Servers

I've thanked two of our server hosts above but there's a few more generous souls who deserve our gratitude. Big thanks to Wolfpack clan. Not only were you welcome tough competition to the group stage but you were also massively generous to offer servers for use, something you've done for many other tournaments. Big thanks to Sim Rai who generously donated servers for the tournament. You guys also support the WWC so we should all be grateful for the support you've shown the scene. Finally thanks to TaleWorlds for providing the Dutch servers. They were incredibly useful and that you support the competitive scene even after all this time is a huge credit to you. Also you made the game so thanks for that too  :party:

Streamers

Thanks to Captain Lust and MBTV who continues to put in huge amounts of work for the scene. The amount of streams was unbelievable. The production values and frequency of your streams continue to expand the competitive scene. Thanks for your time. Thanks to Surkan, Eman, Volcom and Chan for the games you streamed. Finally thanks to all the co-casters who gave up their free time to make the ECS what it is:

Aeronwen, Purzelblume, yami_pirate, Kelsier, OurGloriousLeader, xls, Fabio, LeRoux, peppermatt, Blacktide, Hippotitis, Varsung, Neathar, Fozzy, Mitchell

Referees

Being a referee can be a bit of thankless task. Either you get things right and nobody says anything or things go wrong. The community owes you guys a lot, as do I. Thanks so much for the time you've put in making sure everything runs smoothely. Special mentions to Dyktator who also created the graphics for the teams that placed on the podium. Thanks to:

Arthasan, Dyktator, Fabio, Kellermann, Killer, Nero, Sebek, Sombie, Surkan, Watly, Fietta

Admins

These guys did so much work for this tournament. Frankly my contribution has been at best slight so the people listed here deserve so much credit for making this ECS happen. Aeronwen you poured so much effort and time into this tournament, both in securing the sponsors and other administrative work. Thanks so much for this, myself and the scene are eternally grateful. Thanks next to Varsung, you put in a lot of work in terms of ideas and administrative work. Your willingness to get work done allowed this tournament to happen. Thanks. Big thanks next to Tardet. I hope you will be administrating more tournaments in the future. Your hard work and great attitude are a huge asset to the scene. Next up Harman, you've done so much work for this ECS. Particularly your wonderful stats which have been a pleasure to read, thank you.

Next up in a similar vein, thanks to Scar for the work you did at the start of the tournament as well as helping with ideas throughout. We've administrated many tournaments together and it's a loss to scene that your time doing it has come to an end.

Thanks next to Captain Lust once again but this time for your consultancy work. You put so much effort into securing the sponsors and even had to get a little hands-on with some of the administrative work. You do so much for this scene so thank you again.

Other Stuff

Thanks to MuivirT for his randomiser. It's been an admins best friend for a long time. Thanks to Oliveran for helping with IDs. Finally thanks to Skitrel who's hard work and generosity helped no end with sponsors.

Finally thanks to all the participants and captains who participated in the tournament. I hope you will all be back for more when the next tournament comes around.

Thanks,
Deacon

It was a nice Tournament, Thanks to the admins and all participantiadws !
And thanks to Volcom for the awesome streams ! :party:
Now Hype ECL ! :roll: :lol: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :fruity:

I am gonna say this in the name of all DoFs(but some of those nabs could hop on here and say it themselves:p):

Big thanks to the organizers,streamers & their co-casters,refs,sponsors,server providers and all the participants in both the qualifiers and main tourney.

T'was a fine fine tourney and we are definitely looking forward to some more in future :wink:

Thanks everyone who participated,streamed,organized.It was a nice tournament.Im looking forward to next tournaments.
Freelancers!  :party: :party:

Said it in an interview before and will say it again:

Big thanks to everyone involved in and around this tournament. Was big fun.  :party:

Well done, another tournament over. However, there's always room for improvement, so here's some criticism:

In this tournament I was mostly a bystander, but I took a note of some things that I thought should be discussed before the next tournament.

The biggest issue is naturally the pink javelin issue, or "the javelin gate". I am aware that the rule was discussed before the tournament, and based on that I agree with the ban of Sotamursu. Therefore the criticism goes to the moment when the rule was discussed. I cannot understand who really thinks that having pink javelins would give an unfair advantage big enough to be banned from the tournament. Maybe it's just me not understanding the game mechanics, but to me it sounds really stupid. In any case, in the next tournament, I would like to see common sense used in each and every rule.

Other issue from the "javelin gate" is the verdict. There was a rule breaked by the other team as well, one that resulted with suspension. Now, I said I agreed with Sota's ban, but I don't agree with the rest of the verdict. The match was to be replayed, and Sota cannot play in it because of the ban. How come the person from the other team could? Wasn't WDY the team that was wronged, and should've gotten the advantage, and not the next one who was fighting them? Weird. In the next tournament, I would like to see common sense used in each and every verdict.

Third issue is banning of clan's name. Sure, the abbrevation was stupid, but who wanted it banned? Are we going to be an odorless and tasteless community where unwanted material is swept under the carpet? I really don't like the direction.

And fourth issue is the sponsors. Well, one of them. And that is the great and magnificent Team Razer. Ok, you got it to sponsor a Warband tournament. Well done. Really. But is it really necessary to spam it everywhere? There's stuff of it forums and twitter. In streams their logo is visible all the time, there's their ad running every now and then and there's even their damn logo in the map? And, other sponsors did not get anywhere near that amount of visibility. Whether Razer required that visibility, I do not know, but too much is too much. I probably have less tolerance for this than most though.

Despite my criticism, the tournament looked great. Since my criticism was towards the admin team, I honestly must say that for the rest of the stuff it seemed to work seamlessly. If I had to pick one admin who shined in this, it'd be Aeronwen. She seemed to have a huge amount of responsibilities in the tourny, and tirelessly piloted it to the finish line. And also apparently secured sponsors. Extremely impressive work. Thumbs up for other admins as well. And players. And streamers. And referees.

Oh, and congratulations to Freelancers! :party:

Also gotta point out that the reason Razer got some much light was because this is the first time Warband has gotten such a huge sponsor, but what's more difficult is keeping that sponsor. Some admins had the responsibility of giving feedback to the guys at Razer to see how much recognition the sponsor was getting especially in the thread and various other places. That's why it got so much attention, because without it, we'll probably not see them sponsoring us in the future.

EDIT: And with the KURWA thing, what's the point in arguing with something like that. There's a difference between colour in the community and stupidity. It's not being odourless or tasteless, it's being ******** normal. Just because it's in another language doesn't mean you can call teams Whore, Prostitute, Slut or whatever the hell you want.  Fair enough it was allowed to be called KURWA for a long time but so what, they've moved on(most of them). Btw Congrats Freelancers.

Shemaforash said:
it's irrelevant whether or not legend gets an advantage since it doesn't concern them that a player of the other team got disqualified from the tournament, lol.
Team commander was disqualified for having pink javelins, you don't consider that being a big enough advantage for not letting the suspended player to play either? Lol.

Viktor said:
Also gotta point out that the reason Razer got some much light was because this is the first time Warband has gotten such a huge sponsor, but what's more difficult is keeping that sponsor. Some admins had the responsibility of giving feedback to the guys at Razer to see how much recognition the sponsor was getting especially in the thread and various other places. That's why it got so much attention, because without it, we'll probably not see them sponsoring us in the future.
Perhaps it has some extra value to competitive players, dunno. In my case the spam did not have the effect a company would want.

EDIT: And with the KURWA thing, what's the point in arguing with something like that. There's a difference between colour in the community and stupidity. It's not being odourless or tasteless, it's being ******** normal. Just because it's in another language doesn't mean you can call teams Whore, Prostitute, Slut or whatever the hell you want.  Fair enough it was allowed to be called KURWA for a long time but so what, they've moved on(most of them).
Once upon a time there was a Finnish clan called Perkele. I guess that name would be banned now as well. Also, I didn't say banning a name KURWA was odorless and tasteless, I said it was moving us towards that.

Btw, the 8 asterisks before 'normal' would indicate you self-censoring a word. I have no idea what the word is, but I can also tell it's useless there, whatever it is.

Do you have to turn this thread into another drama debate? Everyone has heard your opinion and everyone elses opinions 1 million times. Reiterating it here again is just crap.

Alene said:
Shemaforash said:
it's irrelevant whether or not legend gets an advantage since it doesn't concern them that a player of the other team got disqualified from the tournament, lol.
Team commander was disqualified for having pink javelins, you don't consider that being a big enough advantage for not letting the suspended player to play either? Lol.

The entire Russian team was disqualified when an equivalent infraction occurred, I believe an equivalent punishment would be justified. Perhaps you should volunteer for administrator so we can put your "common-sense" to use.

Back
Top Bottom