The European Union. Everyone keep calm. Be civil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Eternal said:
mcwiggum said:
jepekula said:
Gestricius said:
Would be 100% pro-EU if it only was a trade and transport union.
This. As it is right now, I have no choice but to be anti-EU due to all those directives on how curved a cucumber can be.
Have to agree with Ges. Half the decisions the EU has taken are just so braindead. I mean letting in hundreds of thousands of people from halfway across the globe in a span of time as short as a decade, is never going to have a negative backlash to it.

What's your proposed alternative? Instead of saving dying migrants from Tunisia, should the Italians be employing tugboats to send them back? Build a giant net across the Mediterranean?
What's wrong with labour camps?

Flin Flon said:
The Bowman said:
Having no free foreign policy is like having your mouth shut. In fact, much of the foreign policy is done behind the curtain.
The European parliament is a representative democracy. If you want to express something, vote.
Kind of hard to express one's full opinion when you find no representative with an accurate enough opinion.

TL;DR : Direct democracy pls.

Gestricius said:
Flin Flon said:
The Bowman said:
Having no free foreign policy is like having your mouth shut. In fact, much of the foreign policy is done behind the curtain.
The European parliament is a representative democracy. If you want to express something, vote.
Kind of hard to express one's full opinion when you find no representative with an accurate enough opinion.

TL;DR : Direct democracy pls.
Yes, popular opinions are dominant. Welcome to democracy.

mcwiggum said:
I mean letting in hundreds of thousands of people from halfway across the globe in a span of time as short as a decade, is never going to have a negative backlash to it.

You think it's bad now? Back in my day the European Union controlled religion, sanctioned mass immigration of foreign thugs and then made a huge drawing commemorating it.

03bayeux.jpg

But seriously most of the problems caused by immigration are completely imagined, either by people who have never lived near immigrants or by the insincere oxford-graduates who end up writing for the daily mail.

Comrade Temuzu said:
Implying Finland will ever be a grand duchy again.

Foreign policy aint free. The tree of freedom gotta be littered with Greek denbts. Merkele AKA "Mengele" aint my chancellor, she is German and probably Austrian as well :grin:D. It's mämmi and perkele not Brussels and reich OK. Praise Kekkonen.

Seriously? Really? Even Germans who don't like Merkel would get pissed off by you comparing her to him.

And I don't care if it was supposed to be a joke or not.

The Bowman said:
Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
What do you guys even do with your independent foreign politics anyways? Issue half-hearted condemnations of one invasion or another before going about your day?  :lol:

Yeah, because the whole world is dying to hear what Denmark or Croatia's got to say.

Poland should just annex the Czech Republic and Slovakia. That would create a nice West Slavic bloc worth some 55 million depressed souls. We would then turn a blind eye on France and Germany splitting the abomination that is Benelux. And who could then blame the British for going for Ireland and Spain for Portugal. The Scandinavian countries would probably merge, because who would want to annex that. That should clear the situation up a little.

Then there's the Balkans. I say either let the Hungarians have a do-over or just napalm the **** out of it and colonize it with Ukrainian gastarbeiter.

PinCushion said:
Comrade Temuzu said:

Foreign policy aint free. The tree of freedom gotta be littered with Greek denbts. Merkele AKA "Mengele" aint my chancellor, she is German and probably Austrian as well :grin:D. It's mämmi and perkele not Brussels and reich OK. Praise Kekkonen.

Seriously? Really? Even Germans who don't like Merkel would get pissed off by you comparing her to him.

Temuzu only believes in things if they will piss people off.
Mindless troll. Just ignore.

mcwiggum said:
Y'know what. The anger and madness induced by the topic of this thread is pretty good evidence that nobody knows what the EU is about.  :iamamoron:
My 14 year old cousin who doesn't live in the EU knows. So anyway, If you actually made this thread to discuss, instead of mindlessly repeating your dislike for the EU, then you should probably give Eternal a proper response.

kurczak said:
Poland should just annex the Czech Republic and Slovakia. That would create a nice West Slavic bloc worth some 55 million depressed souls. We would then turn a blind eye on France and Germany splitting the abomination that is Benelux. And who could then blame the British for going for Ireland and Spain for Portugal. The Scandinavian countries would probably merge, because who would want to annex that. That should clear the situation up a little.

Then there's the Balkans. I say either let the Hungarians have a do-over or just napalm the **** out of it and colonize it with Ukrainian gastarbeiter.

Does Poland get the Baltics too, or is that Scandinavian? Or can we split it, so that Poland gets Lithuania and then we can give Latvia and Estonia up to the Vikings?

Mage246 said:
PinCushion said:
Comrade Temuzu said:

Temuzu only believes in things if they will piss people off.
Mindless troll. Just ignore.

From the person who has yet to apologize for calling another person a Nazi groundlessly, and needlessly.

Eternal said:
Does Poland get the Baltics too, or is that Scandinavian? Or can we split it, so that Poland gets Lithuania and then we can give Latvia and Estonia up to the Vikings?

Hum, Lithuania goes definitely with us. I'm not feeling Estonians so let the Vikings have them. Latvia...I'm inclined to say Poland for the sake of rounding the total population to 60 mil.

Back
Top Bottom